04-06-2015 01:26 PM
357 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Just ordered the quicksand in black. Looks good. Price is right.
    03-18-2014 07:15 PM
    I constantly see people dogging the Minisuit for it's "tire tread" look and how it covers up a beautiful phone. In it's defense, it leaves the screen, which is this phone's best physical feature, completely uncovered. It looks great on the phone, feels good in the hand, and has great features for the price of 5 whole dollars. That being said, don't knock it until you try it.
    03-18-2014 08:55 PM
    First I got an Engive Quicksand case (Amazon.com: EnGive 2014 New Quicksand Hard Matte Skin Case for Verzion Nokia Lumia 929 Icon (Grey): Cell Phones & Accessories), and it was a good case but I just couldn't get over the "fine sand" feel of the case. It's going back to Amazon.

Right now, I've got two cases in transit. One's the Incipio Feather case (black), and the other one is the clear frosted Evacase that Donebrasko has screenshots of. I tried out the Incipio case at a Microsoft Store and i like the feel - just wish they had it in white to go with my white Icon. The clear case was too cheap to pass up, even with $3 in shipping.

-AJ
    Yeah I love that case. I have been stopped several times about how nice the icon looks. You cant do that with a case that hides it's beauty

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    03-18-2014 09:35 PM
    If this is TPU, then does it grip too much in pockets and make it tough to take out?
    I haven't had any problems taking the phone out of my pocket

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    03-18-2014 09:38 PM
    Attachment 59827Attachment 59828Attachment 59829

When I thought I would ge the white ICON I thought this would look good on it. Didn't want to wait for the order through wirefly so got the black in town. I think the blue looks good on it too but not as much as it would have looked on the white. What do you think? The camera button is a little awkward to get to.
    I have the white & it looks great, Also bought the gray & an additional white one a week after receiving the 1st white one I liked it so much. will post pics of the white soon.
    03-18-2014 10:35 PM
    I just ordered the same case in red. Looks good. Hope I like it.
    I just received the case and your right it's a winner for me. Nice case better than the otterbox defender.
    03-19-2014 02:49 AM
    This may be a long shot, but has anyone seen the DualPro in stores? Verizon or BestBuy didn't carry it. Maybe target? Currently not available for Prime and trying to get one quickly.
    03-19-2014 08:37 AM
    I just ordered the $9.99 frosted Evacase. Gonna give it a try. :)
    03-19-2014 08:41 AM
    I got the silicone case VZW sells. At $20 it's not thrifty, but I like it. It actually gives you such good control of the device it makes it seem thinner and lighter. It's also very minimalist, but does come up over the sides so you can lay it face down with no worries.

Combine this with the Skinomi and you get as close to naked as this phone should be. I felt like it was too slippery with nothing on it.
    03-19-2014 08:51 PM
    This may be a long shot, but has anyone seen the DualPro in stores? Verizon or BestBuy didn't carry it. Maybe target? Currently not available for Prime and trying to get one quickly.
    Microsoft Store carries them
    03-20-2014 06:04 AM
    I went through Amazon and didn't use Prime at all and still came fairly quick. I think I received mine maybe 3-4 days after initial order FWIW.
    03-20-2014 11:37 AM
    I constantly see people dogging the Minisuit for it's "tire tread" look and how it covers up a beautiful phone. In it's defense, it leaves the screen, which is this phone's best physical feature, completely uncovered. It looks great on the phone, feels good in the hand, and has great features for the price of 5 whole dollars. That being said, don't knock it until you try it.
    I bought the Minisuit as a stop-gap case but I love the look so much, it's the one I'm going with.
    Badgerbrown likes this.
    03-20-2014 04:30 PM
    Just ordered the quicksand in black. Looks good. Price is right.
    Mine just came today and I love it. Nice and thin and the texture is awesome!
    cbreze likes this.
    03-20-2014 05:01 PM
    Mine just came today and I love it. Nice and thin and the texture is awesome!
    ​got it today. Great case! Really like the rough texture, just enough rough, not to much. Doesn't slide around at all. Really enhances the look of the icon. Glad no more slippery sides. Quite satisfied.
    03-21-2014 11:22 PM
    Can anyone comment on how much dust/lint the silicone on Incipio Dual Pro attracts?
    03-25-2014 10:11 AM
    Can anyone comment on how much dust/lint the silicone on Incipio Dual Pro attracts?
    Dust/lint not much on the gray silicone part of it. But the white outer part of mine has dirty corners and I need a new case. Just not sure what I wanna go with at this point.
    anon5954042 likes this.
    03-25-2014 10:30 AM
    I bought this case and ended up sending it back the next day. It does attract lint, but the bigger issue I had was the flimsy top strip that's part of the softer inner shell cover. It would constantly pull away from the top every time I took it out of pocket. Otterbox commuter makes their tops encased in the hard plastic outer shell. Better protection this way and a much more professional look. I wish otterbox would come out with the commuter model for this phone. I'm currently ujsing the "quicksand" case, hoping for an OB commuter maybe out later.
    anon5954042 likes this.
    03-25-2014 11:16 AM
    Thanks for the answers guys.
    03-25-2014 01:21 PM
    Do any of these cases affect the video recording? I like to go naked with my phones, but would like to have a case to carry it around in during the festival season.
    03-26-2014 10:35 AM
    I have gotten used to my Otterbox and feel a whole lot better about it now. Thanks to ObviouslyLost's suggestions of using a card to take apart the case, it has been relatively easy to clean every few days. My phone has already had a few nasty drops and it's great to know that the phone itself is ok at these moments.
    03-26-2014 12:06 PM
    I just ordered the Cyan dualpro case on a whim. First thing i ever ordered in cyan lol.
    03-26-2014 07:48 PM
    Been a huge fan of Incipio cases, so I got the cyan feather case for my Icon. Not sure if I'll leave it on... the Icon is just far too sexy without it.
    03-26-2014 09:32 PM
    Been a huge fan of Incipio cases, so I got the cyan feather case for my Icon. Not sure if I'll leave it on... the Icon is just far too sexy without it.
    I still haven't gotten a case for my icon because it does look great. I dropped it twice. Both times were about 2.5 feet high. It received a little dent, but the screen is still scratch free. Its amazing how the white stays clean as well.

Incipios are my choice for cases.
    03-27-2014 01:25 AM
    I am finally happy with a case. Its clear so you can see the metal trim and it protects the entire body of the phone while staying very slim:

Amazon.com: Evecase Slim Fit TPU Cover Case for Nokia Lumia Icon (929) - Frosted Clear (Verizon Version Compatible): Cell Phones & Accessories
    OMG! It's $1.95!!!

I was going to get the PureGear after reading this thread but at that price, I might as well get this case as well. $2 is less than a Starbucks drink. If it turns out bad, I'll just dig out the change from the couch to replace the spent money...

Anyone know of any good cases with a door/id that covers the front? My friends who have the Note 3 all have that flap that goes over the front face.

ef-wn900bvegww-34917-0.jpg

At first I thought I wouldn't want that extra flap but they all have it and it's kind of stylish. And then I was in the Microsoft store and the employee had a similar setup going for his Icon. I should've asked him where he got his case but forgot to ask before I left. Curious if anyone knows of a similar case.
    03-27-2014 03:11 AM
    Do any of these cases affect the video recording? I like to go naked with my phones, but would like to have a case to carry it around in during the festival season.
    yeah, I'm curious about this too and wondering if there's enough room for the mic holes. video recording is huge for me.
    03-27-2014 03:14 AM
357 ... 678910 ...