Lumia Icon Screen Protectors

codynunes

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a 1020 with Gorilla Glass 3, I got it replaced because it did pick up some minor scratches. I ended up buying a Armorsuit Military shield for my second 1020. I just took it off and my screen is beautiful. Any screen protector is going to degrade quality, but if you get the self-healing rubbery ones they do a good job an protecting. My 1020 fell face down from about 5 ft up. No scratches, dents anything.

Here is a little bit of warning, be careful about alcohol to clean your screens. I cant tell if these phones have oil-repelling (oleophobic) coatings on them that get removed with the use of alcohol. I cant find any documentation.

WarDamnEagle09

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I've used several screen protectors in my smartphone travels. I've found Armorsuit, Skinomi, and Zagg are all really good. Skinomi is listed on Amazon at a great price and as being available March 5, the others I have not heard of when they may be available. I think your best bet for an immediate screen protector that is actually worth a dang is Skinomi on Amazon.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I love skinomi! their shields are completely invisible, cover the ENTIRE glass, and most of all their customer service and warranty is awesome. zagg sucks at cutting their shields out to size, I install shields daily at geek squad and have constantly fought with zaggs shields because the holes are cut out wrong.

mobilejk

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
For years I used Zagg' invisaSHIELD but in the last couple of years they have pretty much have tapered off in developing for Nokia's (they don't have ones for the 1520 for example) so I switched to Bodygardz and I've been very impressed not only in their quality but their also a bit more inexpensive. Hope that helps.

Badgerbrown

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Are any of the screen protectors going to fit the contour of the glass, or will they just run up to the edge before the curve of the glass?

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Are any of the screen protectors going to fit the contour of the glass, or will they just run up to the edge before the curve of the glass?

The wet application protectors will cover all the glass(Zagg and Skinonomi among others I think). From what I understand the adhesive ones don't go edge to edge. I REALLY don't like the wet application ones that I've seen. They fit awesome, but ruin the feel(gummy) and image quality of the screen. That said, by its very nature a screen protector is a compromise, so you have to give up something.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Considering someone is trashing the GG as "easy to scratch" because their kid dragged it along the floor, I figured this is worth mentioning:

Gorilla Glass (1, 2 and 3) is scratch resistant, not scratch proof. It's designed to protect the screen from scratches caused by common pocket/purse items such as keys, coins, key chain items, metal hinges and clasps, paper clips, and stuff like that. One thing that will absolutely damage the screen, and is really common, is sand. Sand is made up of silica, which is hard enough to scratch the glass. If you're in a sandy environment, you probably want to get a screen protector.

Also, if you're planning on popping the question to your lady friend, it's a good idea to keep the ring in the box, not floating around in your pocket since the diamond will damage the screen. Unless you didn't splurge on the rock... cheapskate. :p

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I like the Greatshield anti glare protectors on other devices. Not sure if they have them for the Icon yet, but whatever phones my wife and I end up with we will be using the Greatshield protectors on them.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
For anybody wondering, my Skinomi shield just came in. Application was easy, it covers the ENTIRE glass portion of the front (even on the curved glass it goes on smooth and doesn't lift like you'd expect), holes were cut out perfectly, and I couldn't be happier! Every time I install a Skinomi shield, it reminds me why I would never buy from another manufacturer!

Chris Mooney

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Did they mold it to fit the curved glass?? I don't see how you wouldn't end up with folds in the shield. Can you take a pic of what it looks like for the Icon crowd?

indoko

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
For anybody wondering, my Skinomi shield just came in. Application was easy, it covers the ENTIRE glass portion of the front (even on the curved glass it goes on smooth and doesn't lift like you'd expect), holes were cut out perfectly, and I couldn't be happier! Every time I install a Skinomi shield, it reminds me why I would never buy from another manufacturer!

Is the skinomi gummy or smooth?

Sent from my RM-892_eu_spain_453 using Tapatalk

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Did they mold it to fit the curved glass?? I don't see how you wouldn't end up with folds in the shield. Can you take a pic of what it looks like for the Icon crowd?

no but they are very soft and when the moisture leaves from under the screen it adheres to the glass very well. Its not like plastic like Zaggs shields are

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Is the skinomi gummy or smooth?

Sent from my RM-892_eu_spain_453 using Tapatalk

its smooth but I can see how one may call it gummy. Its much soften then that of a Zagg or verizons shield. I can take pictures of it as soon as I'm with a camera other than just my icon

charity12492

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I found a good screen protector its called fosmon on best buys website fits good the sides in top are cut in more so you won't have the issue of the screen protector coming up on the sides. Pretty happy with it so far.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a good screen protector that they recommend yet? I just picked up my icon, and this vzw thing is horrible. I have to get something else.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Doh.... Didn't realize when I replied in the app that there were six pages of replies... I was just replying to the first page. I'll look through these when I get home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99