So I switched from a Galaxy S4 to the Icon and....

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh really ? You should go to people, click on some contact, click on edit below, then click on the blank square above, it'll take you to the gallery, there you select a picture of the person, and then crop it, then click on save below (don't press back, press save). Then you'd have a contact with pic, same way do for other people in your free time. This way
A) you'd see their pictures when they call
B) your live tile of people hub would be infinitely more good looking (give the tile some time to refresh, it'll take half an hour or so to refresh it with pictures).
The more people you have added pictures to, the better your live tile :)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
if you have connected Facebook in email+accounts , you should probably see the images , people hub (they are tied up with contacts) , if they don't I will take an example to show you how to do so
if I have a contact named James Cowdy Richard , and James had its name as James Richard on Facebook , chances are they wont merge due to Cowdy , so to manually merge the contact with Facebook , open people hub , search James Cowdy Richard and tap on the name , tap on the 3dots , and select the middle option ->link ; it will show the suggestions , else you can try by taping on choose a contact , and select James Richard and you are done ;) next time James Cowdy Richard call your # , his profile image will be there on the screen. Hope this helps you :)
regarding live tile , just unpin it and pin it again , no need to wait for 30 min to auto refresh ;)

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Here's one...its so simple its killing me, how do you navigate back in IE? The back button exits the app...driving us crazy and I can't seem to find the answer...

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Here's one...its so simple its killing me, how do you navigate back in IE? The back button exits the app...driving us crazy and I can't seem to find the answer...

sadly ie mobile does not have any back button , one found on desktop/pc :(
but back button works for me , suppose I am browsing wpcentral.com and I opened a new article regarding the new green nokia Lumia 1520 , after reading the page I just press the back button once to go back to previous page (wpcentral.com)and if you press it again , it will exit the browser since you didn't opened any other pages before in that tab so it will terminate ie , sounds very stupid but ie11 on wp8.1 is very much improved , have look at this video ;)it will also support file upload and download , one most requested feature in ie

Internet Explorer 11 on Windows Phone 8.1 - YouTube

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

yeah he's right, it works for me too... (back button) unless this was the first page i opened. But i have an advice, download uc browser (just type it in store), it is much more closer to a pc browser, has great functionality, and nice looks too (with theme support). Its just SLIGHTLY slower than ie, but in return it gives a million times more funtionality, so go ahead and use it, I'm sure you'd love it and not miss any features from your pc browser.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Let me try to answer some of your questions.

When sharing a photo only support apps will allow you to share to UNLESS you go to that app, example whatsapp and click attachment button and share a photo. I am guessing this will change in 8.1

In the first picture, the black space you referring to does show contact photo if you have saved one or if you have linked them to either a Facebook contact, it will show there profile picture.

For the notifications I recognize the sound that was assigned to them that is how I know which got a new notification. I have email and text next to one another so I see a number on top of the live tile. As for lets say some one liked your status you will get a toast notification which appears at the top of your screen.

So for navigating in IE. If you have just arrived to a webpage pushing back will close out but if you have navigated further into the page press back will go back.

Example. I go read Yahoo news Page 1/5 and press back I will exit but if I am reading Yahoo Page 1/5 and move to 2/5, press back will go back to Page 1/5 however, if I plug in the web address for page 2/5 and start directly there. Press back will exit.

I hope this helps. I know its a bit awkward and I have gotten use to the functions. Hopefully, 8.1 will make navigating better.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Let me try to answer some of your questions.

When sharing a photo only support apps will allow you to share to UNLESS you go to that app, example whatsapp and click attachment button and share a photo. I am guessing this will change in 8.1

In the first picture, the black space you referring to does show contact photo if you have saved one or if you have linked them to either a Facebook contact, it will show there profile picture.

For the notifications I recognize the sound that was assigned to them that is how I know which got a new notification. I have email and text next to one another so I see a number on top of the live tile. As for lets say some one liked your status you will get a toast notification which appears at the top of your screen.

So for navigating in IE. If you have just arrived to a webpage pushing back will close out but if you have navigated further into the page press back will go back.

Example. I go read Yahoo news Page 1/5 and press back I will exit but if I am reading Yahoo Page 1/5 and move to 2/5, press back will go back to Page 1/5 however, if I plug in the web address for page 2/5 and start directly there. Press back will exit.

I hope this helps. I know its a bit awkward and I have gotten use to the functions. Hopefully, 8.1 will make navigating better.

post a screenshot of dial pad having a contact image , I never saw any of contact image when I dial them , though I have linked them with my Facebook/twitter;
I never get toast notifications for emails , do you get them on your icon ?

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
He must mean something else, i've added all pics manually, and I'm 101% sure that contact pics aren't shown on the dial pad, there's simply no aesthetic space for that. He must be meaning something else. Or maybe he's using some custom dialer (like rapdialer, try it you might like it)

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
You are right I am wrong. What I meant was when someone calls you. You can see their picture. lol sorry the screens look similar

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Its good unless I am getting tons of voxer, whatsapp, viber, and skype all going at the same time cause I have friends still in college and sometimes they have the day off to spam

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Its good unless I am getting tons of voxer, whatsapp, viber, and skype all going at the same time cause I have friends still in college and sometimes they have the day off to spam

I love sd800 on new windows phone , would love playing games and taking advantage of the quad core chipset, oh I forgot to mention the gorgeous full hd display :D true whatsapp/Skype suck battery :\ , I am still waiting for Lumia 92X successor

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I love sd800 on new windows phone , would love playing games and taking advantage of the quad core chipset, oh I forgot to mention the gorgeous full hd display :D true whatsapp/Skype suck battery :\ , I am still waiting for Lumia 92X successor

how much battery life do you all get ? Specify phones too. My 520 has started giving just 7-8 hours since i started keeping my 2g on, and that's too less for me. So I'd love to buy a new Lumia with a better battery when i get into college in a few months :p otherwise too, 520 was just for trial of wp, and i loved it, so I'm sticking to wp now and would get a nice one ! 8.1 might not be having many phones by then so I'd have to to wait for updates :p

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
how much battery life do you all get ? Specify phones too. My 520 has started giving just 7-8 hours since i started keeping my 2g on, and that's too less for me. So I'd love to buy a new Lumia with a better battery when i get into college in a few months :p otherwise too, 520 was just for trial of wp, and i loved it, so I'm sticking to wp now and would get a nice one ! 8.1 might not be having many phones by then so I'd have to to wait for updates :p

There's a separate thread for this. Try the Search feature:http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-928/227071-battery-life-thread.html

Truman82

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to test the hd screen on demo units? As I'm not yet sure can we make difference with our eyes in between hd screen and lower?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rheresniak

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Thrilled to hear that you are in love with your Icon. Though it does not have glance feature , it still have double tap to unlock and many other features from nokia black firmware update. With snapdragon 800 sOc and 2GB ram , it's a beast inside a mobile , windows phone runs fluidly on a dual core processor with memory as low as 512MB. , it does not have hiccups , thanks to Microsoft they optimized the OS so well , it will run even faster and better on latest hardware , be prepared to for new 8.1 update , it will be a ground breaking update for windows phone users.
Now I want icon to get out of verizon network , it should be avaliable globally (in Asia for instance ), it's a true successor to lumia 920 , but OK we might se a new lumia 930 after the launch of wp 8.1 ;)

You have "double tap to unlock" without Glance? I thought they were connected features. I am on Verizon and have neither feature (that I can find, anyway). Can you tell me where in the setting I would find "double tap to unlock"?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077