Microsoft Store Out of Inventory

anon(5408816)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So, I just bit the bullet and ordered two Icons off contract (white and black) through the Microsoft Store. I expected the projected ship date to promptly come back as Monday, the 24th but instead it reported that there would be a delay in shipment due to the lack of inventory. I don't mind waiting but it was an interesting turn of events. Low inventory, high demand or somewhere in the middle? I'm leaning to lower inventory and slightly higher than expected demand but who knows.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Someone else had mentioned this a day or two ago when they phoned the order in to the Microsoft store, so he went to a local store that had one and picked one up.I would think the delay wouldn't be too long.

Last edited:

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
You don't have any Microsoft retail stores in your area? That is your best option, especially because it you ask nicely you can get some extra discounts...

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
You don't have any Microsoft retail stores in your area? That is your best option, especially because it you ask nicely you can get some extra discounts...

That's what I did. They gave me a free QI charging stand when I bought at the Microsoft store. Also, the $100 insurance is better than $10/mo. from Verizon through Asurion. You just have to be able to bring back some scrap of the broken phone. If you lose it you will be out of luck.

anon(5408816)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Someone else had mentioned this a day or two ago when they phone the order in to the Microsoft store, so he went to a local store that had one and picked one up.I would think the delay wouldn't be too long.

There is a Microsoft Store less than two miles from my home but I'm okay with waiting until it ships. I just thought it was interesting.

drn007

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
So, I just bit the bullet and ordered two Icons off contract (white and black) through the Microsoft Store. I expected the projected ship date to promptly come back as Monday, the 24th but instead it reported that there would be a delay in shipment due to the lack of inventory. I don't mind waiting but it was an interesting turn of events. Low inventory, high demand or somewhere in the middle? I'm leaning to lower inventory and slightly higher than expected demand but who knows.
Did you get your phones? I ordered one at the MS online store on Feb 20th. Still does not show shipped as of today. I did a chat session several days ago and they assured me the phones would be in on the 27th and ship immediately. Well, I did another chat session again earlier tonight from MS store and they cannot not review my order. I'm now being told the order is "fulfilled" by some place called Simplexity(?). I've never heard of it. I'll spare the details on the chat session but, it was NOT good. I'll never order from the Microsoft online store again. I ordered another Icon tonight for myself (the other is a white one for my wife) from Amazon. $149 with 2 yr contract and a $100 Verizon bill credit. Best deal I've seen and it ships tomorrow! What about the free charging plate??? I've seen them for $25. Hope this helps someone.

MikeInOhio

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Simplexity looks to be a cell phone store broker type company. Their internal brand is Wirefly. I'm guessing that their Microsoft contract is not their top priority

...from their webpage
We serve partners across the following diverse categories:
Retailers, eTailers, & OEMs
Loyalty, Rewards & Promotional Programs
Direct Selling Organizations & Affinity Groups
MVNO Services

drn007

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Simplexity looks to be a cell phone store broker type company. Their internal brand is Wirefly. I'm guessing that their Microsoft contract is not their top priority

...from their webpage
We serve partners across the following diverse categories:
Retailers, eTailers, & OEMs
Loyalty, Rewards & Promotional Programs
Direct Selling Organizations & Affinity Groups
MVNO Services

My point is, one may think they are purchasiong from Microsoft. You go to the online store, buy, get a confirmation email...all with Microsoft at the top of everything. Then find out you're not dealing with Microsoft. There is some "fine print" you may not notice with Microsoft appearing large and on everything. Poor representation I want to make people aware of. Glad I found the Amazon deal!

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue, but they got more in after about 2 days. I had more trouble with fedex than anything else. Last time they let me pick it up in person. This time they insisted on delivery only, but you can pre-sign online. Seeing as how all the information required for this is on the door tag (if they leave one, which they didn't in my case), its more secure for me to pick up in person than to pre-authorize it online. oh well.

Myncai

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my Icon last Sunday from the Microsoft store, and I still haven't gotten it. The tracking link says they are still awaiting inventory. I'm pretty tired of waiting by now.

w4rmk

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I stopped by a local Verizon store yesterday and asked how stock of the Icon was holding up and was told they were completely sold out. I asked the sales lady if that meant they were selling good and her reply was "No, no one is interested in Windows phones". Hmm, either that means they never received much stock or she doesn't know what she is talking about. They had both white and black demos on display and the screens were scratched to hell. Made me concerned that the screens on our Icon's aren't very resistant to scratching.

MikeInOhio

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my Icon last Sunday from the Microsoft store, and I still haven't gotten it. The tracking link says they are still awaiting inventory. I'm pretty tired of waiting by now.

They have (or had) the black in stock as of Friday afternoon. Go to the whereismyorder link and start a chat. Seems like you need to remind them that you have placed an order. You might also point out that the free charging plate is now part of the order and it would be great of them to include it since you have been waiting

drn007

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
They have (or had) the black in stock as of Friday afternoon. Go to the whereismyorder link and start a chat. Seems like you need to remind them that you have placed an order. You might also point out that the free charging plate is now part of the order and it would be great of them to include it since you have been waiting

I ordered white. I did a chat last Friday mornig and they said they would get my order processed and shipped. It's supposed to be here today. Ridiculous you have to "remind them" to ship your order. Give it a try though. Again, you're not dealing with the Microsoft online, it just does seems like it because of the emails and such you get from ordering.

anon(5408816)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Our Icons showed up today. Conveniently, they shipped them on Thursday after I emailed them for status. I should have contacted them on Tuesday and Wednesday as well. Either way, they are here now and worth it.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

anon(5408816)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I stopped by a local Verizon store yesterday and asked how stock of the Icon was holding up and was told they were completely sold out. I asked the sales lady if that meant they were selling good and her reply was "No, no one is interested in Windows phones". Hmm, either that means they never received much stock or she doesn't know what she is talking about. They had both white and black demos on display and the screens were scratched to hell. Made me concerned that the screens on our Icon's aren't very resistant to scratching.

I guess you didn't know that you were, "no one". The attitude at these places is just sad.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

John Beach

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I had to call them to check on the order over a week later.
www.whereismyorder.com still showed waiting for inventory.
The person on the phone did not know why it said that since they had some in stock and he changed the order status and it was shipped the next day.

I now know may know what the issue was.

www.whereismyorder.com is no longer active - the company Simplexity has filed chapter 7 and has shut down.
They handle online cell orders for many companies including Microsoft.

I became aware of this because I received an email from the company providing my cell phone insurance that Simplexity had cancelled my insurance, one year of prepaid cell phone insurance and I assume they planed on keeping the money.

If you have any orders pending or have purchased any prepaid insurance I would file a dispute with your credit card company while you still can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiuniuz