04-06-2015 01:26 PM
357 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I finally caved and picked up a case. I love the looks of my white Icon, but I use my phone at the Gym 6 days a week (ProGym for anyone who needs a good tracking app) and just knew eventually something was going to happen to it (no matter how carefully I hid it away between sets). I went with the Otter Box Defender, and love it. It actually makes the phone easier to handle. I didn't want to admit it before, but the while it's a beautiful phone, it's not the easiest phone to hold. It actually is on the thin side, and the squared edges do make it a bit award for big hands. With the Otter Box on my phone, it actually now feels great it the hand. Very substantial, and now I don't think twice about handling it. Before I was always very careful with it in hand, because I knew if I dropped it, I could be in for trouble. The only thing I didn't like about the Defender was the built in screen protector, since it completely washed out the gorgeous screen on the Icon. Tonight I just popped it off (very easy to do, and I assume they make it simple to pop off on purpose) and now I have my lovely screen back, with the great protection that Otter Box offers.
    I get my phone and Otterbox today. I've had Otterbox cases on past phones and really liked their durability.

As for ProGym, I've used so many different workout trackers on all the main mobile OS's. It is hands down the best I have ever used.
    A895 likes this.
    05-02-2014 10:24 AM
    I saw the black version of the MALM FLIPCASE WWN. It looks interesting. I wish they had it in blue or cyan.

Krusell - Works with Nokia
    05-03-2014 01:49 AM
    I have the incipio feather in cyan. love it. simple, colorful, light, and protects every side and corner. although it seems to be stained on the corners now after a few weeks. i'm guessing from my jeans pockets?
    05-03-2014 02:03 AM
    05-03-2014 09:17 AM
    I recently bought PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon Slim Shell Case WHITE (Link 1 and link 2)
    It's a great case. It's very sturdy and looks great. I didn't want a case that's going to hide the design of the phone itself since it was one of the major reason why I decided to go with Lumia Icon. That being said, the case is very tight and it's hard to get the case off but it does get easier the more you do it. My only major concern is, the white part around the phone seem to have slight yellowy-grey tone to it which makes the case look dirty. I've had the case for few days and it looks like I've had it for months. But other than that, it's a solid case. It's not flimsy at all. It's easy to slide it into your pocket and looks great.
    05-04-2014 05:38 AM
    Love my Icon and this is the best Otterbox Defender case I've had for a phone yet. It's gonna get plenty of use in the gym and a records warehouse. So, here's to a hardcore case.
    A895 likes this.
    05-04-2014 06:39 PM
    I just found a crazy Icon case on Amazon.

Nokia Lumia Icon Old School Retro Nintendo Gameboy Phone Case
    05-06-2014 09:04 PM
    I just found a crazy Icon case on Amazon.

Nokia Lumia Icon Old School Retro Nintendo Gameboy Phone Case
    Picture is of the 1020, so we can't see what it looks like. And reviews aren't so good.
    05-06-2014 10:59 PM
    Picture is of the 1020, so we can't see what it looks like. And reviews aren't so good.
    There is another listing that shows the Icon. No reviews on it though. Based on the 1020 case, it probably isn't a good case.

Just thought the case itself was unusual so I mentioned it.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    05-06-2014 11:03 PM
    There is another listing that shows the Icon. No reviews on it though. Based on the 1020 case, it probably isn't a good case.

Just thought the case itself was unusual so I mentioned it.
    Ah, yup. Here it is. Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia Icon Old School Retro Nintendo Gameboy Phone Case: Cell Phones & Accessories
    05-07-2014 08:24 AM
    I am such a case junkie, I came across and ordered this case as well. I didn't see this site posted here. They have a few other case options and colors as well.

S-Line Series Nokia Lumia Icon Silicone Case - White | DSstyles

Other cases they offer.
    http://www.dsstyles.com/nokia-lumia-icon-cases
    Last edited by drufranco; 05-08-2014 at 08:25 AM.
    05-07-2014 01:07 PM
    05-07-2014 06:41 PM
    Does the kickstand lock securely?
    05-07-2014 07:16 PM
    Does the kickstand lock securely?
    Yes, it works fine. Although I would say the kickstand part feels a little cheaper than the rest of the case when used, It tucks away fine and secure when not in use. It's a great case for the price.
    05-07-2014 08:36 PM
    Yes, it works fine. Although I would say the kickstand part feels a little cheaper than the rest of the case when used, It tucks away fine and secure when not in use. It's a great case for the price.
    I was looking around and found a similar case but I found a video of someone reviewing it and that kickstand would not fit securely and made an irritating noise whenever the phone was moved.

Does it add a lot of bulk to the phone? I like added protection for phones but sometimes it comes at the cost of making a phone excessively bulky.
    05-07-2014 10:45 PM
    05-08-2014 08:41 AM
    I got an otterbox for mine and as usual I get tired of the plastic built in screen protector and ripped it out! LOL!

I do like the rubber over the plastic that otherwise protects the phone.
    |
    The raised beveled edge around the screen will still protect the screen from most drops.

I took this photo with my Surface Tablet, so it isn't that clear. LOL
    But the phone looks nice in the otterbox minus the plastic over the screen.
    Attached Thumbnails win_20140508_125254-2-.jpg  
    A895 likes this.
    05-08-2014 02:57 PM
    Well, I just picked out a few cases, some more protective than others. I guess I will see which one works for me.

I ordered these three from WirelessGround.com

PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon DualTek Extreme Shock Case - Arctic White Original 60599PG 35839 - This one doesn't seem to be on the PureGear website yet.

PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon Slim Shell Case - Clear with White Original 60508PG 35326

Nokia Lumia Icon Flexible Gel Skin Case - Clear 34964
    05-08-2014 11:56 PM
    Here is couple photos of my case.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20140508_005.jpg   wp_20140508_004.jpg  
    A895 likes this.
    05-09-2014 03:10 AM
    For those of you who are more adventurous. I recommend the Dry Case. You can vacuum seal it and it's rated down to 100 feet.

DryCASE Waterproof Smartphone Case Waterproof Case for Smartphones DryCASE

It comes with a neck lanyard, an arm band strap and air pump. It also has a built in waterproof headphone jack if you want to get the waterproof ear buds.

For the Icon I recommend putting it in top first. That gives the camera lens the most clearance for taking underwater pics. I also recommend that if you have any kind of silicon gel type case to take the case off first. The pouch is kind of clingy and getting it in and out with a gel type is kind of awkward.

And yes. It really does work. My wife has used hers swimming.
    onlysublime and Botcher like this.
    05-09-2014 04:14 PM
    Here is couple photos of my case.
    That is a nice looking case. How does it feel in your pocket? It looks a little big.
    05-09-2014 04:20 PM
    For those of you who are more adventurous. I recommend the Dry Case. You can vacuum seal it and it's rated down to 100 feet.

DryCASE Waterproof Smartphone Case Waterproof Case for Smartphones DryCASE

It comes with a neck lanyard, an arm band strap and air pump. It also has a built in waterproof headphone jack if you want to get the waterproof ear buds.

For the Icon I recommend putting it in top first. That gives the camera lens the most clearance for taking underwater pics. I also recommend that if you have any kind of silicon gel type case to take the case off first. The pouch is kind of clingy and getting it in and out with a gel type is kind of awkward.

And yes. It really does work. My wife has used hers swimming.

Here's what it looks like with my Icon in it.
    Attached Thumbnails dscn7628-600x800-.jpg  
    05-09-2014 04:51 PM
    I saw the black version of the MALM FLIPCASE WWN. It looks interesting. I wish they had it in blue or cyan.

Krusell - Works with Nokia
    Did anyone get this case? Would love to hear any impressions. One thing I don't care for is the credit card holder in the inside of the front cover.
    05-10-2014 01:28 PM
    has anyone come across a bumper for the Icon? similar to the apple bumpers for the iphones....
    05-12-2014 12:20 PM
    Yesoo ultra slim. Got it on Amazon. Super cheap and it is slimmer than the Incipio Feather, which I also have. So far it is my favorite.
    I got 3 of them. @ white/clear & a gray. They work flawlessly....
    05-13-2014 04:15 AM
357 ... 910111213 ...