Difficulty with small tiles?

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I've seen several folks post here and elsewhere that the small tiles are a bit of a challenge to tap on the Icon. Can any Icon owners chime in with their perspective on how well small tiles work for you?

How well (or poorly) you'd think they'd do on a screen that's half an inch to an inch smaller?

Finally, what phone did you use before the Icon?

Last edited:

TechyMexican

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I completely stopped using the smaller tiles. It adds a small amount of stress when pressing one since you could end up pressing another application

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Lol accidently tapped like and thanks...oh well no harm done..but thought i may as well finish the job and do them for all of you

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Coming from a 928 its not that bad to me. It will take some time to get used to but the good thing is that you can fit more of the medium tiles on the screen now since they are smaller as well

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I got used to them pretty quick, no problem hitting the right one for me. I like them because I can fit more on the home screen with what I need and no scrolling required. Another things that helps is the folders I discovered. Didn't know the WP had that. Coming from the HTC ONE and android it was the one thing I was prepared to miss.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I came from the Lumia 822 prior to the Icon. I never had any trouble with the small live tiles from an operational standpoint. I did think they were too small visually for about a day. Since then I've adjusted and I actually really like them now. I'm able to fit more of what I need on screen and don't have to scroll as much as before. I never disliked the 822 or had any issues with the 2 column display but now that I've adjusted to 3 columns and the small tiles I would have a hard time going back.

WScottCross

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I came from the Lumia 822 prior to the Icon. I never had any trouble with the small live tiles from an operational standpoint. I did think they were too small visually for about a day. Since then I've adjusted and I actually really like them now. I'm able to fit more of what I need on screen and don't have to scroll as much as before. I never disliked the 822 or had any issues with the 2 column display but now that I've adjusted to 3 columns and the small tiles I would have a hard time going back.
I also came from an 822 and agree with this. I'm right handed and I put the larger tiles on the left and the smaller ones on the right so they are easier to reach with my thumb.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Tapping on the small tiles isn't an issue for me but has anyone seen text fall off the tile? For instance my mail tile is small and let say the next morning there are 10 new emails the zero is falling off the title; half on half off.

Also those who are using the Battery Performance app and have the tile as small is the batter percentage also hanging off the tile? I get half of the first number and that's it.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Tapping on the small tiles isn't an issue for me but has anyone seen text fall off the tile? For instance my mail tile is small and let say the next morning there are 10 new emails the zero is falling off the title; half on half off.

Also those who are using the Battery Performance app and have the tile as small is the batter percentage also hanging off the tile? I get half of the first number and that's it.

That's the design of it. Text running off of it's page is a metro design choice. For small tiles it's not all too practical. But, in my opinion, neither are small tiles on a 5", 3 column device. Imagine how small that text would be if it were fit to the tile.

I personally only use a few small tiles on my screen and those are ones that 1.) Aren't live tiles. and 2.) I rarely use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs