Lumia Icon Screen Protectors

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I was at the local MSFT store and they said they MSFT is fixing to stop selling Zagg protectors. The Zagg protectors they sell don't quite fit right. Something about it covering one of the microphones.

Yeah I work at Best Buy and we have to apply them and its miserable because half of their products are cut out so incredibly poorly.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Put an illumishield matte protector on the wife's icon. Fits well, doesn't wrap the whole way to the edge of the glass, but covers the "screen" if that makes sense. Top edges where it might be prone to peeling are covered by here Dual Pro case.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I work at Best Buy and we have to apply them and its miserable because half of their products are cut out so incredibly poorly.

I still don't understand why anyone buys their overpriced, orange peel crap. Even their newer HD protectors are junk compared to the competition.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I have not had a problem with the Verizon screen protectors. The only thing that happened is that the top left corner peeled up I guess after going in and out of my pocket. No big deal for me, I applied the other one I had with no problem and it is on better than the previous on anyways. Plus I like the screen protector since it wraps the edges too. Though I would buy a tempered glass one and use it if I ever had to. It would be nice if someone did make one for it.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Randall 2

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I use my phones hard. and prefer naked. I try to keep my hands clean but do pick up some carborundum dust and that will leave fine scratches that one can see if holding the phone sideways in the sun with the screen off... but when the screen is on they cannot be seen when looking straight on,, I do not wear a diamond ring and carry the phones in a pocket with metal.

Iphone 5S, Samsung Note 3, Lumia 1020 my fav

OutlawFirebird

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Got the Verizon one on now. Works well, easy to apply, and you get extras. Do have a invisible shield on the way. Tried skinimo. Had trouble with installation. So I put a Verizon one back on. Will try them again, with a replacement. Didn't fell much different than an invisible shield.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Are there any tempered glass protectors out there for the icon yet?

I found this one:

Robot Check

I'm not sure how well it will work. The Icon's screen is curved along the edges and I'm not sure how well the edges of the screen protector will stay put. I stopped using screen protectors mainly because of this.

There are several earlier posts about Skinomi screen protectors though.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for a screen protector now for the 930. Is the Icon exactly the same as the 930? Especially with the screen protector, it must be ... perfect :)

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
From what I know, the icon screen protectors should fit the 930 with no problem. But I could be wrong. Armor suit has it for both, but I don't really know if there is a difference between the two protectors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss