Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
When you do get some pics can you make sure and get some with some size relevance like a deck of cards or next to a tape measure so I can get size relevance as to how much bulk this adds.

Of course. Even though I was down on the case in my initial post, one good thing is there isn't much added bulk. I should be able to post the pictures tonight.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
When you do get some pics can you make sure and get some with some size relevance like a deck of cards or next to a tape measure so I can get size relevance as to how much bulk this adds.

Here's one picture next to a tape measure. Sorry I couldn't get more, had to use my roomate's phone and she was heading out the door. I may be able to get more tomorrow is you want, just let me know.

V__CC5B.jpg

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Here's one picture next to a tape measure. Sorry I couldn't get more, had to use my roomate's phone and she was heading out the door. I may be able to get more tomorrow is you want, just let me know.

View attachment 58273
Could you get pic with how thick the phone is with that case? With the defender series that is what I am concerned the most with as I've had a defender in the past for another phone and it turned the phone from a slim piece of beauty into a brick.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I got an Incipio DualPro (cyan/gray). It gives it protection and looks nice with minimal bulk.

When you get it in could you snap some pics with it on the phone. The only pictures I have seen online are mainly just a back shot. Trying to narrow down between Otterbox Defender, Incipio Dual Pro and Trident Cyclops.

ObviouslyLost

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Just found this, looks close to Otterbox Defender but maybe not quite as bulky. I had a Trident case on my 928 and liked it.

Cyclops Case for Nokia Lumia 929

I have this case now, but I think I'm going to send it back. I love the profile of the case, but the built in screen protector design isn't right. Since the screen is curved at the edges, it causes the built in screen protector not to make contact at the top, bottom and both sides. It is really bad at the top and if you sweat at all while using the phone, it gets under the screen protector. You then have to remove the phone from the case and clean the under side of the screen protector and your phone/screen protector on the phone if you have one. I asked Trident support via email if it was supposed to fit this way and got a vague answer and an offer to replace it. Instead I think I'm going to return it to Amazon for a refund. Other than that, it's a well built case and I would recommend if this quirk wouldn't bother you. I think I might go pick up an otterbox instead. I'd rather use it naked, but I'm terrified of breaking it. :(

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've tried Zagg but prefer Skinomi protectors if you haven't tried those yet - Skinomi is cheaper but I like them more since they appear more 'invisible' and self-healing seems to be better as well

I looked p the Skinomi. I cant use something that cheap in price. I am a firm believer of "you get what you pay" the review says that it doesnt have as much of an orange peel effect like Zagg does but I've never had an issue with orange peel effect, as in its not a turn off of some sort.

I have been using Zagg for about 4 years now and they have been perfect so if it aint broke dont fix it. But thx for the suggestion maybe some of my friends on budget would prefer this Skinomi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte