Wireless Charging Pad for $15 on Daily Steals, hopefully it works with the Icon

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Haven't received mines yet but thanks for the reports. Should be delivered today. I was reading the comments that this is only 1 Amp so it takes longer to charge the phone? Can anybody attest to that? I've been rocking mines without my Incipio Dual Pro case but I'll be sure to report back if it can charge with it on. For $15 I figured I would take the gamble. This will be my first wireless charger base as it seems every time ATT have a sale I missed it or was sold out. I still want an official charge as well.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
wont charge through my minisuit rugged case
edit: does work with my single layer silicon case from Verizon, but its not cool looking like the minisuit :(
edit 2: it will work with the minisuit case if you position it in the precise right spot.

Off topic, but is this the Verizon case that you're using? High Gloss Silicone Cover Nokia Lumia Icon - Black - Verizon Wireless

If so, is it like a stiff plastic, or is it the softer rubbery type? I found a case on Amazon, but it's the stiffer kind, and I really prefer the rubbery ones.

robertc88

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Off topic, but is this the Verizon case that you're using? High Gloss Silicone Cover Nokia Lumia Icon - Black - Verizon Wireless

If so, is it like a stiff plastic, or is it the softer rubbery type? I found a case on Amazon, but it's the stiffer kind, and I really prefer the rubbery ones.

That link didn't take me to where you intended, just some cell phone discounts with specific phones. When I quoted that post and clicked on that link again, it worked. Strange.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

it is soft but holds its shape. i used it exclusively on my nokia 822, i might go back to it on my icon (just doesn't have that cool rugged look). i makes the phone easier to handle than without a case. seems like alot of money for such a plain case but in my mind its worth it for something that works.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
it is soft but holds its shape. i used it exclusively on my nokia 822, i might go back to it on my icon (just doesn't have that cool rugged look). i makes the phone easier to handle than without a case. seems like alot of money for such a plain case but in my mind its worth it for something that works.

Well I get a 25% discount on accessories, so I may give it a shot. :)

Thanks for the info!

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I just tried the second one and that one doesn't even stay connected to my phone even with the case off. I super pissed and going to try to return these

I bought two of them......one "barely" works, and one doesn't work at all...even swapped the power adapters...no go on one. The one that does work is touchy if the phone isn't perfectly in the middle. I have the Incipio Dualpro case. My Nokia Qi chargers work fine with the case. Will send back the DOA one for replacement. They are scratched, so they are definitely refurbs, which I could care less about if they actually worked well.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Haven't received mines yet but thanks for the reports. Should be delivered today. I was reading the comments that this is only 1 Amp so it takes longer to charge the phone? Can anybody attest to that? I've been rocking mines without my Incipio Dual Pro case but I'll be sure to report back if it can charge with it on. For $15 I figured I would take the gamble. This will be my first wireless charger base as it seems every time ATT have a sale I missed it or was sold out. I still want an official charge as well.

well if you can get it to work, it is technically faster than the Nokia one (which is 750mA vs 1A).

I too have a MiniSuit rugged. But mine would not work with my naked phones either (tried a 928 and 8x as well). I tried to return but they said they will just refund me. Good customer service.

Side note, the bed sheets I ordered from the same place are pretty nice!! lol

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I bought two of them......one "barely" works, and one doesn't work at all...even swapped the power adapters...no go on one. The one that does work is touchy if the phone isn't perfectly in the middle. I have the Incipio Dualpro case. My Nokia Qi chargers work fine with the case. Will send back the DOA one for replacement. They are scratched, so they are definitely refurbs, which I could care less about if they actually worked well.

verbatim what my experience was. They will probably just refund you instead of return.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I bought three of those cheap wireless chargers on amzn. two of them were DOA, so I sent them back. one works, but when it is finished charging it has this weird clicking/chirping sound that leaves me thinking the phone is being damaged.

got a free Nokia plate with the Icon. it is smoothness. no more cheapies for me...

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I received mine yesterday, two of them. They do work through my Incipio Dual Pro case, however they are VERY sensitive to placement on the pad. I found that the best positioning is to have the phone aligned so that the side of the phone (long edge) is parallel to the front of the charger and also to have the charging plate slightly off center towards the bottom edge of the phone. Rather annoying how touchy it is in this regard but at least it works.

Another thing to note is that when charging, the red indicator light stays on for roughly the first 60 seconds and then goes into a slow flashing pattern after that. So if you see the light turn off that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't charging... wait and see if it starts doing the slow flash pattern of having something like 12-14 seconds between flashes.

The DROID logo will be getting covered by a sticker... even electrical tape would be an improvement.

As a side note, I bought a couple CHOE Tech chargers off of Amazon for $30 a piece and those are much more forgiving in regards to placement of the phone. I had a third sent to my sister for her 928 and that one has worked for her as well. They are a bit more expensive than these but nicer chargers overall and they can plug into any micro usb cable directly so they don't need an actual outlet like these cheap incipio chargers which I find to be less convenient.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I received mine yesterday, two of them. They do work through my Incipio Dual Pro case, however they are VERY sensitive to placement on the pad. I found that the best positioning is to have the phone aligned so that the side of the phone (long edge) is parallel to the front of the charger and also to have the charging plate slightly off center towards the bottom edge of the phone. Rather annoying how touchy it is in this regard but at least it works.

Another thing to note is that when charging, the red indicator light stays on for roughly the first 60 seconds and then goes into a slow flashing pattern after that. So if you see the light turn off that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't charging... wait and see if it starts doing the slow flash pattern of having something like 12-14 seconds between flashes.

The DROID logo will be getting covered by a sticker... even electrical tape would be an improvement.

As a side note, I bought a couple CHOE Tech chargers off of Amazon for $30 a piece and those are much more forgiving in regards to placement of the phone. I had a third sent to my sister for her 928 and that one has worked for her as well. They are a bit more expensive than these but nicer chargers overall and they can plug into any micro usb cable directly so they don't need an actual outlet like these cheap incipio chargers which I find to be less convenient.

What about this CHOE Tech wireless car charger? Anyone have experience with it? Amazon.com: CHOE UPGRADED Qi Wireless Car Charger Dock with Universal Orienting Windshield / Dashboard and Air Vent Mount for Nexus 5, Lumia 920, Nexus 4, Droid Maxx, Droid Mini, LG G2 and Other Qi Wireless Charger Phones: Cell Phones & Accessories

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I still haven't received mines. I'm in MI so maybe I'm the furthest away from where they shipped. Either that or my Post Office is slow, which very well could be. Tracking shows it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

meir602

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine works with the standard nokia 1520 flip case even when flap is folded over the back, but it does have to be placed just right to get the connection.
Fortunately, the 1520 is large enough to cover-up most of the DROID indicator.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I got mines yesterday. Works fine so far. I used the recommendation of placement of long side of phone parallel to charging station and slightly off centered. Charging went okay and through the night. I was worried about leaving it on there overnight because the phone was warm when I left my case on charging it. But after taking the case off it wasn't as warm when charging. I like that it turns off once the phone is fully charged. Not bad for $15 but I'l still be looking for a deal on an official Nokia one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)