High rez photo upload

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
OK - so Nokia / Microsoft really need to fix this - I only want my high resolution files - I don't even want the 5mp ones. I should be able to select 16mp only when taking the photos. Add to that, the stupid Onedrive app, will only upload the low-res files. So, I had to go into PocketFileManager, delete all of the low resolution images. Now, I need to select all of them, and copy / paste into Onedrive, then I need to go to my Onedrive folder after they all upload, and again delete all of the low-res images. This is sooooooooo azz backwards. This is my biggest gripe with WP - other than this issue, I am really loving it, and I came from 6 years of lagdroid.

Does anyone know of a way around this??? Is there a Camera App out there that will only take the high res image?

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I understand your complaint. I too am annoyed that it won't automatically upload the hi-res images. Worse, it won't even upload the low-rest images except over WiFi. I guess it's a minority of us who have unlimited data, but why not provide the option.

I have been plugging the phone into my computer but agree that is annoying.

If you use Pocket File Manager, you can indeed copy and paste into OneDrive. One step that might help you is sorting by type. If you click the up/down arrows next to "Phone's Storage" it will let you choose the sort order. Then you can just grab your DNG files and copy those.

Good luck.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
other issue im having with pocket file explorer - if the screen times out, while uploading, it gives me an error, and none of the files upload. Anyone know if I allow it to run under lockscreen, will it prevent this error from occurring?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
OneDrive does auto photo sync. Really nice! When I get home and turn on my computer all of the photos are right there waiting for me.

Yes, OneDrive uploads the high-res jpeg's, but it won't upload the DNG (RAW) versions. You have to use a third party app like Pocket File Manager to upload to OneDrive, or plugin via USB and download them to your desktop or laptop.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Wait,i can take a high rez photo when i plug in to the pc,what exactly i need to do?im new in this. Nokia has to fix this problem about camera,its irritating,do you think they will fix in 8.1?

You need a third party app like Pocket File Manager, or plug in to your desktop/laptop with USB and download them that way. I haven't found any other way of doing it.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Wait,i can take a high rez photo when i plug in to the pc,what exactly i need to do?im new in this. Nokia has to fix this problem about camera,its irritating,do you think they will fix in 8.1?

P.S. Once you get the DNG (RAW) file onto your computer, you will need an app to process it, such as, Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop Elements, etc. The RAW file format is uncompressed and "unprocessed" so to speak. This means you have much greater post capture editing capabilities; like being able to change WB and increase or decrease exposure by up to 3 stops; among other things. The changes are non-destructive, meaning that you can "zero" them out and start over without any degradation of the original file.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

That because it's a Windows Phone and when you plug it into a Windows PC, it recognizes the phone as a flash drive allowing you to just drag and drop files to and from the phone. Since Apple marches to its own tune, there is no built in support for Windows Phones in Apple products.

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
That because it's a Windows Phone and when you plug it into a Windows PC, it recognizes the phone as a flash drive allowing you to just drag and drop files to and from the phone. Since Apple marches to its own tune, there is no built in support for Windows Phones in Apple products.
So i'm confused, what does it matter since you need another program to process the Raw file on a windows box, where RAW processing is is built into Mac photo software once the file is on the machine?

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I used Pocket File Manager and uploaded the high res photos and video to my OneDrive, however it would seem to me that it would be relatively easy to design an app the would make the process a bit more streamlined and simple.

Jeremy Lebens

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I plugged the phone into my PC and went to the phone icon under My Computer and made sure to C and P the RAW photos instead of the compressed one to my desktop. Now, if I delete all of the compressed photos off of my phone, will the uncompressed ones still show up if I'm browsing through the photos on my actual phone?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So i'm confused, what does it matter since you need another program to process the Raw file on a windows box, where RAW processing is is built into Mac photo software once the file is on the machine?

What built-in app on Mac OS allows you to PROCESS RAW images? Both Mac OS and Windows allow you to view a RAW image, but not process it (or at least make minimal changes). It takes a third party app like Capture One, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Apple Aperture (Mac only), CorelDraw, etc., to get the full potential from the RAW file. A RAW image file is essentially the same as the unprocessed film prior to developing. However, in film, once it's developed you are stuck with the results; RAW image capture allows you to change the image in a non-destructive way. A RAW file type as a file extension of .dng (Adobe DNG), .cr2 (Canon RAW), .nef (Nikon RAW). etc. Does your Mac allow you to view the file extension? If so, you might want to confirm that you are actually downloading the RAW image file automatically. The Icon creates two image files when in RAW capture mode:

WP_20140322_19_00_31_Raw.jpg - JPG (processed/compressed) (5MP)
WP_20140322_19_00_31_Raw__highres.dng - DNG (RAW/uncompressed) (16MP)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3