Heading to Verizon today after work to get the Icon

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Finally got my Icon. FedEx delivered it to the wrong place not 1 Icon but 2 Icons to the wrong place. I was running around trying to find out who signed for and was able to track down the person that signed for it. I didn't know who there were and I didn't know what they look like but I was going to find them and get my phone.

Turns out they delivered it across the street to a different apartment complex and I was able to retrieve it without any issue.

I powered up my device reading all the instructions but was not able to activate my phone so I went out to the local Verizon which is a corporate Verizon and a young man took care of me. I listed all my issues and he was able to resolve all of them in a timely fashion. He also helped my wife with some accessories by letting her try them on and at the end he held the door for us to let us out.

This is why I love Verizon, not none of this T-Mobile stuff, "crap more customers"

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I've also been dealing with amazing(ly bad) customer service trying to get this phone. At every step I was given wrong information that caused me to make the wrong decision. Here's the rundown.

My goal was simple: take advantage of the open enrollment period in Verizon Edge and upgrade to the Nokia Icon phone. A phone is just a phone, and not worth being dramatic about. However, being mislead and given a stream of false promises by a company is. Here is the timeline.

Last Friday I went to the Rockville, MD store to do the deal. They had an hour wait time, so I took the initiative to go online to ask if it was possible to order there and just pick up from the stock in the store. They said no, but I could try calling, since they have more flexibility (is that true?). So I called and waited 20 minutes while running errands. The lady on the phone was pleasant. I repeatedly stated that I wanted to be able to pick up the phone from the stock in the store. She lead me on a lengthy process, only at the end of which she stated that they cannot sell from or ship to the store. Waiting until the end to tell me this is sneaky, but she promised to get it to me Monday. I agreed since it was getting late and I just wanted to be done with the deal. I asked whether that was accurate since it was already after 6PM, but she said it was.

Saturday comes and I haven't seen a Fedex tracking number, so I go online to chat. I am again assured that it will arrive Monday, the rep stating that Saturday counts as one of the two days of the two day shipping. I again give him the benefit of the doubt and go on with my weekend.

Monday comes and there is no phone. In fact it won't be there until Wednesday. I call up and wait the 20 minutes, then cancelling my order since I had been deceived by two service reps. In doing so I ask the new rep if I would be able to walk into a VZW store and buy the phone that evening. He assured me I would, so I thanked him and drove to the Bethesda store, since the Rockville store was sold out at this point.

I walk into the Bethesda store and they could process the order since the other phone is with Fedex already. The store worker calls in to customer service and we wait 20 minutes. The first rep says he can't help me, so I ask to speak to a supervisor. J******.M******@verizonwireless.com is the one I spoke to. He says that he will mark the phone as having
been received already, so that we can process the order in the store. I would have to make sure to send the original phone back ASAP and email him the tracking number, or I'd be billed for the retail price of the phone. That's fine, I'll pay the Fedex back if I can get my phone tonight.

They remove part of the hold (the phone being out), but do not remove the Edge contract from my account, rendering the store rep helpless once more. We call back. We wait 20 minutes. It's past 10PM now and the store lights are off. The final rep tells us that the contract hold can only be lifted once the loading dock indicates the phone has been received. This seemed like nonsense to me as well, since the supervisor had already indicated in the system that it had been received. However, it was late, everyone was physically and emotionally exhausted after so many broken promises, and we called it a night. As a side note the local store rep told me they didn't ticket or tow cars parked across the street that late at night. A $45 love note from the city police waiting for me when I left the store says otherwise.

So here I am, a phone I can't use on its way, a contract I can't get rid of until I pay to have it shipped back, and no phone. All because people promised things that weren't true, wanted to make the sale and/or get me off the phone quickly, and were just honestly ignorant of their own systems. People pay a small premium for Verizon. In exchange they expect the best coverage and the best service. Coverage has been great. The service has been an absolute outrage.

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like some BS. That is exactly why I despise setting foot inside a Verizon store. If I were in your shoes I'd call the Verizon customer service number and when the automated routing asks you what you need say "cancel service". That should get you to a retention rep where you can threaten to cancel your service and voice your frustration. Its worth a shot and they may be able to at least help you credit some of that associated cost for shipping, etc.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
@Antsin3d Wow that is ridiculous, I have never had such bad experience at Verizon and I am picky as hell, says my wife. That's crazy how other Verizons across the country are treating us like garbage.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My horrible experiences were in multiple Maryland Verizon stores too! Not saying Maryland has anything to do with it, but its pretty funny!

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I like the people and countryside in MD - the VZW stores and $0.05 plastic bag fee not so much (just moved from Florida in November....brrrrr). So VZW is covering return shipping if I'm not able to refuse shipment, which will happen today. Their supervisor called me and said to let him know when that was done and he'd try to get the contract removed ASAP. I think lodging formal complaints, complaining on Twitter, and emailing every regional suit I could find might have helped. :p Gotta say, TMobile was looking mighty tempting, but in the end their signal is cruddy. Thanks peeps!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
(just moved from Florida in November....brrrrr)

You should've waited until May to move north!

I think lodging formal complaints, complaining on Twitter, and emailing every regional suit I could find might have helped.

I've found Twitter to work the best. I've done it a couple times recently with Sprint & Net10, and I got prompt & helpful responses, unlike their respective Customer Service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss