Battery Life Thread

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20140223_0001.png

wp_ss_20140224_0001.png

This has been my experiences, thus far, with the battery. The first screenshot was the day after my first charge. This was average use with taking photos on day 2. Thus far I would say it is slightly better than the 928.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The global setting the phones. GSM radio will be on & it will be actively trying to connect to CDMA & GSM networks. Global mode is intended for when Verizon customers travel abroad are able to use their phone on GSM networks.

flackberry

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Took off charger on Saturday 7am. Made it until Sunday 10pm with mostly light email/browsing, Pandora and facebook this weekend. It died while I was messing around with not paying attention to the Olympic closing ceremonies my wife was watching.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
This isn't anything new for new batteries guys. You have to give it at least a week for a few charge & drain cycles to condition the battery. This is the case for any battery. Same thing had to be done with my wife's Iphone 5S. Tips on ways to save charge, Set email checking for every 15 or 30 mins if you get lots of email instead of as it comes in. Select which apps you want running in the background, turn all other off. turn off tap+send, turn off bluetooth if you don't use it, if you do pin the control to you start screen to turn it on when you need it. ** this is s big one but for some reason Verizon ships their phones in global mode, change to LTE & CDMA under the Cellular settings**, turn brightness to auto, turn on battery saver brightness in the display settings and of course turn on battery saver. Hope this helps

Nice! I forgot that Tap+Send is turned on by default, so thanks for reminding me to turn it off! Also, I didn't realize that about the global mode thing, so that's a great tip as well!

SquishyGirl83

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I got about 36 hours on my charge before it was "critically low". I was using battery saver, and i switched to the black theme when it was at about 15 percent left. I did, however, download about 30 apps on 4g (unlimited data :) ), took a bunch of pictures, used the web quite a lot, used it as my alarm and pressed the snooze way more times than I should have, checked my email a few times, and moved tiles around on my start screen quite a bit. I must say I'm very happy with the battery performance. Also, I'm getting 4g in places i used to only get 3g ( i work in a hospital and have horrible reception inside). So, Very Very Happy with my Icon!

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting a whole day(16hrs) out of my battery so far and that's me playing with it and tweaking it a lot cause its new. One thing I noticed tho is the battery will drop to 95% really fast, within 5 to 10 minutes. Then it starts to decrease much slower. Getting thru the whole day makes me happy about it tho. This is not using battery saver, so, could probably do better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss