Heading to Verizon today after work to get the Icon

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Not because of the data issue but because it felt so huge in my hand, I just couldn't pull the trigger on it this morning! My 822 is so rock solid and so perfect sized, it's hard to let it go.

You must have really small heads i am picturing like a T-Rex or something because my wife has small hands and she preferred it to the HTC 8X.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
You must have really small heads i am picturing like a T-Rex or something because my wife has small hands and she preferred it to the HTC 8X.

My hands are not that small and neither is my head. My issue with the Icon's size is that I hate having such a giant phone in my pocket. I'm sure your wife doesn't mind because more than likely she carries a purse. I'll wait and see what other devices they announce in the next couple months. Again, I'm perfectly happy with my 822, so no hurry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I saw a lot of Verizon Icon commercials on TV last night on multiple channels. It really surprised me. I bet a couple Verizon reps saw the commercial last night and said, when did we get that phone.

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Remember guys, Verizon is only selling the black version in stores. White is online only. Not sure if Microsoft Stores are doing the same...

This is not true. My VZW store had one white in stock yesterday when I bought mine in black. They let me open the white one and look at it and I preferred the black.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I saw a lot of Verizon Icon commercials on TV last night on multiple channels. It really surprised me. I bet a couple Verizon reps saw the commercial last night and said, when did we get that phone.

I went into Verizon yesterday and the Icon was in the corner categorized with Moto X back splash/wallpaper.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
My hands are not that small and neither is my head. My issue with the Icon's size is that I hate having such a giant phone in my pocket. I'm sure your wife doesn't mind because more than likely she carries a purse. I'll wait and see what other devices they announce in the next couple months. Again, I'm perfectly happy with my 822, so no hurry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Oh ok. I see what you mean makes sense now. I carry a smurse/manbag/satchel.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried all day yesterday going to multiple Verizons and nobody even stocked them. Nor would they help me order one or anything. Basically as soon as they found out that in not going to be buying/renewing a contract or jumping on their edge bs they completely blew me off. And it was like super obvious, like while I'm speaking to them they just start helping another customer. Twice I literally said "Are you kidding me right now?" because of the blatant disrespect. So sick of their bs, I really hope a Microsoft store opens up in my area sometime soon so I don't have to drive an hour and a half into a whole other state.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried all day yesterday going to multiple Verizons and nobody even stocked them. Nor would they help me order one or anything. Basically as soon as they found out that in not going to be buying/renewing a contract or jumping on their edge bs they completely blew me off. And it was like super obvious, like while I'm speaking to them they just start helping another customer. Twice I literally said "Are you kidding me right now?" because of the blatant disrespect. So sick of their bs, I really hope a Microsoft store opens up in my area sometime soon so I don't have to drive an hour and a half into a whole other state.

Wow that sucks dude. I've never had this bad customer service at Verizon. This is absurd. You should have played the "I'm an American" card. I always do it when I am getting bad service. In fact, my exact line is "I am an American and I demand quality service, what is all this communist nonsense you are doing"

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
IF thus was a corporate store I would definitely contact the company. Either via website, phone call or district manager. That is total BS.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
IF thus was a corporate store I would definitely contact the company. Either via website, phone call or district manager. That is total BS.

They were all corporate stores.

Actually funny story about calling them. I had to call 3 times, and each of the three times after my first question they said "sir give me one moment" and the first call I was put on hold for 20 min so I hung up and called back. I was then put on hold for 35 min so I hung up and called back. The last time I waited on the phone for ONE HOUR and I hung up the phone and started cursing for another 5 hours about Verizon. I am beyond pissed with this company.

TozyJay

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I've usually been really happy with Verizon customer service, but this was shenanigans.

I called my Verizon store at lunch yesterday - the lady hadn't even heard of the phone and said they didn't have any in stock yet. I did an online chat session with a Verizon rep who said that most stores didn't have the phone yet. My only option was to order online, but the problem is that I have a greater chance of being struck by lightning than being home when the delivery arrives. After I got off work, I decided to try one more time so I called Verizon customer service who then told me that I was misinformed and that the store did have plenty in stock after all. They advised me that I could just stop in, pick one up, and they could cancel my order. I get to the store, wait 20 minutes for a sales rep (it's a busy store, so this was expected). After investigating for 15 minutes or so, tells me that he sees no order in the system. Assuming that customer service already cancelled the order, he grabs a phone out of the back and starts getting everything set up. After about 10-15 minutes he realizes that there is still an open order and calls customer service. He then spends 30 minutes on the phone with them, during which I have to speak to the customer service rep and verify my information. At the end, he says the order is already shipped so he can't process the transaction.

I totally understand why they couldn't cancel after the order shipped, but I basically waste a huge chunk of time due to being given one piece of incorrect information after another all day. The good news is I live fairly close to the FedEx delivery center so I can just drive over later tonight and pick it up. Good times! :)

Hope everyone else is getting everything sorted out alright!

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I am waiting for, I asked for the Icon and the rep says the icons are added when you install an application. :grin:

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I checked yesterday on a whim, and they had one out. Next to a bunch of droids, tucked in a corner. The sales guy was nice but was open that I'd be brave being the first one there to buy one. He said he was getting his training on it that afternoon, all he could really say was that he knew it had a 20mp camera. The cases weren't even on display but he did find a few in the back.

I have a new laptop with 8.1 shipping right now (I'm upgrading from Vista), once I have a day configuring and learning the new OS I'll grab the Icon.

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

That's really surprising on the being blown off for outright buy. I bought both my 822 and 928 at the same Verizon store out right, both different reps, and they did question on why I was going away from the iPhone 5 (I flipped back to the iPhone 5 after initial annoyances with WP8 that GDR2 did patch but not until after I had flipped back). When I picked up the 928, the rep was fairly clueless on the 928 (was shortly after it came out) but had an HTC 8X and was impressed at the 928 compared to his. This seems to be a sad case due to when I called last week to get my account fixed due to them never shipping my secure SIM and it locking my account for upgrades, the phone rep had an 822 and knew almost nothing about the Icon despite Nokia had announced it already.

When my girlfriend went to check on the status of her upgrade eligibility when I was visiting her, the rep had a Windows Phone, cannot remember which though. I guess it depends on the store.

I ordered my Icon online as I didn't feel like drive out of town again to the same corporate store, and this one is on Edge this time around instead of out right purchase. Though I cannot think that I would have gotten much hassle from the rep as I was going to go from one Nokia to another, but never know.

I'd honestly call customer service and complain, I hope you got the in store rep names.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Our family business has a rep who were worked very closely with who had actually moved to the more problematic store and just recently became manager. We're pretty close to him, we're going to give him hell about the experience (unfortunately he wasn't there yesterday). I didn't get their names yesterday but I'm going to go back in today to get names and kick *** (verbally of course).

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I AM IN QUEUE AT A VERIZON STORE THAT HAS 3 IN STOCK. AS LONG AS THE 20 PEOPLE IN FRONT OF ME AREN'T TRYING TO GET ONE TOO, I SHOULD BE COMING HOME WITH AN ICON TONIGHT!!!!!!i

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I am very happy with this store. The Icon is the very first thing you see when you walk into the store. Right in front of the front door is a single podium with the Icon and 2520 on it!

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not true about stores only having black, I walked in my corp. store in kona Hawaii & bought 1 of the 2 white they had in stock. They had 2 white & 2 black

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Update. After waiting this long, told them my entire situation, I'm not allowed to buy a phone off contract unless I'm a primary on the account!! FANTASTIC! my mom is pissed driving 45 minutes now to allow me to purchase the phone. Udder bull****.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss