OLED Screen Burn?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering about the nightstand clock apps. I am new to WP as the icon is my first device.
My previous android had a system clock app for nighttime use and it was actually quite nice. It used my wallpaper as a background and the clock numerals would drift like a PC screensaver. It would auto dim after a few minutes but was still quite readable. That was an AMOLED screen, and I never had any problems.

WP doesn't seem to have a system clock app, so I tried a few clock apps but they all seem to simulate the same 80s style LED clock designs. The current app I am using is 1:clock.

what is the best WP clock app and how can I avoid damaging the screen on my Icon

Desktop Mode | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So I downloaded desktop mode... And I set it on my 910 charging stand. And it didn't do anything? Any thoughts on how I can get the app to open up when I place the phone on the stand?

If you have the DT-910 then all you have to do is tap the bottom of the stand, then when prompted click accept. If you are running WP8.1 you need to click accept once. That app was to allow non-DT-910 users to use the desktop mode app without the DT-910. I apologize for any confusion.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If you have the DT-910 then all you have to do is tap the bottom of the stand, then when prompted click accept. If you are running WP8.1 you need to click accept once. That app was to allow non-DT-910 users to use the desktop mode app without the DT-910. I apologize for any confusion.

That's okay, not your fault. I wasn't sure if they had somehow found a way to activate the app based solely on being charged by the dt-910. I guess that would be too convenient :)

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't get why we use OLED screens in the first place. I had the 928 for almost a year and I can see faint burn ins. I would rather use an LCD so that it doesn't matter if the same image is on the screen or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6