I have Microsoft Account (Hotmail) for email and it syncs fine between phone and when I check email manually using browser. However when I add new email account for Yahoo and Google it doesn't sync right away and when I check email manually using browser the email is still there after few hours or the next day. Is there any official apps for Yahoo Mail or Gmail or how do you have yours set up? Do you use POP or IMAP settings?
    02-25-2014 02:08 PM
    Microsoft accounts have the facility of push notification and therefore you get it immediately. provided you select the option for that as mentioned in how to receive mail immediately using push email | how to windows phone. However for other mails the minimum time you will need to wait is 15 mins.
    02-26-2014 03:02 AM
    Microsoft accounts have the facility of push notification and therefore you get it immediately. provided you select the option for that as mentioned in how to receive mail immediately using push email | how to windows phone. However for other mails the minimum time you will need to wait is 15 mins.
    does this use more battery?
    02-27-2014 12:13 PM
    does this use more battery?
    Typically, Push email uses less since is only makes the connection when it's told there's an email. Pull uses a little more, since it's checking on a regular interval and the more frequent the check, the more battery it uses.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2014 12:29 PM