Icon $599 on ms store

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Their lying, you can't order off the MS store (online) and price match. Been through like 8 live chats and even asked the answer desk and let them take over my computer, sat here and watched them try stuff for an hour. Thanks, assholes

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm headed up to the store now to pick up my pre-order. At the time i pre-ordered, they stated $449. I'll let you know how it goes...

We got the manager to price match Verizon, 10% student discount and free standing Nokia chargers.
My friend (Gamby35) also traded in an old fat ps3 for an additional $100 off his.

We bought them outright, off contract.

Last edited:

MikeInOhio

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Just for fun I went to see what the 928 price was off contract at the MS store online and it said it is not longer available there. Instead it sent me to the Samsung ATIV page - lol. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered an Icon off contract (+$9.99 shipping + $99 insurance thing) if they can "validate my order for shipment" whatever the heck that means...

Microsoft should probably work with Simplexity to revamp the online purchase experience.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
We got the manager to price match Verizon, 10% student discount and free standing Nokia chargers.
My friend also traded in an old fat ps3 for an additional $100 off his.

We bought them outright, off contract.

I need to deal with that store's manager, discounts on top of discounts. :grin:

woodie5

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I got the phone today for $549 plus a free charger at the MS store. I preordered about a week ago at the store. This was in Los Angeles.

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I purchased at a Microsoft Store today off contract $599. Got the charger free, I purchased the warranty and received $20 off. The salesman didn't know about that discount until he rang the sale up and it popped up. I asked about the differences in people receiving discounts free chargers. He said his store puts everything in the sale and see what the system allows with discounts, freebies.

jpling

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
My phone shipped and will be here tomorrow. I opened chat with cs on the store website and absolutely zero price matching or free charger for me?? How on earth did everyone get them.......

wzy0136

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My phone shipped and will be here tomorrow. I opened chat with cs on the store website and absolutely zero price matching or free charger for me?? How on earth did everyone get them.......
Hello, Can you show me the Chatting Link on MS Website? I can't find it.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought a black Icon today at my local MS retail store. They price matched Verizon at $549 and gave me a 5% friends and family discount so the price was $522.49 + sales tax. I have no idea what the F&F thing is about but the sales lady winked at me and said "lets say we were friends for today". I smiled and happily handed over my credit card!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought a black Icon today at my local MS retail store. They price matched Verizon at $549 and gave me a 5% friends and family discount so the price was $522.49 + sales tax. I have no idea what the F&F thing is about but the sales lady winked at me and said "lets say we were friends for today". I smiled and happily handed over my credit card!

She might have been hitting on you. Just sayin'...

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, I picked up the phone at a local MS store, $549 with the charger. Dude was surprised about $599, said it has always been $549.

Good luck

meathead88

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I need to deal with that store's manager, discounts on top of discounts. :grin:
I think the key is waiting for them to brign up warranty... We knew we wanted the phone warranty, but used it as leverage to get as much as possible. It made at least the initial $99 warranty cheaper...

Always wait for the sales guy to bring it up:)

california86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

The woman helping me gave me 20% off the 2-year warranty... So I guess you can say things are getting pretty serious. :winktongue:

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I think you were supposed to hand over your phone number too. Wait! She already has it.

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I walked into the store and picked up 2 of them. She said we get the chargers, and also I asked if they would price match VW at 549.00 she said they really have it for less than us. She then got her manager and told them that they need to push it up the chain that VW is selling it less than they are. So nice to get both the Price match and the wireless charger. Sad it is only a .7 amp charger, (Very slow Charging)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05