Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I ordered and received the Incipio feather case for my Icon today. I am not loving the case and it will probably go back. I don't like the soft touch material and how high above the screen the sides protrude. I am thinking that I will keep my Icon naked for now until something better comes along.

I got the Incipio feather as well, but I really like it. It barely.....just barely rises above the screen. I like it because it's very "minimalist". I also like the added grip.....and color.

Oh...and it wireless charges just fine.

ObviouslyLost

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have 2 cases for my Icon.
I have this one Amazon.com: Trident Case Cyclops Series Case for Nokia Lumia 929 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
and the Incipio feather.

I bought the trident because I'm terrified that I will drop the phone and break it. I do have insurance on it, but I'm still worried bout dropping it. My problem with the trident case and the otterbox that VZW let me try is that at the top and bottom of the screen, the built in screen protector doesnt make contact with the screen. You can press it down, but it just rises back up off the screen. I assume it's because of the slight curve of the glass. I'm unsure of which to use going forward, because the built in screen protector not fitting on the trident is driving me nuts, but I'm afraid that the feather wont provide enough protection. I've never broken a smartphone before, despite owning several, but I'd hate for this to be the first one. Anyone have any advice? -_-

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the dualpro in Black. It's solid....had one on my Trophy and it kept it perfect. Had a "featherlight" from incipio on my 928 and it sucked. If you drop it, prepare for it to pop off and fly across the parking lot.

The dualpro is a little bulky, but the phone is a work of art, so gotta protect it! NOT bulky like an otterbox though.

I had the Feather for my 928 and dropped it, too often. It never popped off - it was perfect for me. MY concern for the Icon was that since there is a slight bow in the screen, the rather did not have enough of a lip to absorb the shock. It seemed to work fine on my 928. I definitely prefer the Feather, to the DualPro, which is what I have on my Icon now.

Do those with the Feather ion the Icon feel there is enough of a lip to stop the screen from catching the brunt of a face-down drop?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
And I ended up jumping on this bad boy for my case. Just ordered it a second ago.

51WL36%2BqTdL.jpg

Amazon.com: Minisuit Rugged Hybrid Kickstand Case for Nokia Lumia 929 (Icon, for Verizon): Cell Phones & Accessories

Seems durable, protective, and most of all cheap! Will let you guys know how it goes!

Looking at the feather as well, might pick that one up too!

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
As much as I like mine naked, I too will probably get a case. It drives me crazy too because I don't want to lay it face down because it rests on its screen (I don't like protectors). And on the back the camera lens is almost flush with the poly carbonate back so it too will eventually get scratches. It's too bad because my white icon looks fantastic with the aluminum trim.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Was thinking about getting an otterbox commuter case because of my concern of the flush screen/camera lens getting scratched. Had commuters before and really like the solid look. Looking at the icon tho I'm wondering if a commuter would even work. The top and bottom edges don't have much room to spare for the case coverage. I don't know, but it could be the reason why otterbox has only come out with the defender so far. Maybe they wont be doing a commuter version. Might see if I can contact them.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't bother contacting them, because I tried myself. I went to otterbox.com and did both email and live chat, about a month ago. Both times I was blatantly lied to when I asked about Icon cases. Both responses said there were no plans for an Icon case. Then I see a Defender case released. Wtf!

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't bother contacting them, because I tried myself. I went to otterbox.com and did both email and live chat, about a month ago. Both times I was blatantly lied to when I asked about Icon cases. Both responses said there were no plans for an Icon case. Then I see a Defender case released. Wtf!
Just did a chat with a rep. He said he thought one was on the way, but iI'll take that with a grain of salt. I'll be watching their site.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Amzer pudding when I had the 1520 and the case was cheesy and didn't fit well, it was $10 wasted and I tossed it in the trash.

Chris Mooney

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I have 2 Icon phones inbound and this thread has definitely caught my eye. I'm new to the world of smartphones and want to get the case right. I like both of the options from Incipio but don't know which to go with. I think I want to get the feather for it's slimness. Should I wait for more options? and are there other case manufacturers that are going to bring out good cases in the near future? I don't think I want anything bulky (otterbox). This one caught my eye but the cheapness makes me wonder. EnGive 2014 New Quicksand Hard Matte Skin Case for Verzion Nokia Lumia 929 Icon (Blue). Not sure what to do.....

mikeyyyownz

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Incipio DualPro is basically their version of the Otterbox Commuter case. I swore by the Commuters, as they weren't as bulky as the defenders and were more than enough protection (Dropped my old phones more times than I can count).

Loving the DualPro I have. The feel of it is more premium than the Commuter plastic. I think protection wise it should be the same. No complaints here.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site

I have this case on my phone. I've used cases similar to this for almost every smartphone I've owned. great lay on the table design. as for major impact protection? I would go with a much more significant and more costly case. as for a thin for fitting case along the lines of thin silicone cases i prefer the TPU because it doesnt attract lint or stretch out nearly at all.

My experience has been good and my buttons work fine on my phone as well. but again this is from years of using similar cases and the 4 days i've had this one.

Last edited:

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably put a case on mine once the thrill of holding this beautiful phone without one has worn off. I won't be using a screen protector because I think the Gorilla Glass 3 is going to be more than enough. I went without a protector on my 8X (Gorilla Glass 2) screen and never had a scratch. I am careful not to put it in pocket with anything that could scratch it, but from what I've seen, keys and coin couldn't scratch this glass if I tried.

Back to cases.... where can I see the Dual Pro for the Icon? I too had this case on my Trophy a while back and it was solid. I looked out on their site and don't see them. Just curious to see the actual case on the Icon and colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)