Case or no case

johnnyshinta

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
The only case that Verizon had that I liked was the incipio feather. It is a good case and the only thing that annoys me is since the icons glass is curved outward it creates a little crevice on either side of the display where the cases lip is. Dust collects there and its a pain to get it out. Not to mention really ugly. So I decided to take the case off.

What about you?

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I prefer not to have a case, but it would annoy me much much more if my phone was cracked or broken. So I have to cover it with an ugly otterbox case.

johnnyshinta

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Can't go with an otterbox. Just too bulky. The only cases they had were the incipio feather and the Verizon shell holster combo. Unfortunately the feather won't help much with a drop. Just kinda helps with scratches.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
The only case that Verizon had that I liked was the incipio feather. It is a good case and the only thing that annoys me is since the icons glass is curved outward it creates a little crevice on either side of the display where the cases lip is. Dust collects there and its a pain to get it out. Not to mention really ugly. So I decided to take the case off.

What about you?

Both the Verizon store and the Microsoft store I visited had a great supply of cases. I ended up buying at the Microsoft store (because of the free QI charging stand with phone purchase) and I got the Incipio feather case. I like it actually, and I have gotten many comments on my phone's looks. I was actually concerned that it might be not thick enough to protect the phone if I dropped it, but haven't pulled the trigger on something more substantial yet. With the feather case, the phone feels compact.

I just noticed now that I was developing some dust at the edges of the curved screen - just as you have described. I don't think it's a problem, and I really don't think I am confident enough that I will never drop the phone to go without a case. I have, however, resisted the urge to slap a screen protector on it. So far GG3 is holding up just fine. Nary a scratch. Hopefully I made the right choice.

robertc88

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I got the Incipio feather myself yesterday. I wanted to have something on the Icon ASAP and there aren't lots of choices yet so I'll make due with this one. Nothing wrong with it per se that I feel I need something else really to tell the truth and it gives some piece of mind! :)

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Too beautiful for a case. And too big, also - who wants it bigger?

Got the MSFT store protection plan. If I drop it twice, I'll buy a case.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a leather pouch from my razr maxx. It's not a perfect fit, sticking out a tad on the end, but it does give it protection in a drop while in the case anyway. I take it out and use it caseless which i like. Of course if it gets dropped while out then ?? I also have a dual pro ordered and if I like it I'll be using that. But at least I've got a couple of choices.

WScottCross

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the kickstand case from Verizon. I always wear the holster on my belt so that limits my choices. I don't think it adds significant bulk to the phone and the kickstand is a nice feature.

LumiaIcon

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I like the way the phone looks without a case. I have insurance.

Ditto. I never use a case. Never really beat up my pphone and have generally never had an issue. So far I have never cracked a screen on any phones. By the time the thing wears out a bit it will be time for a switch on the edge program anyway.

bossrgr

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I never used to like cases, but I swear by them now. Especially since I paid outright for the Icon lol. But I am using the oterbox defender. Yeah, its a bit bulky. But I'm not worried about a thing anymore.

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
No case for me. I try and keep my phone looking nice but I hate the bulkiness of cases. Most of the time I just try and keep my phones in stands, and on soft surfaces.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99