Icon clock on charging stand

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how long is to long? I've been using a nite clock that stays in a fixed position for a couple weeks now each night. I've noticed no burn issue, but should this be a concern?

If it's an amoled screen, and the image doesn't move, yes it's a concern. My suggestion is to stop using that app.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Tried the "desktop" mode app for a clock and it changes position besides having a dimming feature. Win/Win. Wouldn't have known if not for this thread. Thanks everyone.

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Okay, crickets...

So, I have the DT-910 (or whatever) official stand. Tap+send is one. When I put it on the charger, it makes the chime, then, nothing. I picked up the base and tapped the bottom to the phone, and I got the setup screen, selected the app "desktop mode", but that's in some cycle and won't start.

My (larger) question is, the NFC doesn't seem to be triggering just from being placed in the cradle. Is it supposed to?

For work, I have a Blackberry. An old, broke azz Blackberry. I have a desktop charger. When I put the BB in the charger, it automatically goes in to "bedside mode". The screen dims way down, and a clock comes on the screen (and the alarm, if active). Now, surely if this relic can operate so simply, a modern marvel like the Icon can, right? So what am I missing? Other than Glance?

CommieCOZY

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Okay, crickets...

So, I have the DT-910 (or whatever) official stand. Tap+send is one. When I put it on the charger, it makes the chime, then, nothing. I picked up the base and tapped the bottom to the phone, and I got the setup screen, selected the app "desktop mode", but that's in some cycle and won't start.

My (larger) question is, the NFC doesn't seem to be triggering just from being placed in the cradle. Is it supposed to?

For work, I have a Blackberry. An old, broke azz Blackberry. I have a desktop charger. When I put the BB in the charger, it automatically goes in to "bedside mode". The screen dims way down, and a clock comes on the screen (and the alarm, if active). Now, surely if this relic can operate so simply, a modern marvel like the Icon can, right? So what am I missing? Other than Glance?
First, do a soft reset on your phone.
Go to settings -> accessories:
wp_ss_20140313_0005.png

Select your charging stand:
wp_ss_20140313_0006.png
and make sure the app "Weather & Calendar" is selected.
wp_ss_20140313_0003.png

In the future, when you tap the back of the phone to the base of the charger this will pop-up:
wp_ss_20140313_0004.png

Tapping accept will take you to the app:
wp_ss_20140313_0002.png

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So basically, you have to do the NFC tap and accept the prompt every time you want to run this app on the charging stand. In 8.1 there will be no prompt to accept after you've accepted it before.

It's still not all that useful.

primortal

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So, to be clear, I have to pick up the stand and tap it to the back of the phone?

You don't need to pickup the stand. If you look at the base of the stand towards the front you'll see 'nfc'. Tap the phone near the text and you'll be prompted and bingo the app (hopefully) launches.

Like so,
2013-02-04%2019.42.24%20HDR.jpg

(picture courtesy of http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/reviews/item/16782_Nokia_DT-910_Wireless_Charging.php_)

Then rest the phone on the cradle and it's off charging.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay, crickets...

The NFC antenna is toward the top of the phone. Tapping the bottom of the phone does nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923