Cases for the Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Does the kickstand lock securely?

Yes, it works fine. Although I would say the kickstand part feels a little cheaper than the rest of the case when used, It tucks away fine and secure when not in use. It's a great case for the price.

MJ217

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it works fine. Although I would say the kickstand part feels a little cheaper than the rest of the case when used, It tucks away fine and secure when not in use. It's a great case for the price.

I was looking around and found a similar case but I found a video of someone reviewing it and that kickstand would not fit securely and made an irritating noise whenever the phone was moved.

Does it add a lot of bulk to the phone? I like added protection for phones but sometimes it comes at the cost of making a phone excessively bulky.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I got an otterbox for mine and as usual I get tired of the plastic built in screen protector and ripped it out! LOL!

I do like the rubber over the plastic that otherwise protects the phone.
|
The raised beveled edge around the screen will still protect the screen from most drops.

I took this photo with my Surface Tablet, so it isn't that clear. LOL
But the phone looks nice in the otterbox minus the plastic over the screen.

Attachments

• WIN_20140508_125254 (2).JPG
    WIN_20140508_125254 (2).JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 10

MJ217

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, I just picked out a few cases, some more protective than others. I guess I will see which one works for me.

I ordered these three from WirelessGround.com

PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon DualTek Extreme Shock Case - Arctic White Original 60599PG 35839 - This one doesn't seem to be on the PureGear website yet.

PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon Slim Shell Case - Clear with White Original 60508PG 35326

Nokia Lumia Icon Flexible Gel Skin Case - Clear 34964

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
For those of you who are more adventurous. I recommend the Dry Case. You can vacuum seal it and it's rated down to 100 feet.

DryCASE Waterproof Smartphone Case Waterproof Case for Smartphones DryCASE

It comes with a neck lanyard, an arm band strap and air pump. It also has a built in waterproof headphone jack if you want to get the waterproof ear buds.

For the Icon I recommend putting it in top first. That gives the camera lens the most clearance for taking underwater pics. I also recommend that if you have any kind of silicon gel type case to take the case off first. The pouch is kind of clingy and getting it in and out with a gel type is kind of awkward.

And yes. It really does work. My wife has used hers swimming.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
For those of you who are more adventurous. I recommend the Dry Case. You can vacuum seal it and it's rated down to 100 feet.

DryCASE Waterproof Smartphone Case Waterproof Case for Smartphones DryCASE

It comes with a neck lanyard, an arm band strap and air pump. It also has a built in waterproof headphone jack if you want to get the waterproof ear buds.

For the Icon I recommend putting it in top first. That gives the camera lens the most clearance for taking underwater pics. I also recommend that if you have any kind of silicon gel type case to take the case off first. The pouch is kind of clingy and getting it in and out with a gel type is kind of awkward.

And yes. It really does work. My wife has used hers swimming.

Here's what it looks like with my Icon in it.

Attachments

• DSCN7628 (600x800).jpg
    DSCN7628 (600x800).jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 12

MJ217

May 1, 2014
Visit site
These are the 3 cases I had ordered a while back for my Icon:

PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon DualTek Extreme Shock Case - Arctic White Original 60599PG 35839 - This one doesn't seem to be on the PureGear website yet.

PureGear Nokia Lumia Icon Slim Shell Case - Clear with White Original 60508PG 35326

Nokia Lumia Icon Flexible Gel Skin Case - Clear 34964

Of them, I am only keeping the Gel Skin case. Both the DualTek and the Slim Shell make it impossible to use the camera button. Once pressed, the camera button gets stuck and endlessly continues taking pics till I adjust the case. I have been using them for a while and it doesn't look like the cases will stretch to give the button some room. So those two are going back.

The gel skin case works well. It is clear so the awesomeness of the Icon is unhindered. The top doesn't fit snugly but at least the camera button works. I will continue looking for a more protective case.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the PureGear slim case makes it impossible to use the camera button. I ended up cutting off the button. However, I forgot to realize that it'd still be hard to access the button because of how deeply recessed the button is with the case on. I'm stuck using the screen to take pictures.

I also don't like how the white rubber rim of the case stains easily. It's a good case because you can see my white Icon through the clear plastic. But the clear plastic scratches easily (mine is completely covered with fine scratches).

But it looks pretty good for a case. I hate most cases because they cover up the beauty of the Icon. But from a distance, people can't tell there's a case on the phone. I still take the case off when showing off the phone to people though.

CommieCOZY

May 31, 2011
Visit site
onlysublime and MJ,

You may have flawed cases (or I may have the only one that's fine? :amaze:). My puregear photo button works perfectly. It was the saving grace of the 8.1. PfD wake issues. The flaw of the white staining is just the nature of rubber. Unless you wanted to clear-coat it, it will happen.

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
So question I think I need a case for my icon. Heres the thing I hate cases....90 percent of them are just ugly the phones usually look so much better naked, but I do drop my phone from time to time so it probably necessary.

so Im looking for an either or..something ultra low profile but can still protect the phone even if its dropped on the screen and black white or clear...

Or...just a case that really nice looking..something with a nice design or something like that.

something like these guys maybe
Style That Fits | Head Case Designs

Unfortunately they don't make cases for the icon....at least not yet...they do have them for the 928 so maybe there is hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss