03-05-2014 09:17 PM
61 123
tools
    Battery Performance | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I don't really use it because my battery life is great and I'm always pretty confident in it. It'd just be another thing running in the background and consuming battery. But it's great for figuring out how your phone is performing throughout the day if you're not sure.
    Yeah, I had the same concerns which is why I went with the simplest battery monitoring app I could find. Hopefully with 8.1, we can do away with all these battery apps since it'll be built into the OS.
    03-04-2014 03:43 PM
    Here is one suggestion that may or may not apply to you. With my 822, I would experience email-sync delays at my office due to a weak WIFI signal. I changed a default setting so that the phone would use cellular data when there is a limited WIFI signal. Not only did that resolve my sync issues, but it also dramatically increased my battery performance. I now have the Icon set the same way - 11 hours of moderate use, 81% battery life remaining.
    03-04-2014 03:55 PM
    turning off the text message back up and app backup helps as well.u can always manually back up apps

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    03-04-2014 03:58 PM
    Here is one suggestion that may or may not apply to you. With my 822, I would experience email-sync delays at my office due to a weak WIFI signal. I changed a default setting so that the phone would use cellular data when there is a limited WIFI signal. Not only did that resolve my sync issues, but it also dramatically increased my battery performance. I now have the Icon set the same way - 11 hours of moderate use, 81% battery life remaining.
    How's that work? I always assumed that WiFi use, even when weak, is more power efficient than data.
    03-04-2014 04:11 PM
    Ok, I'm unplugging my phone now at 5:15 at 99%. Not taking a screenshot because it's a hassle to upload pictures at work. Will update when I need to charge again.

How's that work? I always assumed that WiFi use, even when weak, is more power efficient than data.
    I think it becomes less efficient if your phone needs to make multiple attempts to communicate to the email server due to a poor connection. I could be wrong though.
    03-04-2014 04:16 PM
    Works well. My layperson's impression is that it was just grinding away, trying to sync up to a signal that was not strong enough. Now everything syncs perfectly, and I haven't noticed a meaningful increase in my data usage. And like I said before, my battery performance is much improved.
    03-04-2014 04:18 PM
    Works well. My layperson's impression is that it was just grinding away, trying to sync up to a signal that was not strong enough. Now everything syncs perfectly, and I haven't noticed a meaningful increase in my data usage. And like I said before, my battery performance is much improved.
    Interesting. Well considering I have 2gb of data to use and I barely use any because I'm constantly on WiFi, I guess i'll give this a shot as well.
    03-04-2014 04:23 PM
    12 hours and 40 minutes since last charge. 19 hours 20 minutes remaining. My Icons battery is at 63% charge left. Again, no issues with the battery life at all.
    03-04-2014 06:02 PM
    today was another wonder. left home before 7am, just got home at 10pm. 46% left.

admittedly, there was about a five-hour stretch where it just sat in my pocket, but I'm still impressed.

btw I do have the setting enabled where it uses internet when wifi is weak.

I also disabled all background processes. may re-enable weather and news, is annoying when they don't update.
    03-04-2014 09:12 PM
    Ok plugging in my phone to charge now for the first time since yesterday. Almost 22 hours and I still have 21% left.

wp_ss_20140305_0001.jpg

This is after a lot of usage last night browsing the internet, using email, WPcentral app, etc.
    03-05-2014 02:05 PM
    Left the house at 7am, now it is 10pm. 50% left!!!!

Admittedly it was a light usage day, but I never once topped it off.

Now my only complaint is that the phone is slippery. Could put a case on it, but it's just too pretty not to mention a bit big for my hands as it is...
    03-05-2014 09:17 PM
61 123