Screen timeout maximum is 5 minutes

xCoolax

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello, sorry to bump an old topic. I just go my Lumia Icon and its awesome! But I too would like to have the "never" option available for screen time out. There are certain scenarios in my profession where I would like the phone to be on all times, and others where I might not need that functionality. Regardless of the situation, I think giving the user the choice to decide how they use their phone is always the best option.

Here's hoping they add this functionality in the future! :)

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
That's really going to wear out the screen faster...

"OLEDs also age more rapidly than LCDs, according to experts, which means that the red and blue colors deteriorate faster than green, which can further throw the color balance out of whack."

Read more: ABCs of smartphone screens: 1080p and more (Smartphones Unlocked) | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

Yes. But you're talking 14,000 to 17,000 hours (depending who you talk to) before you start seeing degradation. That works out to approximately 5 years of life if you are using it for 8 hours a day. Now how many people actually actively use there phones 8 hours straight non-stop every day? Furthermore, how many people keep their phones for more than two years? Btw, those numbers are from 2009, I couldn't find anything more recent. I've gone through 6 phones since then (1 BB, 3 Samsungs, 2 Nokias).

Now back to the original OP. Yes, having a "never" option would be nice. There've been times when I was a tad frustrated at having the screen timeout after 5 minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6