I've been reading more & more questions asking about the battery of the ICON & how the battery life is terrible so here are the settings I change to get a days worth of battery (off charger @ 6:45, back on charger @ midnight, usually 10-15% left when put on the charger) with moderate/heavy to heavy use daily:

email+accounts: email accounts set to download new content every 15 or 30 min
    internet sharing: off
    lock screen: 30 sec
    bluetooth: off
    tap+send: off
    cellular: change from global mode to LTE & CDMA
    kid's corner: off
    battery saver: on
    brightness: auto
    display: sunlight readability-on, battery saver brightness-on

Applications

Bacground tasks: turn off all apps that you don't want to run in the background
    games: connect w/ xbox-off
    music+videos: connect w/ xbox music-off, xbox music cloud-off

I have found the ICON lasts longer than my old 928 by about 10-15%
    Last edited by Robinsonmac; 03-03-2014 at 03:33 AM.
    antonius138 likes this.
    03-03-2014 02:27 AM
    Thanks, a few of these settings I didn't think about (below). I don't want to leave Bluetooth turned off because I have bluetooth in my truck and it connects/disconnects automatically when I start/turn off my truck. There is no way I want to remember to turn on/off BT each time I get into my truck.

tap+send: off
    cellular: change from global mode to LTE & CDMA
    03-03-2014 11:18 PM
    For the most part I keep tap+send off and wifi is off unless I am uploading to OneDrive as it requires it. At the moment, I am getting 2 days of moderate use from my battery on one charge.
    03-04-2014 01:19 PM
    Don't worry about turning off Bluetooth. I leave mine on constantly because it hooks automatically to my car through Sync. This and the GPS have almost no impact on battery life when left on. Only when they are being used, where GPS can, of course, tend to be more power hungry. Most location aware services only peg the GPS occasionally, so they don't tend to drain the battery. The other settings have more impact, especially the background tasks and the NFC coil (Tap+Send).
    03-07-2014 09:24 AM
    This worked like a champ! I now get about 25-30 hours in between charges with moderate use.
    03-07-2014 05:06 PM
    جيد

Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro2_294 using Tapatalk
    03-07-2014 05:07 PM
    Anyone keeping tap+send on? Any reason why? I realized I never once opened and used the "bump" app on my iphone 4 in 3 years, and considering I had to google "NFC capable devices" I doubt there's going to be a need to keep tap+send on.
    03-08-2014 10:33 AM
    Don't forget to condition your battery by burning it down to 0% (or at least where it shuts itself down), then performing a full charge to 100%. I did this three times (likely overkill) the 4th, 5th and 6th day I had the Icon and it made a HUGE difference.

Instead of being at 25% or less by end of day, I'd be at 50%. Much better help than the ridiculous lists to turn off features I want to have enabled.
    03-09-2014 03:08 PM
    Don't forget to condition your battery by burning it down to 0% (or at least where it shuts itself down), then performing a full charge to 100%. I did this three times (likely overkill) the 4th, 5th and 6th day I had the Icon and it made a HUGE difference.

Instead of being at 25% or less by end of day, I'd be at 50%. Much better help than the ridiculous lists to turn off features I want to have enabled.
    You don't need to condition lithium ion batteries. It's actually a bad thing to do to them. Ni-cad are the ones you condition.

That said I've tried every trick to make the battery life better and it's just not enough for me.

I use my phone a lot. So far the only phone to keep up with me is the note 3.

I'm really torn because I like wp better but I like the battery and size of the note.

Probably going to end up selling my icon and wait for something more fitting running wp.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    03-09-2014 09:38 PM