Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I received the Incipio DualPro case today in black. Yuck, I hate this "soft touch" material they are using. It's going back for a refund. I really hope someone comes out with a nice case for the Icon, so far I haven't found anything I like. Obliq makes awesome cases, their Xtream Pro Case is my favorite (no slimy feeling) , but I suspect that the Icon isn't mainstream enough for them.
Never heard of them. Some of the designs look OK but I have a huge issue with companies claiming to be legit on the internet that cannot even provide an address, let alone state in which they reside.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Legit? They are sold on Amazon and I have the Obliq Xtream Pro case on my iPhone 5S right now. It's fantastic. My point was that I hope some other case manufacturers start making them for our new Icon. Right now Incipio and Otterbox are only major companies making them for the Icon.

robertc88

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Legit? They are sold on Amazon and I have the Obliq Xtream Pro case on my iPhone 5S right now. It's fantastic. My point was that I hope some other case manufacturers start making them for our new Icon. Right now Incipio and Otterbox are only major companies making them for the Icon.

When I do a search on Amazon for Nokia Icon cases, I don't see much other than the companies you have listed. Verizon wanted $49.99 for a case, car charger and screen protector. I kindly declined. :)

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

So just because things are on Amazon, I haven't checked in this instance, it is 100% a solid business? No fraud ever happens on Amazon? Legitimate businesses usually disclose a physical address in the states, whether it be a warehouse or retail store. This company might be for real, all I am saying is never heard of them and it troubles me they cannot provide an address on their own website as to where they conduct business. I do agree that I hope more companies start making cases to get more variety.

Last edited:

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
​Is the screen covered? Hard to tell by the pic. Also, what's that flap on the back? Upper right? Looks like something to pull it off by?

No the screen is not covered. I wouldn't want to cover this beautiful Gorilla Glass 3 screen! The flap is some kind of decoration. You can hardly see it on the black phone.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased the same case but saw better pictures of it from the manufactures webpage. Hoping i'll get it next week but not sure it will fit in my belt holster. The icon barely fits in the holster I have now. Can you post some pictures of the case on your phone.

Badgerbrown

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Berty, any news on this one yet? I've seen it on Amazon and thought about it but wasn't sure... Just curious!

And I ended up jumping on this bad boy for my case. Just ordered it a second ago.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WL36+qTdL.jpg
Amazon.com: Minisuit Rugged Hybrid Kickstand Case for Nokia Lumia 929 (Icon, for Verizon): Cell Phones & Accessories

Seems durable, protective, and most of all cheap! Will let you guys know how it goes!

Looking at the feather as well, might pick that one up too!

Badgerbrown

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Incipio is a very legit company. I've had some of their products before and for the most part they are okay. They are based out of So Cal.
Incipio Technologies, Inc.
6001 Oak Canyon
Irvine, CA 92618
About Us

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone found any new cases for the Icon that haven't already been discussed in this thread? So far I am not loving anything available so far.

Badgerbrown

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Got an Otterbox Defender in the mail yesterday (my phone comes in on Monday). I was a bit disappointed with the case after thoroughly inspecting it. Here are my thoughts:
Pros: It's a good looking case on the outside.
Cons: It only comes in one color (the black looks good an all, but some variety would be great)
It is difficult to open the case to insert/retrieve the phone (although I have figured out that if you use your thumb on one of the arrows and forefinger on it's counterpart, a gentle press will help it open)
The inner plastic case seems very flimsy and I see it breaking fairly easily after a bit of use.
The buttons feel very stiff, now I'll admit I didn't give it a fair shake because I didn't have the phone to fully try out the buttons on it

Overall: Looks good, but I don't see this case lasting long in my hands. It got packed up this morning and is in the mail for a return. Not sure what I'll go with, but it won't be the Defender.

Note: I have had several Otterboxes on my phones before and they were all much tougher and better constructed than this model.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I've never had an incipio case before, but have certainly heard of them and being on various forums alot and lots of people saying their satisfied with their products is really all I need to make a purchase with some confidence.
Saying this I decided to try the Dual pro for my icon. If it's not what I expected I can always send it back as I've heard they have a good return policy as well. All this confidence and no street address.
I've seen a defender and think it to be massive overkill, making the icon look to big also. A commuter case would have been a good choice, but nothing up yet. I wonder if Otterbox has a street address? I never even thought to check, but I have bought some commuters over the years for various phones and they never let me down yet.

CommieCOZY

May 31, 2011
Visit site
So just because things are on Amazon, I haven't checked in this instance, it is 100% a solid business? No fraud ever happens on Amazon? Legitimate businesses usually disclose a physical address in the states, whether it be a warehouse or retail store. This company might be for real, all I am saying is never heard of them and it troubles me they cannot provide an address on their own website as to where they conduct business. I do agree that I hope more companies start making cases to get more variety.

Obliq appears to be a branding for cases made by Casemachine Industries (5797 NW 151st Street Miami Lakes, FL33014).

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Obliq appears to be a branding for cases made by Casemachine Industries (5797 NW 151st Street Miami Lakes, FL33014).

Good to know. I am always leery of internet businesses that are not well known. I made the mistake once of ordering some clothing from a business that looked real online but it ended up being a scam and luckily my bank stepped up after I went through the process of providing proof that I contacted the police - nothing they could do as was online and contacted attorney general's office to file complaint.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a clear TPU case that's made of good quality. Like the android ones made by cruzerlite. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got this one in the mail today from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2387712
At $6 it was worth a try. It is Incipo feather look alike but in the color I wanted clear or semi clear. The one I got is called Frosted Case Anti-Scratch Matte Premium Translucent Cover (White). It looks & feels great on the phone. Clear enough to still see the white Icon, not slippery at all. I'll buy a few more in various colors & a extra clear one in case of a drop. As with the Incipo cases it will most likely crack after saving the aluminum ring from damage, but @ $6 why not?

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got this one in the mail today from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2387742
At $6 it was worth a try. It is Incipo feather look alike but in the color I wanted clear or semi clear. The one I got is called Frosted Case Anti-Scratch Matte Premium Translucent Cover (White). It looks & feels great on the phone. Clear enough to still see the white Icon, not slippery at all. I'll buy a few more in various colors & a extra clear one in case of a drop. As with the Incipo cases it will most likely crack after saving the aluminum ring from damage, but @ $6 why not?

I may try that one out but I was looking for something that covers it completely

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I got the MiniSuit Rugged. Some pics if anybody is interested. For such a low price, it seems very sturdy, will definitely protect the phone from a fall, very trippy (no possible way it could slide out of your hands), and doesn't add too much thickness. Plus it has a kickstand.

WP_20140228_002.jpg
WP_20140228_003.jpg
WP_20140228_004.jpg
WP_20140228_005.jpg
WP_20140228_006.jpg

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.