Pictures / Video taken with your Lumia Icon

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Here's a video I shot with my Nokia Icon.
I do like being able to manually set the focus, etc.

I did use image stabalization when editing this video but it was so clear you can see the "multiple eyes" of this wasp cleaning itself on a cooling tower at work.
Be sure to select HD quality in the youtube settings.

jonesyvoor

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
It may be me but I don't think the image quality is that great with this phone. The photos that I took with my 920 were tremendous and even the photos taken with my Galaxy S5 seemed sharper and more vibrant. Here are a couple of examples taken with my Lumia. I took these all with the Nokia camera app on Auto settings. Some of the photos seem like they have too much yellow and others too blue. Colors like red don't pop at all. Do any of the experts have any advise? I use the shutter button on the phone (depress to focus and then shoot)

. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AFsWdSa7DDOpKNs&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AG1RCsSAmwumxDA&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

I'm also using capture mode 5 mp/16mp. I thought it saved an image in both sizes but I only have one image in my camera roll. I assume that's the 16mp version? How would I know? Sorry for the dumb questions. My videos also come out the same way. Lacking rich colors and warmth.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
It may be me but I don't think the image quality is that great with this phone. The photos that I took with my 920 were tremendous and even the photos taken with my Galaxy S5 seemed sharper and more vibrant. Here are a couple of examples taken with my Lumia. I took these all with the Nokia camera app on Auto settings. Some of the photos seem like they have too much yellow and others too blue. Colors like red don't pop at all. Do any of the experts have any advise? I use the shutter button on the phone (depress to focus and then shoot)

. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AFsWdSa7DDOpKNs&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AG1RCsSAmwumxDA&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

I'm also using capture mode 5 mp/16mp. I thought it saved an image in both sizes but I only have one image in my camera roll. I assume that's the 16mp version? How would I know? Sorry for the dumb questions. My videos also come out the same way. Lacking rich colors and warmth.

The image that is in your camera roll is the 5 MP version. with the exception of a 3rd party app, you cannot access the full resolution 16.9 MP version from your phone. The images that a lot of people put on here to showcase the camera is usually exported to their PC, edited in Light-room or a similar photo editor and then uploaded to here. The version you have on your phone is for showing to friends and family on smaller screens and easier to upload to Facebook and other social media sites.

jonesyvoor

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure that makes sense. I assumed that the photos I linked to above in OneDrive are the high res version since my settings are for the highest quality images to be automatically uploaded over wifi.

Regardless does anyone else think the colors are lacking richness?

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Here a picture from Bing, it looks great , jumps right off the screen on my Icon

Attachments

• small-river-creek-1080x1920[1].jpg
    small-river-creek-1080x1920[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Indeed if he has it set for the 5MP and the RAW 16MP sizes.

However there is also options for 5MP only and 5MP + 16 or so MP jpeg, which in that case you do see both versions with a regular photo viewer in your PC, etc when downloaded from the phone.

I tried it but prefer the RAW/DNG option which I can load with Photoshop.
It gives you some options to adjust things that you can not with a jpeg that has already been rendered and compressed.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Also some images with something a lot brighter in one portion verses another can cause stuff to wash out.
That is when it is good to adjust manually.

In the bowling alley I can zoom in at the BRIGHT LCD scoreboard with the room itself being dark (the Friday and Saturday night bowling times with the lights turned low) and if I adjust the settings manually I can get clear shots of the score whereas in normal the screen would be over exposed and a wash out.

Attachments

• WP_20140626_20_59_40_Raw.jpg
    WP_20140626_20_59_40_Raw.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 11

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Last July 4th I zoomed in and adjusted the manual settings to get some decent shots.
We were parked at a shopping center so we were some distance away form where the fireworks were and this was at zoom.

My wife has a Samsung Note 3. She didn't get any good shots. LOL

Attachments

• Fireworks - Explosion.jpg
    Fireworks - Explosion.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 9

drewman77

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
4dEwJAK.jpg

Wall of restaurant in downtown San Diego. Very intense light from above but very little elsewhere. Manually adjusted for low ISO and shutter speed. Brought into Lightroom for a bit of cropping and that's about it.

Yordi Gonzalez

May 12, 2013
Visit site
hi guys, i have a question to all of you icon owners, i bought 2 icons recently and my night pics and video both came out with lots of noise but thats not the problem the problem is more with the video because in low light it goes crazy with the iso (or at least thats what i think iit is) and ruin the video part with brightness and lines across the video, is anybody here having this problem or is it just my 2 icons? some answers will be appreciated guys

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
hi guys, i have a question to all of you icon owners, i bought 2 icons recently and my night pics and video both came out with lots of noise but thats not the problem the problem is more with the video because in low light it goes crazy with the iso (or at least thats what i think iit is) and ruin the video part with brightness and lines across the video, is anybody here having this problem or is it just my 2 icons? some answers will be appreciated guys
It depends on how dark it is and how far away the subject matter is from the phone. For example, I took a video of my kids trick-or-treating in an area that was poorly lit with no light activated on my phone. It was very noisy as the ISO attempted to compensate. I believe the noise and sometimes lines across the video is normal IF the environment in which you taking the video is dark enough. I don't like to use flash or light when using the camera because I feel it takes better lower light photos/video without it. But in certain darkness you have no choice because of the noise and lines you mentioned.

Yordi Gonzalez

May 12, 2013
Visit site
thanks so much for the response i thought mines was the problem, by the way i think microsoft should fix that iso going up like crazy because on camera you can correct it with the manual control but on video there is no way and that ruin the video experience, i mean i prefer a lil bit darker video than one almost unusable with those gray lines. again thank so much for the response

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon