custom notifications

Miles Barnard

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Nokia icon for 3 days. Coming over as long time blackberry user so I'm trudging up the learning curve. By far my biggest (and so far my only) disappointment is in the lack of notification customization. What I mean is the ability to set the phone to vibrate, or ring or not ring, or to only notify for texts and nothing else. Or only email and nothing else. Vibrate short for texts and long for emails. Whatever. There seems to be a really limited set of options for this. Can folks comment on this? Since I'm so new to the phone I'm hoping I'm just missing these features and they actually exist.

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. I too an trudging along, too. I am in serious LIKE with the phone, but I want to love it. I think right now you can no do dat. I hear-tell of a magical beast called 8.1 that is supposed to drop, and this will supposedly be an option...

TakCorrect me if I'm wrong, boys.

Take a look at the Samsung Huron, a WP for Verizon. People here bash Samsung, but I have an S4 and I like it fine. An S4 with WP would be dandy for me...

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WP. The notification center will arrive at around April 2. That's the rumor around here.

Miles Barnard

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Okay. I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait for 8.1 but also expected that might address these issues. One more month of Mickey mouse notification capability then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss