Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know if any of these will allow wireless charging while in the case?

The case won't impact wireless charging, unless it's over 1 1/2 inches thick or has a significant amount of ferrous metal in it. The charging plate/pad doesn't actually produce electricity. It produces a magnetic field that interacts with a set of coils in the phone, which then induces an electrical current to charge the battery.

anon5954042

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations on a hip case or a leather pouch that has a belt clip that would work with say an Incipio Feather Case or a TPU case?

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations on a hip case or a leather pouch that has a belt clip that would work with say an Incipio Feather Case or a TPU case?
Yes, I'm using a belt clip and love it. I have the Incipio Dual Pro case on my Icon.
I found this case at Best Buy, the Mophie Hip Holster, model 7500:
http://www.amazon.com/mophie-Leathe...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2420666
mophie Hip Holster 7500 BeltClip Case for Apple iPhone 5 Black 40515BCW - Best Buy
The Incipio Dual Pro case fits JUST right!
This case rocks! It's solid, high-quality leather, magnet closure, plastic ratchet clip, and will certainly fit the 929/Icon without any problems. And it's very professional-looking! The ratchet goes 360 degrees too.

I have a full review in this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-belt-clip-pouch-reviews-recommendations.html

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
awesome, thats the case i just ordered. If you get a chance id love to see a pic of your phone in the case :)

Here you go. Please excuse the image quality. I had to use my wife's (inferior) GS3 to take the pics.

And yes, I changed my theme to match the case.

Attachments

• 20140328_062311.jpg
    20140328_062311.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20140328_062317.jpg
    20140328_062317.jpg
    610.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20140328_062322.jpg
    20140328_062322.jpg
    629.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20140328_062326.jpg
    20140328_062326.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20140328_062335.jpg
    20140328_062335.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Incipio Feather Case (Grey) when I picked up the phone. It has been great for the last month. I recently ordered the black Feather Case and the case is matte and feels like soft-touch compared to the satin finish on the grey case. Both are excellent.

Coming from a BlackBerry, I missed my holster, so after doing a bit of research, I ordered the holster for the BB Z30 and it fits like a glove. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with a feather case on the Icon. I'm currently working on a solution for that and I'll post up if I have any success.

~Ex

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Incipio Feather Case (Grey) when I picked up the phone. It has been great for the last month. I recently ordered the black Feather Case and the case is matte and feels like soft-touch compared to the satin finish on the grey case. Both are excellent.

Coming from a BlackBerry, I missed my holster, so after doing a bit of research, I ordered the holster for the BB Z30 and it fits like a glove. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with a feather case on the Icon. I'm currently working on a solution for that and I'll post up if I have any success.

~Ex

Try the Mophie Hip Holster 7500. I talk about it a few posts up.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The case won't impact wireless charging, unless it's over 1 1/2 inches thick or has a significant amount of ferrous metal in it. The charging plate/pad doesn't actually produce electricity. It produces a magnetic field that interacts with a set of coils in the phone, which then induces an electrical current to charge the battery.
it most certainly will, especially if you have a cheaper charger.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Ditched the Incipio Feather the other day. This phone just doesn't look good in a case, but the main reason was because every time I would pull it out of my pocket it would come off on one side. Maybe I'll just case it when I'm in the field for work.

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Try the Mophie Hip Holster 7500. I talk about it a few posts up.

How is port access with the case/holster combo? Have any pictures of your Icon in the holster?

UPDATE: The soft touch material has worn off the corner of my Black Incipio Feather case. The device has never been dropped or scuffed and I keep it inside of a microfiber sunglasses bag 95% of the time. I have contacted Incipio about the issue. The silver case which I had used for 3+ weeks shows NO sign of wear whatsoever. Just an FYI.

~Ex

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
How is port access with the case/holster combo? Have any pictures of your Icon in the holster?

UPDATE: The soft touch material has worn off the corner of my Black Incipio Feather case. The device has never been dropped or scuffed and I keep it inside of a microfiber sunglasses bag 95% of the time. I have contacted Incipio about the issue. The silver case which I had used for 3+ weeks shows NO sign of wear whatsoever. Just an FYI.

~Ex

...Why?

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I have no port access once it's in the holster. I don't have a photo with it in it. It does cover the phone over completely though

NDCowpoke

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I constantly see people dogging the Minisuit for it's "tire tread" look and how it covers up a beautiful phone. In it's defense, it leaves the screen, which is this phone's best physical feature, completely uncovered. It looks great on the phone, feels good in the hand, and has great features for the price of 5 whole dollars. That being said, don't knock it until you try it.

Can't we get a dislike voting button on this forum. I told you this would happen 3 weeks ago. That dumb case would look better on my Subaru Forester than on any phone.

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Lots of reasons: it keeps the dust/lint off of the device, it is great to keep it in my pocket that way and it keeps the screen protected, it fits perfectly and works as a screen/lens cleaner, it is thin enough that I can Qi charge through it, it can be laundered so it is always clean. Same reason people keep their sunglasses in the little bags I'd wager. And I have a few laying around, so why not? I keep my ZuneHD in an old iPod sock too, and the device looks new after 2+ years of use.

~Ex

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Alright, picked up the Puregear case after seeing it in this thread...

It's this one:

PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon Slim Shell Case - Clear with White Original OEM 60508PG

Anyone having problems using the camera shutter button with the case on? Every time I go to take a picture, it takes like 3-10 pictures. It's so annoying. It's not in bracketing mode or anything. It just has a hard time allowing the button to go back to the normal position. I'm basically having to use the tap the screen method to take a picture now. I'm thinking of cutting out the button overlays so I have free access to the buttons.

I didn't realize how snug the case is either. I practically bent my phone into the letter C before I extracted it from the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)