Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomad9#AC

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I just received this case and I have to say it is really nice.(PureGear Nokia Lumia 929 Slim Shell Case - Clear with Black Original OEM 60524PG) Doesn't add really any bulk and looks good. The Incipio dual pro is going back to amazon.

Can you see the Silver Band around the (white) phone?
Thanks

Last edited:

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I finally caved and picked up a case. I love the looks of my white Icon, but I use my phone at the Gym 6 days a week (ProGym for anyone who needs a good tracking app) and just knew eventually something was going to happen to it (no matter how carefully I hid it away between sets). I went with the Otter Box Defender, and love it. It actually makes the phone easier to handle. I didn't want to admit it before, but the while it's a beautiful phone, it's not the easiest phone to hold. It actually is on the thin side, and the squared edges do make it a bit award for big hands. With the Otter Box on my phone, it actually now feels great it the hand. Very substantial, and now I don't think twice about handling it. Before I was always very careful with it in hand, because I knew if I dropped it, I could be in for trouble. The only thing I didn't like about the Defender was the built in screen protector, since it completely washed out the gorgeous screen on the Icon. Tonight I just popped it off (very easy to do, and I assume they make it simple to pop off on purpose) and now I have my lovely screen back, with the great protection that Otter Box offers.

Batt1eRatt1e

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Defender which has always been hit or miss for me, as I'm really picky with cases. You guys weren't joking about it being extremely difficult to take off. I had it on for a few hours and I hated it so I took it off and will try to sell it for like $10. I got my Trident Cyclops case today and I love it. It's my first Trident case. I normally never liked the designs of Trident cases so I never bought one. It's great so far. Feels great, feels secure, the screen protector is tight on the screen, no complaints thus far. You only have two choices that I'm aware of for a fully rugged case and this is hands down better than the Otterbox Defender.

anon5954042

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Defender which has always been hit or miss for me, as I'm really picky with cases. You guys weren't joking about it being extremely difficult to take off. I had it on for a few hours and I hated it so I took it off and will try to sell it for like $10. I got my Trident Cyclops case today and I love it. It's my first Trident case. I normally never liked the designs of Trident cases so I never bought one. It's great so far. Feels great, feels secure, the screen protector is tight on the screen, no complaints thus far. You only have two choices that I'm aware of for a fully rugged case and this is hands down better than the Otterbox Defender.
Be careful I had the same case and it was a ***** to get off. I cut my finger in the process.

Dustin Dexter

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone seen a wallet case that is of decent quality and isn't super bulky? I'm mostly looking for something to carry cards around in. It'd be even better if it didnt have the flap over the front.

Last edited:

ajscalingi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I will second that. I have an otterbox defender and trident cyclops which both have built in screen protectors built in them. I removed both of them and used the skinomi on my icon with the cyclops and looks great.

I'll third that; got the Skinomi "brushed aluminum" and it looks awesome. I can upload a pic if anyone would like to see.

71yARE1nojL._SL1500_.jpg

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Yesoo ultra slim. Got it on Amazon. Super cheap and it is slimmer than the Incipio Feather, which I also have. So far it is my favorite.

MA83

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I finally caved and picked up a case. I love the looks of my white Icon, but I use my phone at the Gym 6 days a week (ProGym for anyone who needs a good tracking app) and just knew eventually something was going to happen to it (no matter how carefully I hid it away between sets). I went with the Otter Box Defender, and love it. It actually makes the phone easier to handle. I didn't want to admit it before, but the while it's a beautiful phone, it's not the easiest phone to hold. It actually is on the thin side, and the squared edges do make it a bit award for big hands. With the Otter Box on my phone, it actually now feels great it the hand. Very substantial, and now I don't think twice about handling it. Before I was always very careful with it in hand, because I knew if I dropped it, I could be in for trouble. The only thing I didn't like about the Defender was the built in screen protector, since it completely washed out the gorgeous screen on the Icon. Tonight I just popped it off (very easy to do, and I assume they make it simple to pop off on purpose) and now I have my lovely screen back, with the great protection that Otter Box offers.

I get my phone and Otterbox today. I've had Otterbox cases on past phones and really liked their durability.

As for ProGym, I've used so many different workout trackers on all the main mobile OS's. It is hands down the best I have ever used.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the incipio feather in cyan. love it. simple, colorful, light, and protects every side and corner. although it seems to be stained on the corners now after a few weeks. i'm guessing from my jeans pockets?

magicfishfinger

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon Slim Shell Case WHITE (Link 1 and link 2)
It's a great case. It's very sturdy and looks great. I didn't want a case that's going to hide the design of the phone itself since it was one of the major reason why I decided to go with Lumia Icon. That being said, the case is very tight and it's hard to get the case off but it does get easier the more you do it. My only major concern is, the white part around the phone seem to have slight yellowy-grey tone to it which makes the case look dirty. I've had the case for few days and it looks like I've had it for months. But other than that, it's a solid case. It's not flimsy at all. It's easy to slide it into your pocket and looks great.

MA83

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Love my Icon and this is the best Otterbox Defender case I've had for a phone yet. It's gonna get plenty of use in the gym and a records warehouse. So, here's to a hardcore case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99