Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
ALways been a Carbon Fiber skin fan. In keeping with that I ordered this on AMazon. For some reason I cant upload the picture.

Last edited:

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
OMG! It's $1.95!!!

I was going to get the PureGear after reading this thread but at that price, I might as well get this case as well. $2 is less than a Starbucks drink. If it turns out bad, I'll just dig out the change from the couch to replace the spent money...

Anyone know of any good cases with a door/id that covers the front? My friends who have the Note 3 all have that flap that goes over the front face.

View attachment 60617

At first I thought I wouldn't want that extra flap but they all have it and it's kind of stylish. And then I was in the Microsoft store and the employee had a similar setup going for his Icon. I should've asked him where he got his case but forgot to ask before I left. Curious if anyone knows of a similar case.

​I am looking for the same kind of case. Ideal would be material that matches my Surface's touch keyboard :)

garyrh

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Skinomi is probably the best, if not the best IMO. If I didn't have my otterbox case, I'd definitely have a skinomi screen protector.

I will second that. I have an otterbox defender and trident cyclops which both have built in screen protectors built in them. I removed both of them and used the skinomi on my icon with the cyclops and looks great.

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I picked up one on Amazon for a .01 (4.99 shipping) ... I think it's decent and would be even better if they didn't have the raised blocks. You can take that plastic portion off. I have own Otter Boxes for my G3, BB, and other phone and this one is pretty close to an Otter Box quality. I would purchase another again.
Amazon.com: Hyperion Nokia Lumia Icon 929 Windows Phone Explorer Hybrid Case (Compatible with Verizon Nokia Lumia Icon 929) **2 Year No Hassle Warranty** [Hyperion Retail Packaging] (BLACK): Cell Phones & Accessories

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I picked up an incipio feather case in black. To me its about the closest thing to running with no case at all. It still shows off the icon to full glory and affords some protection while retaining that nice matte finish. I thought the naked phone was a bit to slippery for me.The better thing tho is the back of the icon which had that little bit of "give" to it is no longer there. The next best thing to running with no case at all imo. Was on sale, $12 and free shipping on eBay. Happy with it.
Also important to me is it protects the camera lens from scratches when laid flat.

Last edited:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

This case actually looks really nice and I'd consider getting it... But some of the reviews really bugged me. Like this one "The case is simple and functional but BEWARE! That suction cup closure design is flawed big time. Over a few weeks of use it took off an olephobic coating that's on the glass and now there's a permanent circle on my screen. I would advise not getting this case."

And this one: "This cover was horrible. It has glue that sticks to your phone to hold it in place and the glue DOES NOT come off. I had to tear the case to get it off my phone and it left glue on my phone that won't come off."

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: The soft touch material has worn off the corner of my Black Incipio Feather case. The device has never been dropped or scuffed and I keep it inside of a microfiber sunglasses bag 95% of the time. I have contacted Incipio about the issue. The silver case which I had used for 3+ weeks shows NO sign of wear whatsoever. Just an FYI.

UPDATE II: After sending a picture of the wear to Incipio, they are sending me a new case. I hope this one works out better/lasts longer. At least Incipio's Customer Service is quick and helpful.

~Ex

CommieCOZY

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Update: As expected, the white rubber edge of my case has "blued" a fair amount. Not ideal, cosmetically, but it in no way impacts protection. If you like the look of the PureGear transparent case, I recommend going with the black edging.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Quasi gripe. Coming from the iPhone world, I've been spoiled by a plethora of cases. Incipio and otterbox are two great makers, no slight towards them, but more is better.

I have a featherlight but I'm bumped our that the color selection is rather limited.

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Incipo Featherlight before the ICON was released. Liked the case on my 822 and like it "okay" for my Icon. Wish it had more corner coverage!

Liked the Trident Case for my 822. Hate the Cyclopes Case for my ICON. Protective screen was never 100% clear and areas behind protective screen collected excessive dust after just a few days of use.

Like the black "gel" case for the ICON from Verizon. Covers the phone nicely and I was able to get my company discount on the accessory. Working for KRONOS saved me about 17%! :wink:

Like the Hyperion case. Inexpensive, heavy duty, good shipping and customer service via Amazon. Phone fits nicely. Got the black on black. May get another with some color added! Like the kickstand for travel. Nice to have the phone "standing" on the airplane for playing music and solitaire (in airplane mode, of course)!

Last, very disappointed with my Skinomi purchase. Had one on my HTC Trophy and loved it. Hated it on my ICON. The ICON screen is so bright and beautiful. The Skinomi cover only dulled the screen. And, yes, I left it on for several days as the instructions suggest. No bubbles or wrinkles - just an annoying dull film.

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Pictures of wife's white Icon in pink Dual Pro

WP_20140418_11_09_43_Pro.jpg
WP_20140418_11_09_54_Pro.jpg

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I ordered two of these. Perfect fit (on phone and in hand) and I can tell that it offers lots of protection if dropped. The super flat edges actually allows the phone to stand up vertical and horizontal. I would recommend this case. I have tried all the others as well (except the Otterbox and Yesoo) and this so far is the one I am enjoying the most. Buttons are tight so requires a tad more thumb / finger power.

Last edited:

mlk4114

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I will second that. I have an otterbox defender and trident cyclops which both have built in screen protectors built in them. I removed both of them and used the skinomi on my icon with the cyclops and looks great.
I did the same thing with my Icon. Used the Trident Cyclops, minus the built in protector, and the Skinomi. Very happy with the results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre