03-14-2014 09:37 AM
66 123
tools
    I saw it. Thx.

At the top of the website there is a link ((live chat)) click it
    02-20-2014 08:45 PM
    I bought a black Icon today at my local MS retail store. They price matched Verizon at $549 and gave me a 5% friends and family discount so the price was $522.49 + sales tax. I have no idea what the F&F thing is about but the sales lady winked at me and said "lets say we were friends for today". I smiled and happily handed over my credit card!
    02-20-2014 10:56 PM
    that is EXACTLY what they did for me after the system didn't let them use the student discount. it was a nice compromise
    02-20-2014 11:07 PM
    I bought a black Icon today at my local MS retail store. They price matched Verizon at $549 and gave me a 5% friends and family discount so the price was $522.49 + sales tax. I have no idea what the F&F thing is about but the sales lady winked at me and said "lets say we were friends for today". I smiled and happily handed over my credit card!
    She might have been hitting on you. Just sayin'...
    02-20-2014 11:22 PM
    She might have been hitting on you. Just sayin'...
    I've got no problem with that!!!
    Coolaaron88 likes this.
    02-21-2014 12:23 AM
    FWIW, I picked up the phone at a local MS store, $549 with the charger. Dude was surprised about $599, said it has always been $549.

Good luck
    02-21-2014 12:30 AM
    I need to deal with that store's manager, discounts on top of discounts.
    I think the key is waiting for them to brign up warranty... We knew we wanted the phone warranty, but used it as leverage to get as much as possible. It made at least the initial $99 warranty cheaper...

Always wait for the sales guy to bring it up:)
    02-21-2014 08:23 AM
    The woman helping me gave me 20% off the 2-year warranty... So I guess you can say things are getting pretty serious.
    02-21-2014 08:28 AM
    I think you were supposed to hand over your phone number too. Wait! She already has it.
    02-21-2014 08:31 AM
    Yeah I walked into the store and picked up 2 of them. She said we get the chargers, and also I asked if they would price match VW at 549.00 she said they really have it for less than us. She then got her manager and told them that they need to push it up the chain that VW is selling it less than they are. So nice to get both the Price match and the wireless charger. Sad it is only a .7 amp charger, (Very slow Charging)
    02-21-2014 08:32 AM
    I guess I just suck at social interaction. Lol. I've been through several live chats and a phone call and did not receive a price match for my online order (599$ held firm) and no wireless charger even though it clearly states the promo on the website. Valid til march blah blah until suplies last blah blah. I can't imagine the icon nor the 928 being that popular. :rolls eyes:
    02-21-2014 08:34 AM
    It was $599 at the MS store in Tyson's, VA. They were going to buy my 928 for $100 but then essentially bought it for $150 to make up for the $50 difference to price match Verizon once I mentioned it. Normally the folks at this MS store shower me with discounts and perks, but the guy I had yesterday really made me work for it, but ultimately I left happy and with a black Icon.
    02-21-2014 08:41 AM
    I guess I just suck at social interaction. Lol. I've been through several live chats and a phone call and did not receive a price match for my online order (599$ held firm) and no wireless charger even though it clearly states the promo on the website. Valid til march blah blah until suplies last blah blah. I can't imagine the icon nor the 928 being that popular. :rolls eyes:
    Do you use the verizon Service?
    02-21-2014 10:09 PM
    For anyone that purchased their icon at the MS store: Were you able to use the phone walking out of the store or do you still have to activate at Verizon? Also, I'm on a very old plan where each line has its own data allowance. Has anyone upgraded a secondary line through the MS store and were you able to keep your existing plan?
    03-13-2014 10:45 AM
    For anyone that purchased their icon at the MS store: Were you able to use the phone walking out of the store or do you still have to activate at Verizon? Also, I'm on a very old plan where each line has its own data allowance. Has anyone upgraded a secondary line through the MS store and were you able to keep your existing plan?
    You can activate the phone by calling in to the Verizon customer service line. It's pretty easy. the Microsoft Store employees can walk you through it, or do it for you, as well.

I did it myself by calling in to Verizon. It took 5 minutes. I would have had the Microsoft Store employees do it for me, but I had bought the phone like 5 minutes before the store was closing and I wanted to get out of their hair.
    03-13-2014 10:52 AM
    You can activate the phone by calling in to the Verizon customer service line. It's pretty easy. the Microsoft Store employees can walk you through it, or do it for you, as well.

I did it myself by calling in to Verizon. It took 5 minutes. I would have had the Microsoft Store employees do it for me, but I had bought the phone like 5 minutes before the store was closing and I wanted to get out of their hair.
    I activated the phone yesterday at the Microsoft Store with no hassle 😊
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    03-14-2014 09:37 AM
66 123