Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

cv7713

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
This may be a long shot, but has anyone seen the DualPro in stores? Verizon or BestBuy didn't carry it. Maybe target? Currently not available for Prime and trying to get one quickly.

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the silicone case VZW sells. At $20 it's not thrifty, but I like it. It actually gives you such good control of the device it makes it seem thinner and lighter. It's also very minimalist, but does come up over the sides so you can lay it face down with no worries.

Combine this with the Skinomi and you get as close to naked as this phone should be. I felt like it was too slippery with nothing on it.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
This may be a long shot, but has anyone seen the DualPro in stores? Verizon or BestBuy didn't carry it. Maybe target? Currently not available for Prime and trying to get one quickly.

I went through Amazon and didn't use Prime at all and still came fairly quick. I think I received mine maybe 3-4 days after initial order FWIW.

viperRBNY

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I constantly see people dogging the Minisuit for it's "tire tread" look and how it covers up a beautiful phone. In it's defense, it leaves the screen, which is this phone's best physical feature, completely uncovered. It looks great on the phone, feels good in the hand, and has great features for the price of 5 whole dollars. That being said, don't knock it until you try it.

I bought the Minisuit as a stop-gap case but I love the look so much, it's the one I'm going with.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine just came today and I love it. Nice and thin and the texture is awesome!
​got it today. Great case! Really like the rough texture, just enough rough, not to much. Doesn't slide around at all. Really enhances the look of the icon. Glad no more slippery sides. Quite satisfied.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone comment on how much dust/lint the silicone on Incipio Dual Pro attracts?
I bought this case and ended up sending it back the next day. It does attract lint, but the bigger issue I had was the flimsy top strip that's part of the softer inner shell cover. It would constantly pull away from the top every time I took it out of pocket. Otterbox commuter makes their tops encased in the hard plastic outer shell. Better protection this way and a much more professional look. I wish otterbox would come out with the commuter model for this phone. I'm currently ujsing the "quicksand" case, hoping for an OB commuter maybe out later.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Do any of these cases affect the video recording? I like to go naked with my phones, but would like to have a case to carry it around in during the festival season.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have gotten used to my Otterbox and feel a whole lot better about it now. Thanks to ObviouslyLost's suggestions of using a card to take apart the case, it has been relatively easy to clean every few days. My phone has already had a few nasty drops and it's great to know that the phone itself is ok at these moments.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Been a huge fan of Incipio cases, so I got the cyan feather case for my Icon. Not sure if I'll leave it on... the Icon is just far too sexy without it.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Been a huge fan of Incipio cases, so I got the cyan feather case for my Icon. Not sure if I'll leave it on... the Icon is just far too sexy without it.

I still haven't gotten a case for my icon because it does look great. I dropped it twice. Both times were about 2.5 feet high. It received a little dent, but the screen is still scratch free. Its amazing how the white stays clean as well.

Incipios are my choice for cases.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I am finally happy with a case. Its clear so you can see the metal trim and it protects the entire body of the phone while staying very slim:

Amazon.com: Evecase Slim Fit TPU Cover Case for Nokia Lumia Icon (929) - Frosted Clear (Verizon Version Compatible): Cell Phones & Accessories

OMG! It's $1.95!!!

I was going to get the PureGear after reading this thread but at that price, I might as well get this case as well. $2 is less than a Starbucks drink. If it turns out bad, I'll just dig out the change from the couch to replace the spent money...

Anyone know of any good cases with a door/id that covers the front? My friends who have the Note 3 all have that flap that goes over the front face.

EF-WN900BVEGWW-34917-0.jpg

At first I thought I wouldn't want that extra flap but they all have it and it's kind of stylish. And then I was in the Microsoft store and the employee had a similar setup going for his Icon. I should've asked him where he got his case but forgot to ask before I left. Curious if anyone knows of a similar case.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Do any of these cases affect the video recording? I like to go naked with my phones, but would like to have a case to carry it around in during the festival season.

yeah, I'm curious about this too and wondering if there's enough room for the mic holes. video recording is huge for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss