04-06-2015 01:26 PM
357 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    These are the 3 cases I had ordered a while back for my Icon:

PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon DualTek Extreme Shock Case - Arctic White Original 60599PG 35839 - This one doesn't seem to be on the PureGear website yet.

PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon Slim Shell Case - Clear with White Original 60508PG 35326

Nokia Lumia Icon Flexible Gel Skin Case - Clear 34964

Of them, I am only keeping the Gel Skin case. Both the DualTek and the Slim Shell make it impossible to use the camera button. Once pressed, the camera button gets stuck and endlessly continues taking pics till I adjust the case. I have been using them for a while and it doesn't look like the cases will stretch to give the button some room. So those two are going back.

The gel skin case works well. It is clear so the awesomeness of the Icon is unhindered. The top doesn't fit snugly but at least the camera button works. I will continue looking for a more protective case.
    05-17-2014 01:37 PM
    Yeah, the PureGear slim case makes it impossible to use the camera button. I ended up cutting off the button. However, I forgot to realize that it'd still be hard to access the button because of how deeply recessed the button is with the case on. I'm stuck using the screen to take pictures.

I also don't like how the white rubber rim of the case stains easily. It's a good case because you can see my white Icon through the clear plastic. But the clear plastic scratches easily (mine is completely covered with fine scratches).

But it looks pretty good for a case. I hate most cases because they cover up the beauty of the Icon. But from a distance, people can't tell there's a case on the phone. I still take the case off when showing off the phone to people though.
    05-18-2014 06:37 AM
    onlysublime and MJ,

You may have flawed cases (or I may have the only one that's fine? ). My puregear photo button works perfectly. It was the saving grace of the 8.1. PfD wake issues. The flaw of the white staining is just the nature of rubber. Unless you wanted to clear-coat it, it will happen.
    05-19-2014 08:42 AM
    So question I think I need a case for my icon. Heres the thing I hate cases....90 percent of them are just ugly the phones usually look so much better naked, but I do drop my phone from time to time so it probably necessary.

so Im looking for an either or..something ultra low profile but can still protect the phone even if its dropped on the screen and black white or clear...

Or...just a case that really nice looking..something with a nice design or something like that.

something like these guys maybe
    Style That Fits | Head Case Designs

Unfortunately they don't make cases for the icon....at least not yet...they do have them for the 928 so maybe there is hope.
    05-21-2014 04:07 PM
    Just ordered this one. I happened to get the same case for my kids' iPad minis and its awesome. For ~$7, how can you go wrong?

Amazon.com: MYBAT Nokia Lumia 929 Hybrid Car Dual Layer Hard Gel Protector Cover With Stand - White Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    05-21-2014 11:27 PM
    05-22-2014 12:38 AM
    onlysublime and MJ,

You may have flawed cases (or I may have the only one that's fine? ). My puregear photo button works perfectly. It was the saving grace of the 8.1. PfD wake issues. The flaw of the white staining is just the nature of rubber. Unless you wanted to clear-coat it, it will happen.
    Mine works fine as well. At first it was a tight fit and really hard to get off but after a few times it loosened up and works great.
    I got the black version of rubber. I didn't know there was a white version. Probably a good thing I didn't.
    05-22-2014 09:04 AM
    So how about a crystal clear TPU case for the icon? all I can find are frosted one???
    LumiaIcon likes this.
    05-24-2014 10:17 AM
    06-10-2014 12:51 PM
    I just got the Imak clear case I ordered from eBay. It fits nicely and isn't bulky. I like being able to still see the phone through the case. I also have an Incipio Feather in cyan on order. I'll have to see which one I like best.
    06-11-2014 05:41 PM
    I saw the black version of the MALM FLIPCASE WWN. It looks interesting. I wish they had it in blue or cyan.

Krusell - Works with Nokia
    I checked it out at the Microsoft store. The fit and finish were sub par. When I put my Icon in the display model, the openings for the buttons looked sloppy. It kinda looked like somebody wearing pants that are slightly two small, where you can see the front pockets stick out a little. The buttons were accessible, it just didn't look good.
    06-27-2014 02:15 AM
    Nokia Lumia ICON 929 Pure Gear Clear Oem Case Hard Shell Black 60524PG 351100496522
    Got it off eBay, its rubberized along the edges and above the glass so it never touches a surface. Kinda the same design I got for my 928 by poetic.
    Collin Leverette likes this.
    06-27-2014 03:34 PM
    Will this cover camera and speakers/mics?
    Lumia Icon case | Defender Series case by OtterBox
    i need for the beach..
    You could Dry Case. It completely covers the phone and is waterproof down to 100ft.

http://www.drycase.com
    06-29-2014 11:38 AM
    Otterbox Defender
    06-29-2014 10:50 PM
    Having just moved from a Blackberry to a Nokia Icon, I am looking for a simple leather holster for the Icon preferably a vertical leather pouch with a belt clip. I got a Puregear holster which is ok - but I would like something simpler. Any suggestions?
    07-29-2014 10:02 PM
    Anybody know when that flip case for the Icon is coming? The one with the weird name that WPCentral reviewed? I'd love to get that but can't find any info on it.
    07-29-2014 10:12 PM
    Having just moved from a Blackberry to a Nokia Icon, I am looking for a simple leather holster for the Icon preferably a vertical leather pouch with a belt clip. I got a Puregear holster which is ok - but I would like something simpler. Any suggestions?
    I have an Incipio Dual Pro which works great.
    07-30-2014 12:11 AM
    Anybody know when that flip case for the Icon is coming? The one with the weird name that WPCentral reviewed? I'd love to get that but can't find any info on it.
    Is this the one you are talking about/

Nokia CP-637 flip case for the Lumia Icon and Lumia 930 hands on | Windows Phone Central
    07-30-2014 12:14 AM
    07-30-2014 08:42 AM
    It's already available for purchase.

Accessory Finder - Expansys USA
    07-30-2014 08:42 AM
    Trust me when I say the Incipio Dual Pro is the best case ever for this phone. I went to Verizon and the person was nice enough to let me try on all the phone cases. This one was hands down the best fit, size and look. It feels incredible with the smooth matte coating (I have black case with Black lumia myself). Not only that but it truly fits snug and provides that perfect lip just over the screen so when you set phone face down it does not get scratched. It also looks awesome and really makes the phone look "premium". Here is the link below.

DualPro | Incipio
    07-30-2014 09:05 AM
    Nokia Lumia ICON 929 Pure Gear Clear Oem Case Hard Shell Black 60524PG 351100496522
    Got it off eBay, its rubberized along the edges and above the glass so it never touches a surface. Kinda the same design I got for my 928 by poetic.
    I have this case as well. Its the best casei found for me.
    07-30-2014 02:47 PM
    Trust me when I say the Incipio Dual Pro is the best case ever for this phone. I went to Verizon and the person was nice enough to let me try on all the phone cases. This one was hands down the best fit, size and look. It feels incredible with the smooth matte coating (I have black case with Black lumia myself). Not only that but it truly fits snug and provides that perfect lip just over the screen so when you set phone face down it does not get scratched. It also looks awesome and really makes the phone look "premium". Here is the link below.

DualPro | Incipio
    Yes. I have the cyan/gray version on a white Icon. I can't put a boring case on a snazzy phone... it just ain't right.
    07-30-2014 05:54 PM
    I got this from Verizon, it has no brand name and has a fixed clip that holds the phone horizontally. I just use it when putting the phone in a pack, ect. to keep it from getting banged-up.
    wp_20140730_21_24_36_pro.jpg
    07-30-2014 11:32 PM
    I got this from Verizon, it has no brand name and has a fixed clip that holds the phone horizontally. I just use it when putting the phone in a pack, ect. to keep it from getting banged-up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140730_21_24_36_Pro.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	74230
    I checked out that case at Verizon last week, it's ok for what you described (as protection) but it's too big for the Icon. Too long. A holster case like this needs to be snug since it will relax over time.
    08-02-2014 12:38 PM
357 ... 1011121314 ...