Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Sooo, I really dig the look and ruggedness of the Minisuit, and the price is sure nice, but since I have the white backing I would kinda like something that complements that, this one is only in black. Then I found this:

Amazon.com: NAKEDCELLPHONE WHITE GRENADE RUGGED TPU SKIN HARD CASE COVER STAND FOR VERIZON NOKIA LUMIA 929 ICON PHONE: Cell Phones & Accessories

Which definitely LOOKS exactly like the minisut in every detail, but has the white accents, and unfortunately is three times as much in cost. And on this listing, there is no mention of "minisuit" anywhere (knockoff?). I'd love to find it for only $5 too, anyone have any luck with that?

Badgerbrown

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Sooo, I really dig the look and ruggedness of the Minisuit, and the price is sure nice, but since I have the white backing I would kinda like something that complements that, this one is only in black. Then I found this:

Amazon.com: NAKEDCELLPHONE WHITE GRENADE RUGGED TPU SKIN HARD CASE COVER STAND FOR VERIZON NOKIA LUMIA 929 ICON PHONE: Cell Phones & Accessories

Which definitely LOOKS exactly like the minisut in every detail, but has the white accents, and unfortunately is three times as much in cost. And on this listing, there is no mention of "minisuit" anywhere (knockoff?). I'd love to find it for only $5 too, anyone have any luck with that?

They're 10 bucks or so on eBay.

Grenade Grip Rugged Skin Hard Case Cover Stand for Verizon Nokia Lumia Icon 929 | eBay

I keep wondering though, it does appear to be an exact copy of a mini-suit, so is it a knock-off, or is it a reliable product? Just wondering.

CommieCOZY

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just received this case and I have to say it is really nice. Doesn't add really any bulk and looks good. The Incipio dual pro is going back to amazon.
I got the same case except with the white frame that I had posted. Agree with you completely about how nice it is.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My main concern with that case is the phone landing on the front side. Doesn't look like it's raised enough above the bubbled glass to offer good protection.

Chris Mooney

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the pics. I ordered that case last week and can't wait to get it. Happy some of you are giving good reviews of the case. It's really the best looking case that I found in my searching...here's to it being as good of a protector as it is a looker.

CommieCOZY

May 31, 2011
Visit site
My main concern with that case is the phone landing on the front side. Doesn't look like it's raised enough above the bubbled glass to offer good protection.

The front of the case provides as much clearance for the screen as any of the other cases I've seen.

Sent using Tapatalk

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Use "off15" for a 15% discount at WirelessGround, if you do.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

I was a little leary of wirelessground when I first ordered from them looking at the internet reviews of the site, but I have given them a chance to prove me wrong. I used the code "YouTube" to get 10% off the price of my order.

JBConforti

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have an incipio feather right now. I hate using cases but since this is an edge phone and I will need to trade it in, might as well protect it. The feather fits my needs because of how thin profile it is. Can't imagine it providing much drop protection, but day to day dings should minimized when combined with a screen protector. Might pick up the dual pro when going to something like a concert. Being able to use wireless charging with a case on is nifty too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos