Short Battery Lifespan

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I never turn GPS off, and I have Glance turned on (though not double-tap to wake). I found the only WP8 service that really caused a major drain was NFC, but I haven't had that thing turned on since Portico hit my phone. Just don't have a use for NFC.

reidbp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Haven't charged since this morning and have 68% battery left after a pretty standard days use. My GS3 would be near dead by now, granted I have less battery-sucking apps on this phone than I did on the GS3.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
holy cow, things are getting better. left home at 7:30am and did mostly light-usage today but probably an hour of hotspot. at 10pm it's at 45%!!! I'm stunned.

have a wireless charger at work but did not use it today. maybe things will be fine. I sure don't want to return this beauty.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Here are some screenshots after a day at work, one of my 12 hour days. This is a handful of phone calls, roughly 40-50 texts. 5-6 internet searches and 3-4 downloads of videos from OneDrive to show coworkers. I did not run on wifi at work at I cannot due to network security settings. Bluetooth, GPS are both on. Screen set to auto. I would maybe suggest slowly removing apps one by one to see if there is something draining in the background you are unaware of.wp_ss_20140303_0001.pngwp_ss_20140303_0007.jpgwp_ss_20140303_0005.jpgwp_ss_20140303_0006.jpgwp_ss_20140303_0004.jpgwp_ss_20140303_0003.jpg

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I used the tips on my ICON from the wpcentral battery saving post (the link posted above) and I gained a ton of battery time. I did turn of NFC, but left bluetooth on for the car. I wish I'd have seen that post when I had my 928. Anyway, my Icon is doing MUCH better with the new settings. I did also turn off the "notifiy me when new networks are found" and "automatically connect to hot spots". I'm sure constant searching for wifi drains it quickly. I have my wifi networks set for the office and at home and it works fine. If I'm in a restaurant or other place, I'll "look" for wifi if I need it.

On my 928, I only disabled a bunch of background tasks, not all the extra items in the wpcentral post. Disabling background tasks apparently doesn't do much.

Btw......mine has jumped WAY up:

Remaining battery life: 71%
Estimated time remaining:20 hours
TIME SINCE LAST CHARGE: 16 HOURS

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
but it's more likely that Nokia ran into space issues and couldn't fit a bigger battery in the phone or they were just cutting costs.
With the creaky back cover that has some give to it, it would seem that there is some extra space in there. :smile:
Compared to my former HTC ONE this battery rocks. :cool: Getting thru the day is where it's at for me. Beyond that isn't necessary since I charge nightly. The icon does that and with my pretty heavy usage.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I used the tips on my ICON from the wpcentral battery saving post (the link posted above) and I gained a ton of battery time. I did turn of NFC, but left bluetooth on for the car. I wish I'd have seen that post when I had my 928. Anyway, my Icon is doing MUCH better with the new settings. I did also turn off the "notifiy me when new networks are found" and "automatically connect to hot spots". I'm sure constant searching for wifi drains it quickly. I have my wifi networks set for the office and at home and it works fine. If I'm in a restaurant or other place, I'll "look" for wifi if I need it.

On my 928, I only disabled a bunch of background tasks, not all the extra items in the wpcentral post. Disabling background tasks apparently doesn't do much.

Btw......mine has jumped WAY up:

Remaining battery life: 71%
Estimated time remaining:20 hours
TIME SINCE LAST CHARGE: 16 HOURS

turning off the text message back up and app backup helps as well.u can always manually back up apps

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Battery Performance | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I don't really use it because my battery life is great and I'm always pretty confident in it. It'd just be another thing running in the background and consuming battery. But it's great for figuring out how your phone is performing throughout the day if you're not sure.

Yeah, I had the same concerns which is why I went with the simplest battery monitoring app I could find. Hopefully with 8.1, we can do away with all these battery apps since it'll be built into the OS.

howiewolverine

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Here is one suggestion that may or may not apply to you. With my 822, I would experience email-sync delays at my office due to a weak WIFI signal. I changed a default setting so that the phone would use cellular data when there is a limited WIFI signal. Not only did that resolve my sync issues, but it also dramatically increased my battery performance. I now have the Icon set the same way - 11 hours of moderate use, 81% battery life remaining.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Here is one suggestion that may or may not apply to you. With my 822, I would experience email-sync delays at my office due to a weak WIFI signal. I changed a default setting so that the phone would use cellular data when there is a limited WIFI signal. Not only did that resolve my sync issues, but it also dramatically increased my battery performance. I now have the Icon set the same way - 11 hours of moderate use, 81% battery life remaining.

How's that work? I always assumed that WiFi use, even when weak, is more power efficient than data.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I'm unplugging my phone now at 5:15 at 99%. Not taking a screenshot because it's a hassle to upload pictures at work. Will update when I need to charge again.

How's that work? I always assumed that WiFi use, even when weak, is more power efficient than data.

I think it becomes less efficient if your phone needs to make multiple attempts to communicate to the email server due to a poor connection. I could be wrong though.

howiewolverine

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Works well. My layperson's impression is that it was just grinding away, trying to sync up to a signal that was not strong enough. Now everything syncs perfectly, and I haven't noticed a meaningful increase in my data usage. And like I said before, my battery performance is much improved.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Works well. My layperson's impression is that it was just grinding away, trying to sync up to a signal that was not strong enough. Now everything syncs perfectly, and I haven't noticed a meaningful increase in my data usage. And like I said before, my battery performance is much improved.

Interesting. Well considering I have 2gb of data to use and I barely use any because I'm constantly on WiFi, I guess i'll give this a shot as well.

K Boston

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
12 hours and 40 minutes since last charge. 19 hours 20 minutes remaining. My Icons battery is at 63% charge left. Again, no issues with the battery life at all.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
today was another wonder. left home before 7am, just got home at 10pm. 46% left.

admittedly, there was about a five-hour stretch where it just sat in my pocket, but I'm still impressed.

btw I do have the setting enabled where it uses internet when wifi is weak.

I also disabled all background processes. may re-enable weather and news, is annoying when they don't update.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok plugging in my phone to charge now for the first time since yesterday. Almost 22 hours and I still have 21% left.

wp_ss_20140305_0001.jpg

This is after a lot of usage last night browsing the internet, using email, WPcentral app, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven