How did you setup your Lumia Icon start screen?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I have for now:

• jpg.gif
    wp_ss_20140227_0001.jpg (195.9 KB)

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140227_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140227_0001.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 24

robertc88

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I just got the Icon yesterday and started browsing this forum after I registered. Lots of nice home screens on this thread and wanted to thank you folks for posting yours. I'll figure out how to do that down the road and I'll start building my screen soon. I'll probably keep it real simple to begin with but I have to go into most every tile for starters on the initial screen to see if I want to keep that specific one.

I have a question. Most everything on the initial screen is the same color tile. How are folks changing tiles to the color they want?

Thanks again!

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I just got the Icon yesterday and started browsing this forum after I registered. Lots of nice home screens on this thread and wanted to thank you folks for posting yours. I'll figure out how to do that down the road and I'll start building my screen soon. I'll probably keep it real simple to begin with but I have to go into most every tile for starters on the initial screen to see if I want to keep that specific one.

I have a question. Most everything on the initial screen is the same color tile. How are folks changing tiles to the color they want?

Thanks again!

Some app tiles remain the color of your theme no matter what. For instance, Phone, Messaging and Windows Phone Store. If there's an app out there that allows you to change them, I haven't seen it.

Other app tiles have a standard color of their own that's not part of the theme you choose. For example OneNote is always purple and OneDrive is always blue.

A few app tiles, such as Simple Calendar, allow you to have your tile the color of the theme you've chosen or a "custom" background color.

And then there are a few apps out there, Skinery Themes and Wiztiles are a few that I've tried, that allow you to change a lot of tile settings to custom colors and/or icons.

Mix that all together and you have a collage of colors.

P.S. Help me out fellow forum members. I'm sure there are other apps or settings I'm not aware of that let you customize your screen even more.

robertc88

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Some app tiles remain the color of your theme no matter what. For instance, Phone, Messaging and Windows Phone Store. If there's an app out there that allows you to change them, I haven't seen it.

Other app tiles have a standard color of their own that's not part of the theme you choose. For example OneNote is always purple and OneDrive is always blue.

A few app tiles, such as Simple Calendar, allow you to have your tile the color of the theme you've chosen or a "custom" background color.

And then there are a few apps out there, Skinery Themes and Wiztiles are a few that I've tried, that allow you to change a lot of tile settings to custom colors and/or icons.

Mix that all together and you have a collage of colors.

P.S. Help me out fellow forum members. I'm sure there are other apps or settings I'm not aware of that let you customize your screen even more.

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.

I'm making some headway. I installed MoWeather and Connectivity Tiles. For the latter, I can pin tiles to the start screen but can't figure out how to get the color for each of those that radmanvr has pictured. Also, for MoWeather all I get is a tile with that title on it on my start screen when I pin it but no weather info like some I see that folks have showing on their screen.

Lol, at least it is fun learning this new OS and customization of the start screen. I installed WizTiles as well and I'll try using some of those also.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Is there any app that would allow a change to the underlying color? Dark and light being our only choices . Be cool to be able to change that. I've been looking and have not found anything but tile changers and lock screen changers. Need a home screen wallpaper changer:)

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Even though we all have the same phone, I love how every start screen looks different. While I understand some of the complaints regarding customization with WP, I think many people overlook how unique you can make your homescreen look.

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This is my first Windows Phone, so I'm new to the whole Windows tile setup deal. But I like it! Here is what I did :)

Are the grouped tiles native in the Icon? Or is that an app you have that does this?

Humble question time... how do I take a screenshot to show you guys my start screen?

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Are the grouped tiles native in the Icon? Or is that an app you have that does this?

Humble question time... how do I take a screenshot to show you guys my start screen?
I don't think its native ...its an app from Nokia called App Folder....for screenshot press windows+power button.

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Here's how I've set up min:

wp_ss_20140308_0001.jpg

wp_ss_20140308_0002.png

Some of the stuff on the bottom is temporary until I go through it all. Nokia Care and Local Scout will probably get unpinned eventually, and Verizon Mobile will get shrunk and tucked away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6