Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The Icon really is a much more beautiful phone in person, at least in white it is. The colors, aluminum silver band and sharp angles really makes it a joy for me to look at and handle. I did NOT want to wrap this beauty in a case, but the camera lens is practically flush with the back, and I'm not putting it face down on the screen. It is inevitable that it would get scratches so a case was needed since I don't like screen protectors.

Amazon.com : MPERO FLEX S Series Protective Case for Nokia Lumia Icon - Clear : Electronics
$8.95
Comes in red, green, black, yellow, and clear

I ordered this case, mostly because I know the quality given that my wife's 8X has had an S-line on it for almost two years and has been holding up incredibly well. And I knew that buying this case that I would have to deal with the biggest complaint (only complaint really) which is that the case makes it difficult to press the hardware buttons. You have to really press to activate your phone. But also knowing the history with my wife's 8X, give or take 6 to 8 months and the buttons become easier to press. They case just has to wear down a bit. But if you don't have ample hand strength or want simple and easy access to your buttons, avoid this case. For those of you who had a Poetic case on your 928 (awesome case btw), the effort you put in to press those hardware buttons is equal to this case with the Icon.

I couldn't be more pleased with the case. The grip is superb, it's easy to get on and off, it molded perfectly to the phone with no squishy-ness, and best of all it adds very very little to the overall size.

Some pics:

Sline Case 1.jpg Sline Case 2.jpg

Sline Case 4.jpg Sline Case 5.jpg

Sline Case 6.jpg Sline Case 7.jpg

Sline Case 8.jpg Sline Case 9.jpg

Sline Case 11.jpg Sline Case 12.jpg

I tried to get a good angle to indicate how much "lip" the case gave over the face. It's enough to protect when placing the phone face down.
Sline Case 13.jpg

Sline Case 15.jpg Sline Case 14.jpg

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My main reason for wanting a case was how slippery the back is. Most cases add a millimeter or so to the width, which is bad for me as I can barely type on the Icon as it is. So I tried this: took some clear bathroom decals and stuck them to the back of the phone. It's a sloppy job but I will do it again more carefully. Now the phone doesn't slide around, but it's no wider than before. Pretty happy.

SPRO2 - WIN_20140312_132803.JPG
SPRO2 - WIN_20140312_132808.JPG

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
My main reason for wanting a case was how slippery the back is. Most cases add a millimeter or so to the width, which is bad for me as I can barely type on the Icon as it is. So I tried this: took some clear bathroom decals and stuck them to the back of the phone. It's a sloppy job but I will do it again more carefully. Now the phone doesn't slide around, but it's no wider than before. Pretty happy.

View attachment 59419
View attachment 59420

I personally do not like. I think it would look a lot better with a case or none at all compared to this.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Not too much. It is great. And no wider than the stock phone! I'll do it again more carefully to improve the look. This was. Just a prototype

NDCowpoke

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cases for the Icon; YESOO Translucent Blue

WP_20140318_002.jpgWP_20140318_004[2].jpgWP_20140318_003.jpg

When I thought I would ge the white ICON I thought this would look good on it. Didn't want to wait for the order through wirefly so got the black in town. I think the blue looks good on it too but not as much as it would have looked on the white. What do you think? The camera button is a little awkward to get to.

Last edited:

NDCowpoke

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cases for the Icon; Evercase Clear sides, frosted back

WP_20140318_005.jpgWP_20140318_006.jpg

More protection than the YESOO for the screen, but pretty bland looking, it's going back to amazon

Last edited:

viperRBNY

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
You should get at least 100,000 miles for all that tread, great for a 4 wheeler, pretty silly looking on a beautifully designed phone.

I'm not going to lie, I though it was dammed ugly when I looked at it on ebay. I got it because I needed something quick and I didn't have the $30 for an Incipio. But after I got it, I changed my mind on this one. Hands on, I love the look. Two layer design and a kickstand as well. It's not for everyone, but (just like Windows Phone), it's for me. ;)

ajansari

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
First I got an Engive Quicksand case (Amazon.com: EnGive 2014 New Quicksand Hard Matte Skin Case for Verzion Nokia Lumia 929 Icon (Grey): Cell Phones & Accessories), and it was a good case but I just couldn't get over the "fine sand" feel of the case. It's going back to Amazon.

Right now, I've got two cases in transit. One's the Incipio Feather case (black), and the other one is the clear frosted Evacase that Donebrasko has screenshots of. I tried out the Incipio case at a Microsoft Store and i like the feel - just wish they had it in white to go with my white Icon. The clear case was too cheap to pass up, even with $3 in shipping.

-AJ

Badgerbrown

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I constantly see people dogging the Minisuit for it's "tire tread" look and how it covers up a beautiful phone. In it's defense, it leaves the screen, which is this phone's best physical feature, completely uncovered. It looks great on the phone, feels good in the hand, and has great features for the price of 5 whole dollars. That being said, don't knock it until you try it.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
First I got an Engive Quicksand case (Amazon.com: EnGive 2014 New Quicksand Hard Matte Skin Case for Verzion Nokia Lumia 929 Icon (Grey): Cell Phones & Accessories), and it was a good case but I just couldn't get over the "fine sand" feel of the case. It's going back to Amazon.

Right now, I've got two cases in transit. One's the Incipio Feather case (black), and the other one is the clear frosted Evacase that Donebrasko has screenshots of. I tried out the Incipio case at a Microsoft Store and i like the feel - just wish they had it in white to go with my white Icon. The clear case was too cheap to pass up, even with $3 in shipping.

-AJ

Yeah I love that case. I have been stopped several times about how nice the icon looks. You cant do that with a case that hides it's beauty

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cases for the Icon; YESOO Translucent Blue

View attachment 59827View attachment 59828View attachment 59829

When I thought I would ge the white ICON I thought this would look good on it. Didn't want to wait for the order through wirefly so got the black in town. I think the blue looks good on it too but not as much as it would have looked on the white. What do you think? The camera button is a little awkward to get to.

I have the white & it looks great, Also bought the gray & an additional white one a week after receiving the 1st white one I liked it so much. will post pics of the white soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa