Should I wait?

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
AMH then went to shooters shop. It's amazing but I can't remember anybody's name right now! I remember Scottie and Neave from Airframes, that's pretty much it.

No offense and it's cool that you guys might know each other but perhaps this can be moved to PM's rather than continuing in the tread? :)

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
No offense and it's cool that you guys might know each other but perhaps this can be moved to PM's rather than continuing in the tread? :)

Already done, just cool to try and catch up with people you haven't seen or talked to in years that you might know. Especially military, most of best people I have ever met in my life was while active duty. I will end there.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am aware of that. Sorry I didn't clarify. I have two upgrades ready, but like you said I cannot use them without losing my unlimited data. You are missing option number three, you can use a phone that is off contract on any line. What I did to upgrade to the 8X was a "piggy back" upgrade. I used another line to upgrade to the phone, then immediately switch back to the previous phone on that line thus kicking the 8X off and making it unlocked essentially. Then I just added that to my line and Blam! Don't have to get unlimited. So..
TL:DR what I meant was see if. Can find a friend or family member with Verizon who has an upgrade but doesn't need it, pay them for the upgrade, switch phones and keep all my precious data.

Side note, are there any WiFi teetering apps for wp8? Only real reason I keep unlimited data mostly.

K Boston

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am aware of that. Sorry I didn't clarify. I have two upgrades ready, but like you said I cannot use them without losing my unlimited data. You are missing option number three, you can use a phone that is off contract on any line. What I did to upgrade to the 8X was a "piggy back" upgrade. I used another line to upgrade to the phone, then immediately switch back to the previous phone on that line thus kicking the 8X off and making it unlocked essentially. Then I just added that to my line and Blam! Don't have to get unlimited. So..
TL:DR what I meant was see if. Can find a friend or family member with Verizon who has an upgrade but doesn't need it, pay them for the upgrade, switch phones and keep all my precious data.

Side note, are there any WiFi teetering apps for wp8? Only real reason I keep unlimited data mostly.

My wife and I were both up for upgrades. I had an 822, I bought it brand new from a friend, who's wife didn't like it. My wife had a dumb phone Pantech Jest II. I had unlimited data and she had nothing. Here is what we did, and at the advice of a Verizon over the phone rep. I never go to the store, I always call Verizon. We upgraded my wifes phone and got the Lumia Icon. I added a 2Gb data plan for her. When the Icon arrived, I activated MY old 822 on her phone number, the Icon on my phone number. This allowed me to keep my unlimited data plan. :smile: She's at home all day so the WIFI is connected to the 822 and the 2Gb never gets used. See what we did there? Easy peasy! I really loved my 822, but this ICON ROCKS!!! My wife now has her first smart phone, an 822 no less and she loves it. It all worked out great for us. And we still have an un-used upgrade to boot.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Huron Windows Phone Will Be Launched at Verizon as ATIV SE

Doh! Makes the return policy hand itchy...I know and like the S4 form factor and I bet it has microSD and a friggin LED...what to do...
MicroSD would be nice but the biggest turnoff for me is that it is Samsung. Their hardware is plastic and feels as if they should be charging .01 for it or paying us to have it. Their radios are complete garbage. Their longevity is severly lacking. From what I have had experience with, Samsung designs their products with a shelf life in mind so that you are constantly over your life time purchasing new every couple of years if you stick with their brand.

Christopher Senn

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a lumia 928 (used) for $175. Happy with it. The icon turned out not being the flagship i thought it will be. No xenon flash? I thought new WP8.1 phones would of been announced at the mobile conference but it wasnt. So dont expect anything till like late fall i think. And in a few months as noted earlier Icon will be free with contract

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Its ok to wait ! Only one more month to go before /build/ 2014 !!

That does not mean that there will be a new high end WP8 on Verizon in one month.

I just bought a lumia 928 (used) for $175. Happy with it. The icon turned out not being the flagship i thought it will be. No xenon flash? I thought new WP8.1 phones would of been announced at the mobile conference but it wasnt. So dont expect anything till like late fall i think. And in a few months as noted earlier Icon will be free with contract

Don't count on the Icon being free until right before they announce another device. Meaning sometime in the fall.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
To me the snappiness of the processor far outweighs a xenon flash. I can multitask so much faster with the Icon as opposed to the 928. The 928 is still a great phone but it is no where near the Icon as far as overall capabilities.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site

Yea, that's another option, lol. Bit convoluted, but hey.

No tethering apps that I know of. I switched to the More Everything plan recently, same price for 6GB (we never topped 4GB, and I stream A LOT of music, phone is way better with data than my Android device was), and it includes tethering. :)

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
That does not mean that there will be a new high end WP8 on Verizon in one month.

Don't count on the Icon being free until right before they announce another device. Meaning sometime in the fall.
Exactly. With Verizon the WP8 record is a phone/year.
2012>Lumia 822
2013>Lumia 928
2014>Lumia Icon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99