04-06-2015 01:26 PM
357 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Anybody know if any of these will allow wireless charging while in the case?
    The case won't impact wireless charging, unless it's over 1 1/2 inches thick or has a significant amount of ferrous metal in it. The charging plate/pad doesn't actually produce electricity. It produces a magnetic field that interacts with a set of coils in the phone, which then induces an electrical current to charge the battery.
    03-27-2014 02:47 PM
    yeah, I'm curious about this too and wondering if there's enough room for the mic holes. video recording is huge for me.
    I have the Incipio Dual Pro (cyan/gray) and it doesn't seem to affect audio recording. I recorded this video yesterday.

broughshane and MobileVortex like this.
    03-27-2014 02:53 PM
    Day one with the Incipio Feather and I'm liking it, as always. It's nice and smooth and a very vibrant blue; bulk is minimal.
    03-27-2014 03:44 PM
    I have the Incipio Dual Pro (cyan/gray) and it doesn't seem to affect audio recording. I recorded this video yesterday.

awesome, thats the case i just ordered. If you get a chance id love to see a pic of your phone in the case :)
    03-27-2014 04:34 PM
    Does anyone have any recommendations on a hip case or a leather pouch that has a belt clip that would work with say an Incipio Feather Case or a TPU case?
    03-27-2014 04:45 PM
    Does anyone have any recommendations on a hip case or a leather pouch that has a belt clip that would work with say an Incipio Feather Case or a TPU case?
    Yes, I'm using a belt clip and love it. I have the Incipio Dual Pro case on my Icon.
    I found this case at Best Buy, the Mophie Hip Holster, model 7500:
    http://www.amazon.com/mophie-Leather...pUvbUpU2420666
    mophie Hip Holster 7500 BeltClip Case for Apple iPhone 5 Black 40515BCW - Best Buy
    The Incipio Dual Pro case fits JUST right!
    This case rocks! It's solid, high-quality leather, magnet closure, plastic ratchet clip, and will certainly fit the 929/Icon without any problems. And it's very professional-looking! The ratchet goes 360 degrees too.

I have a full review in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...endations.html
    03-28-2014 10:22 AM
    awesome, thats the case i just ordered. If you get a chance id love to see a pic of your phone in the case :)
    Here you go. Please excuse the image quality. I had to use my wife's (inferior) GS3 to take the pics.

And yes, I changed my theme to match the case.
    Attached Thumbnails 20140328_062311.jpg   20140328_062317.jpg   20140328_062322.jpg   20140328_062326.jpg   20140328_062335.jpg  

A895 and MobileVortex like this.
    03-28-2014 03:20 PM
    Thanks for the pics, that looks pretty sharp. Should have mine early next week. :)
    03-29-2014 09:48 AM
    Thx. I absolutely refused to put a nice looking phone in a boring case.
    AngrySprintUser and NDCowpoke like this.
    03-29-2014 05:55 PM
    I picked up the Incipio Feather Case (Grey) when I picked up the phone. It has been great for the last month. I recently ordered the black Feather Case and the case is matte and feels like soft-touch compared to the satin finish on the grey case. Both are excellent.

Coming from a BlackBerry, I missed my holster, so after doing a bit of research, I ordered the holster for the BB Z30 and it fits like a glove. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with a feather case on the Icon. I'm currently working on a solution for that and I'll post up if I have any success.

~Ex
    03-31-2014 12:45 PM
    I picked up the Incipio Feather Case (Grey) when I picked up the phone. It has been great for the last month. I recently ordered the black Feather Case and the case is matte and feels like soft-touch compared to the satin finish on the grey case. Both are excellent.

Coming from a BlackBerry, I missed my holster, so after doing a bit of research, I ordered the holster for the BB Z30 and it fits like a glove. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with a feather case on the Icon. I'm currently working on a solution for that and I'll post up if I have any success.

~Ex
    Try the Mophie Hip Holster 7500. I talk about it a few posts up.
    03-31-2014 05:03 PM
    The case won't impact wireless charging, unless it's over 1 1/2 inches thick or has a significant amount of ferrous metal in it. The charging plate/pad doesn't actually produce electricity. It produces a magnetic field that interacts with a set of coils in the phone, which then induces an electrical current to charge the battery.
    it most certainly will, especially if you have a cheaper charger.
    03-31-2014 07:04 PM
    Ditched the Incipio Feather the other day. This phone just doesn't look good in a case, but the main reason was because every time I would pull it out of my pocket it would come off on one side. Maybe I'll just case it when I'm in the field for work.
    03-31-2014 09:23 PM
    Try the Mophie Hip Holster 7500. I talk about it a few posts up.
    How is port access with the case/holster combo? Have any pictures of your Icon in the holster?

UPDATE: The soft touch material has worn off the corner of my Black Incipio Feather case. The device has never been dropped or scuffed and I keep it inside of a microfiber sunglasses bag 95% of the time. I have contacted Incipio about the issue. The silver case which I had used for 3+ weeks shows NO sign of wear whatsoever. Just an FYI.

~Ex
    04-01-2014 12:08 PM
    How is port access with the case/holster combo? Have any pictures of your Icon in the holster?

UPDATE: The soft touch material has worn off the corner of my Black Incipio Feather case. The device has never been dropped or scuffed and I keep it inside of a microfiber sunglasses bag 95% of the time. I have contacted Incipio about the issue. The silver case which I had used for 3+ weeks shows NO sign of wear whatsoever. Just an FYI.

~Ex
    ...Why?
    04-01-2014 01:14 PM
    I have no port access once it's in the holster. I don't have a photo with it in it. It does cover the phone over completely though
    04-01-2014 04:12 PM
    I constantly see people dogging the Minisuit for it's "tire tread" look and how it covers up a beautiful phone. In it's defense, it leaves the screen, which is this phone's best physical feature, completely uncovered. It looks great on the phone, feels good in the hand, and has great features for the price of 5 whole dollars. That being said, don't knock it until you try it.
    Can't we get a dislike voting button on this forum. I told you this would happen 3 weeks ago. That dumb case would look better on my Subaru Forester than on any phone.
    04-01-2014 11:02 PM
    it most certainly will, especially if you have a cheaper charger.
    True. But any cheap charger (wireless or otherwise) will cause charging problems. I use the Nokia DT-900 charging plate (downstairs) and the DT-910 charging stand (on my night stand), and haven't had any issues.
    04-02-2014 12:43 AM
    ...Why?
    Lots of reasons: it keeps the dust/lint off of the device, it is great to keep it in my pocket that way and it keeps the screen protected, it fits perfectly and works as a screen/lens cleaner, it is thin enough that I can Qi charge through it, it can be laundered so it is always clean. Same reason people keep their sunglasses in the little bags I'd wager. And I have a few laying around, so why not? I keep my ZuneHD in an old iPod sock too, and the device looks new after 2+ years of use.

~Ex
    04-02-2014 11:45 AM
    Alright, picked up the Puregear case after seeing it in this thread...

It's this one:

PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon Slim Shell Case - Clear with White Original OEM 60508PG

Anyone having problems using the camera shutter button with the case on? Every time I go to take a picture, it takes like 3-10 pictures. It's so annoying. It's not in bracketing mode or anything. It just has a hard time allowing the button to go back to the normal position. I'm basically having to use the tap the screen method to take a picture now. I'm thinking of cutting out the button overlays so I have free access to the buttons.

I didn't realize how snug the case is either. I practically bent my phone into the letter C before I extracted it from the case.
    04-02-2014 10:02 PM
    Is there a screen protector that people recommend more than others? I've heard skinomi is a good one.
    04-02-2014 10:26 PM
    Can't we get a dislike voting button on this forum. I told you this would happen 3 weeks ago. That dumb case would look better on my Subaru Forester than on any phone.
    i know, really. because i would dislike your post first.
    04-03-2014 08:07 AM
    ALways been a Carbon Fiber skin fan. In keeping with that I ordered this on AMazon. For some reason I cant upload the picture.
    Last edited by bulls96; 04-03-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    04-03-2014 09:12 AM
    Is there a screen protector that people recommend more than others? I've heard skinomi is a good one.
    Skinomi is probably the best, if not the best IMO. If I didn't have my otterbox case, I'd definitely have a skinomi screen protector.
    04-03-2014 11:36 AM
    OMG! It's $1.95!!!

I was going to get the PureGear after reading this thread but at that price, I might as well get this case as well. $2 is less than a Starbucks drink. If it turns out bad, I'll just dig out the change from the couch to replace the spent money...

Anyone know of any good cases with a door/id that covers the front? My friends who have the Note 3 all have that flap that goes over the front face.

Attachment 60617

At first I thought I wouldn't want that extra flap but they all have it and it's kind of stylish. And then I was in the Microsoft store and the employee had a similar setup going for his Icon. I should've asked him where he got his case but forgot to ask before I left. Curious if anyone knows of a similar case.
    ​I am looking for the same kind of case. Ideal would be material that matches my Surface's touch keyboard :)
    04-03-2014 07:59 PM
357 ... 7891011 ...