Charge Port Wear

Tom Gjonaj

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that because of the two retracting lock-in mechanisms on the end of the micro usb chargers that the phones charge port get damaged? After inserting the charger of few times i can see where the two retracting slits are "carving" two paths on each side of the port. Not a big deal but it is noticeable. Take a look at your port and you will see the two carved lines i am talking about.

Tom Gjonaj

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
yeah these two marks would be more inside of the port, and a little on the outside. When the usb makes contact with the port those two pins on each end of the usb port that retract in hit the edge of the port as you insert it.

california86

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
yeah these two marks would be more inside of the port, and a little on the outside. When the usb makes contact with the port those two pins on each end of the usb port that retract in hit the edge of the port as you insert it.

The ports are durable. I have another phone with a micro usb port that I've had for going on 3 years now. It shows the same "wear" as you descirbe, but has never had a problem connecting/charging.

Tom Gjonaj

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
yeah im sure it wont ever ruin the charging ability, I was just concerned about the look. If its showing marks already, I was worried the material around the charge port would eventually chip off

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
yeah im sure it wont ever ruin the charging ability, I was just concerned about the look. If its showing marks already, I was worried the material around the charge port would eventually chip off

Sure if the male Micro USB B part hits the case consistently it could chip it, but if you are careful it won't be a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss