04-10-2014 01:15 PM
30 12
tools
    my icon only has a choice of 'jpeg (5mp)' or 'jpeg (5mp) + (16mp)'. Nothing is marked dng. Even though I have the second option selected I only find one picture in my album. I loaded HD Photo Viewer and still nothing - just the jpg file.
    You have to use Nokia Camera not the built in camera app.
    04-03-2014 02:32 AM
    With Pocket File Manager you can now access the high rez from your phone and don't need a PC
    But you can't open it on phone. You can only open them on a Mac or Windows PC using a RAW converter.
    04-03-2014 02:36 AM
    Hold on...seriously, I am so confused. So this phone takes a big azz resolution pic, then another low(er) res pic, and the only way I can access the high res pic is plugging in to a PC and exporting it? Do I have that right? I am not trying to be a wiseguy here, but what possible sense does that make?? I can't even imagine what kind of "feature" that is.

When I connect to my PC, I see the two files, but one is usually 1-2m and the "hi res" is 5m. Do I have some setting off? Ugh...

I am really, really trying to make the switch, but things like this make me wonder who WP is designed for...
    Well... Yes and no. If you are in JPG mode only, you can see both the hires an lowres versions of the JPG on the phone. However, if you are in RAW capture mode, then you can only see the lowres JPG and you need to plug in to a computer via USB to download the DNG (RAW) version and edit with a RAW converter. In any case, you can not view or manipulate the DNG on the phone itself.

To enable RAW capture, you need to use Nokia Camera, not the built in camera app. Then you will have an option for 16MP DNG + 5MP JPG.

I would recommend reading the thread about the difference between JPG and RAW capture and play around with it, to see what suits your needs.

Here are two threads referencing this.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ia-can-do.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ld-i-care.html

RAW capture is relatively new (less that 6 months) for smartphone cameras, so I understand there is a lot of confusion.
    04-03-2014 01:52 PM
    I just got the Icon and it only saves .jpg files when I choose the 5MP+16MP option. For example:

WP_20140408_15_53_24_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140408_15_53_24_Pro__highres.jpg

The one ending in "highres" :
    • does not upload to skydrive
    • is only visible from Windows when I plug into my computer.
    • does not include the Latitude & Longitude, although it does include all the other EXIF data.
    04-08-2014 05:21 PM
    I just got the Icon and it only saves .jpg files when I choose the 5MP+16MP option. For example:

WP_20140408_15_53_24_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140408_15_53_24_Pro__highres.jpg

The one ending in "highres" :
    • does not upload to skydrive
    • is only visible from Windows when I plug into my computer.
    • does not include the Latitude & Longitude, although it does include all the other EXIF data.
    Which camera app are you using? To save in RAW (DNG) format, you need to use the Nokia Camera app, not the built in camera app.

The DNG version will save the location data, but you can't view it unless you are using a RAW image converter/processor like Lightroom or Aperture.
    04-10-2014 01:15 PM
30 12