Pictures / Video taken with your Lumia Icon

sunrat39

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hummingbird
cce2cc06b0598b36bb30fcfb20483c15.jpg

This was taken out of the Lumia software app. It was a video recording at 1080p so the quality of the still isn't the best. Also, it was shot through a window. Take a look at the left...

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone here tell me what their experience with the Icon video camera has been? I don't have the time* to read through all of the pages...

My issue is that since upgrading to Denim and continuing through Windows 10, my video is extremely dark by default. It's even worse in slow-motion. In normal settings, or low light, there is a huge difference in the photos taken vs the videos.

*=Edited

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone here tell me what their experience with the Icon video camera has been? I don't have the tone to read through all of the pages...

My issue is that since upgrading to Denim and continuing through Windows 10, my video is extremely dark by default. It's even worse in slow-motion. In normal settings, or low light, there is a huge difference in the photos taken vs the videos.

I shoot video of some of the services at my church with my Icon. I have a pan/tilt head mounted on the wall in the sound booth (which is on the second floor, overlooking the sanctuary). When I'm recording I underexpose by 0.7 stops (-0.7). I do this in order to not have faces washed out under the lights on the platform. The lighting in our sanctuary is pretty tricky, as it is pretty dim unless you're on the platform, and even there, you've got dark carpet surrounded by white walls, so the exposure is never going to be even, no matter how hard you try. Here's what I get, to give you an idea.:

Note that this was done with Lumia Camera Beta, and processed through Windows Movie Maker. I have recorded with Camera since upgrading to Win10 Preview, since Lumia Camera and Lumia Camera Beta stopped working, but I'm rather behind on processing them, so I'm not sure yet how they've turned out. I've read some things that give me reason to be concerned - that the audio quality is not only mono now, but is nowhere near as good as it was before. I'm hoping this is either not universal or will be fixed pronto, if it is true for me.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've gotten a little further in processing church videos, and I'm finding that the audio quality of a video taken a month ago today is pathetic compared to past performance. Hopefully as I get on, I'll discover that they've improved it.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been around these parts lately and initially read your post through the WC app so just got to the video. It looks good for the conditions you described. I will post mine and compare it to my S6 I have for work.

The dark videos only started after Denim.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss