Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Back to cases.... where can I see the Dual Pro for the Icon? I too had this case on my Trophy a while back and it was solid. I looked out on their site and don't see them. Just curious to see the actual case on the Icon and colors.

The Incipio site doesn't have the cases up yet, or at least it didn't last time I checked. Look on Amazon, you'll find them there.

BfnC

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably put a case on mine once the thrill of holding this beautiful phone without one has worn off. I won't be using a screen protector because I think the Gorilla Glass 3 is going to be more than enough. I went without a protector on my 8X (Gorilla Glass 2) screen and never had a scratch. I am careful not to put it in pocket with anything that could scratch it, but from what I've seen, keys and coin couldn't scratch this glass if I tried.

Back to cases.... where can I see the Dual Pro for the Icon? I too had this case on my Trophy a while back and it was solid. I looked out on their site and don't see them. Just curious to see the actual case on the Icon and colors.

I got my Dual Pro from the MS store, so if you have one locally you can try it there- they let me open, install and test with wireless charging stand before buying. However, mine is going back since the rubberized material is wearing off on corners already just from going in/out of my pocket. Guess I'll have to find another case...

sethman916

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the incipio feather case. It's pretty good. I hate cases with a passion. I don't like the bulk they add and i think they often ruin the aesthetics of the phone. That being said, I am constantly at odds with myself over using one. I change phones often. I get bored with them and they are my last bastion of keeping up with the latest tech toys since getting married and having kids. Since i change often i need to keep my devices mint to preserve resale value, so I always end up using a case anyways. I have always used the generic semi translucent tpu cases from VZ they have served well to protect the phone from the usual knicks and stuff. the feather is nice and slim, but my only major gripe is that i generally cradle the phone in my 3 middle fingers with my pinky under the bottom of the phone to keep it from sliding out of my fingers. this is the only way i can seem to reach all the screen with my thumb and I have big mitts. so the problem with the feather case is that the bottom corner by the charging port irritates my pinky a lot. kind of digs into the skin. I will be hoping for another slim option to come along soon.

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I got my Dual Pro from the MS store, so if you have one locally you can try it there- they let me open, install and test with wireless charging stand before buying. However, mine is going back since the rubberized material is wearing off on corners already just from going in/out of my pocket. Guess I'll have to find another case...

What color? I ordered a black one as all they had at the MS store was blue.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought a few different cases but love the Incipio Dual Pro case. I also broke down and bought the 'rubbery' screen protector from the Verizon store. I put my phone in a belt clip pouch (Mophie 7500 Hip Holster Case BTW), and I found that the rubbery material on the screen protector actually helps me take the phone out of the pouch! Call it a side benefit, I guess. Easy grip to take out and put back in the case....

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you received this yet? If so would you mind popping some pics up of it to see how much thickness it adds.

Unfortunately I haven't and according to the site, I'm not expected to receive it until Saturnday =(

I'll definietly take pictures of my phone with and without the case so you can compare the added bulk.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Can those of you who have cases already maybe put up some real life images to maybe help those of us on the bubble out

Garrymp

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I got the Puregear Holster Combo. If you work in the trades and need your phone close but protected this works great. I used one for two years on my Droid Razr and it held up a lot better than the Razr. I miss that case more than the phone. I was pretty happy when I found they made one for the Icon. I had it three weeks before the phone. Anyway, the "case" fits tight and perfectly protects the sides and back. When you take it out of your pocket or the holster you have the full, unobscured screen in front of you (and you know how beautiful that is). The "holster" or holder has a belt clip which I know is not cool but it works for me when I am working. The phone slips on the holder face in and totally protected. I often keep the phone in the holder even if I'm not wearing it and I can throw it around the car, chuck it in my gear bag when I gig (musician), shove it in a coat pocket or anywhere else and it's not even very bulky. Oh, it has a kick stand too that works great in landscape and portrait. Overall it's a genius design.

BfnC

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
...Zagg needs to hurry up with the invisible shield.

I've tried Zagg but prefer Skinomi protectors if you haven't tried those yet - Skinomi is cheaper but I like them more since they appear more 'invisible' and self-healing seems to be better as well

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the update

My otterbox came in two days early. I have it on now and with the trouble I ran into to take it off earlier (noticed dust under the screen after first installing it), I don't think I'll be taking it off again to take pictures. It's a real pain to take this thing off the phone, much harder than I anticipated. I will take pictures with the case on when I get home from work though.

It feels sturdy and secure, that's for sure. I have to say I'm not fond of how hard I need to push the buttons now. It definitely doesn't make the buttons easier to press. My last case for the 928 was better than this IMO. It may not have protected the phone as well as this otterbox since it was missing a screen protector, but it was good enough. That older case was easier to take off and made the buttons easier to press, not harder. Hopefully it'll get easier as I break it in.

CommieCOZY

May 31, 2011
Visit site
My otterbox came in two days early. I have it on now and with the trouble I ran into to take it off earlier (noticed dust under the screen after first installing it), I don't think I'll be taking it off again to take pictures. It's a real pain to take this thing off the phone, much harder than I anticipated. I will take pictures with the case on when I get home from work though.

It feels sturdy and secure, that's for sure. I have to say I'm not fond of how hard I need to push the buttons now. It definitely doesn't make the buttons easier to press. My last case for the 928 was better than this IMO. It may not have protected the phone as well as this otterbox since it was missing a screen protector, but it was good enough. That older case was easier to take off and made the buttons easier to press, not harder. Hopefully it'll get easier as I break it in.

Looks like that case exists for the Icon.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Looks like that case exists for the Icon.

Well isn't that just a kick in the....teeth. =p

I looked at Amazon when I first got the phone last week and didn't see it then. Since I already have the case, I'll just eat the extra cost. However anyone looking for a good and cheap case, what's linked above should work rather well. Thanks for the heads up though.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

When you do get some pics can you make sure and get some with some size relevance like a deck of cards or next to a tape measure so I can get size relevance as to how much bulk this adds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos