I wanted this phone SO bad

ClickClack

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
What a beautiful device , the bulls , the screen the 1080p the colors etc - perfection ...

Then I read the reviews , the articles the videos , this forum and what do I see? a device that falls way short of doing what a smart phone should do - I can't get notifications ? wait what?

I see all kinds of bugs - ugh

really ticked.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Other than no Glance support and I'm starting to get use to not having it. I've had no major issues with this phone and love it.

I don't store a lot of music, take lengthy videos, nor am I a shutter bug, or have a lot of apps so the 32Gb storage is more than enough for me.

There hasn't been a smartphone that has been released that doesn't have a bug or two an the Icon has no major show stoppers. And the ones that are legit bugs, we know Nokia will fix at some time.

Too each is there own.

Tom Gjonaj

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
yep i am a huge android ******, and former IOS ******. As my first windows phone im loving it. The app store needs improvement but I see more and more every day. Plus who needs all the dumb games IOS and Android has when we have Halo! lol

I haven't had any issues so far, except the huge delay in app update notifications from the windows store.

madbiologist

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
What are your specific concerns beyond can't get notifications? All windows phones get notifications and show them through live tiles and also on the lock screen. If you don't pin an app/put it on the lock screen that you need notifications for then no you won't see them until you open the app.

What you've said is not the same as not having a notification center like android or apple, but that feature is also coming in spring/summer if you desperately need that.

What are you're other concerns about the phone that others with one might be able to address? Most reviews I've see except for the verge have been very positive about the icon (see endgadget, pocketnow, PC magazine, etc), so it's also unclear which source you're using. Fwiw I have a 920 so I can't comment outside if wp in general... But I'm happy to comment on that.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I mean the hype of the device is accurate! You seem shocked that it is running WP which we knew it was going to have and have been familiar with it for quite a while now. As far as the hype for the device, I don't think the hype does it as much justice as it should!

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
OP's point is you can't tell without pressing a button whether there is a notification awaiting you. Most android phones have a light. Most windows phones have Glance. Not sure about fruit phones. I can't even tell whether this thing is charging unless I turn on the screen.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
OP's point is you can't tell without pressing a button whether there is a notification awaiting you. Most android phones have a light. Most windows phones have Glance. Not sure about fruit phones. I can't even tell whether this thing is charging unless I turn on the screen.

IPhones dont have that feature either. Only certain android phones.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
What a beautiful device , the bulls , the screen the 1080p the colors etc - perfection ...

Then I read the reviews , the articles the videos , this forum and what do I see? a device that falls way short of doing what a smart phone should do - I can't get notifications ? wait what?

I see all kinds of bugs - ugh

really ticked.

Look at my avatar and ask yourself what kind of person you really want to be ...

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
hey how about you read this: 5" 1080p screen 99% would say perfect!! New quad core processor!!!! 32gb built in!! Qi wireless charging built in!!!!! Omg I'm on att don't get me started on qi!!!wp8.1 right around the corner, many will say its over for the competition...including me! My 1520 is so sweet and fast not the perfect size but not bad at all either. The icon with 5" 1080p is perfect with a bit more ppi than the 1520 so go buy this phone and you tell me if it sucks!!

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
yep i am a huge android ******, and former IOS ******. As my first windows phone im loving it. The app store needs improvement but I see more and more every day. Plus who needs all the dumb games IOS and Android has when we have Halo! lol

I haven't had any issues so far, except the huge delay in app update notifications from the windows store.
yeah same here seems like its been taking longer for app updates to show up!

Shouvik Mazumdar

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I love the trolls who disguise as great journalists and cries the same app gap problem. A power user , have android , iOS bth , yet love my 1520 and trust me never missed any app. May be am dumb but thats how i am :)

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

iPhones don't have any indicators either.

Wah, I have to press a button to see notifications. Cry me a river!

ClickClack

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
People on this forum above are saying phone is buggy .

You can't talk icon without talking OS. OS is like the bread of a sandwich - if the bread sucks so does the sangwich.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb