I wanted this phone SO bad

Garrymp

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Call quality is as good as I've ever had on a cell phone.

I couldn't agree more with on the call quality. I was blown away by how loud and clear the ear speaker is. I don't ever use full volume. The speaker phone is also very loud. In my experience I have no clue what they are talking about when they say the call quality is bad. Are they in a cave....on a mountain??

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
That's horrendous tough right ? No you tube app?

Is there an xm app?

Knock off apps ? Yeesh ... I mean WP OS comes off as worse than blackberry is these days .

No google now talk. ?

Limited phone - limiting my options .. Not good @ all .

I wanted to love this phone , hardware is awesome .

Listen... Why use the first-party app if there's a third-party app that has more features and a better UI than the first-party app on any other platform? The software is awesome which is why WP has the highest customer satisfaction ratings.

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
A river? Sorry Hondo, it is a big deal. Maybe not to you, but it is a legitimate complaint about the device. Don't be a ******, just cause it ain't nothing to you don't mean it ain't nothing.

I spent years with Android. I assume you mean that there is not a notification drop down? WP has notifications... It tells you when you have a new email. It shows you what the email says... How much more notification do you need? Personally I spent more time trying to clear the "notifications" on Android. How is it not a notification if you get an email, it makes a noise, it puts a #1 on the tile and gives you the text of the email? What am I missing? Yes, you don't have to constantly drop down a slide and "clean" it constantly, but it still notifies you.

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I spent years with Android. I assume you mean that there is not a notification drop down? WP has notifications... It tells you when you have a new email. It shows you what the email says... How much more notification do you need? Personally I spent more time trying to clear the "notifications" on Android. How is it not a notification if you get an email, it makes a noise, it puts a #1 on the tile and gives you the text of the email? What am I missing? Yes, you don't have to constantly drop down a slide and "clean" it constantly, but it still notifies you.

No, my issue is without an LED or Glance, unless I glue the phone to my hand I won't know if I miss a call or text until I pick up and power on. A deal breaker? Maybe, maybe not, but a simple feature that amazingly was left off this phone. I don't live with my phone, so it's nice to be able to walk by it on the desk and see SOME kind of indication that there is something there without picking it up and powering it on...probably why Glance was created in the first place. I'd be happy with the dumb Windows button pulsing, something, anything...

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
They all have their drawbacks. I recently purchased an Android and honestly can't stand that I can't see whether I got an email, text, FB notification, etc. I find myself CONSTANTLY waking the phone up to see what notification I did get. The WP method of waking the phone up to display your notification is really productive. I hear there are apps that can accomplish this on the Android side but it's aggravating and I haven't found one that works appropriately.

I don't really think you need a flashing light when it will show you your exact text when it's received. Also, not sure it's really worth debating whether it's easier to pull down from the top to see a notification or just look at a live tile.

Add to that the annoyance of not knowing who texted you or what came through when you're playing a game on Android. It's amazing to see how much all of these OS' lack after all of these years.

Starrbuck

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
A river? Sorry Hondo, it is a big deal. Maybe not to you, but it is a legitimate complaint about the device. Don't be a ******, just cause it ain't nothing to you don't mean it ain't nothing.

Definitely not for me, as I was having to press a button to see notifications on my iPhone 5 as well. And let's grow up and reply without the name-calling, eh?

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Then I read the reviews , the articles the videos , this forum and what do I see? a device that falls way short of doing what a smart phone should do - I can't get notifications ? wait what?

I get notified when I have calls, voicemails, text messages, Whatsapp messages... even emails if I want my phone chiming every ten minutes. What notifications have you not received?

I see all kinds of bugs - ugh

really ticked.

What phone do you know of that doesn't have a forum reporting bugs?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
No notifications Clickie? Your phone is broken. With mine, I get a chime, and a notification on the glance screen. I click through the glance screen and have another notification on the lock screen. I get past that and there's a toast notification and a bank of tiles notifying me. If you haven't got the message by that stage, what could possibly do it for you? An awooga siren and an electric shock to your hip pocket? Possibly your phone should call a friend for you and have them come round and tap you on the shoulder?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss