When I use it for a while and then charge it, it gets hot, especially when I play the VBA8 emulator. The batter life also seems short. I can barely get through the day without charging it. Should I take it in or is it just seem like that because I had a charge case for my iphone 4s. Please give me feedback.
    02-22-2014 02:39 PM
    It's fairly common for phones to get warm to the touch when being used during charging or when there's intensive things going on, such as gaming/recording video/etc. Unless it's extreme it's probably normal.

As far as battery life, you've only had the phone for a day or two at this point. Most people play with their phones 2-3x more often when they first get a new one and don't even realize it. Give it a couple of weeks and your normal usage pattern should return.
    02-22-2014 02:58 PM
    Because its the HOTTEST new Lumia phone. hahahahah; just joking.
    NDCowpoke and KoukiFC3S like this.
    02-23-2014 05:58 PM
    When I use it for a while and then charge it, it gets hot, especially when I play the VBA8 emulator. The batter life also seems short. I can barely get through the day without charging it. Should I take it in or is it just seem like that because I had a charge case for my iphone 4s. Please give me feedback.
    It is likely to get hot under load. If it's any consolation it is much less hot than my HTC one was under the same general use. More specs mean more heat. You could always put on a case of it really bothers you.
    02-23-2014 06:22 PM
    mine gets hot too. what color do you have? and where did you buy it?
    02-23-2014 08:58 PM
    I bought it at a Microsoft store and I have a white one
    02-25-2014 04:57 PM
    I've never used a phone that doesn't get hot when performaing a lot of tasks. That's normal. The only time it shouldn't be normal is when it starts burning or catches fire, explodes, etc.

But warm phones are normal. I suppose you should also be worried if your phone gets hot while not doing anything at all (besides charging). That is something to be worried about. But otherwise, it sounds like you have a normal smartphone. Same concept applies to computers, video game consoles, etc.
    02-25-2014 05:11 PM
    I'm going to go out on a limb a bit and blame the emulator. 920 user here and the app makes my phone relatively warm too.
    02-25-2014 06:04 PM
    I've noticed the same thing. I've run the gambit with smartphones and can say they all do the same. I had an S4 that was literally untouchable at times. I'm rockin' the Lumia Icon and I jumped from the iPhone 5s to this. This phone can get as hot as it wants cause it is amazing. In the past year I've moved from BlackBerry Zed10/ Galaxy S3/ Lumia 928/ Galaxy S4/ iPhone 5s/ HTC One/ back to 5s/ and now the ICON. In only 3 days I can already say I'm sticking with Windows. This phone is amazing. All the little bugs are gibe from the 928 and I can't say enough good things. A little heat is no problem. I know this has served no purpose in helping with the question but I just wanted to rant about how amazing the phone is and how excited I am for WP inevitable domination of the industry.
    03-12-2014 12:47 AM
    Noticed more that mine is getting hot, Seems out of the blue. I play scrabble with friends on it and usually doing so does not have cause to heat up, but seemed to today. Wouldn't concern me that much but it means the battery is draining quickly. I never find anything running in the background that isn't supposed to be or isn't always running normally when I check. Hope this isn't going to be a new ongoing issue.
    03-30-2014 06:17 PM
    emulators push any computing device hard. I remember a PS2 emulator running slow on a 3 GHz high end PC back in the day.
    03-30-2014 06:40 PM