Attention Developers: Free Gold App Idea for Icon!

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Any developers out there, maybe one can seize this idea and make some dough (all I ask for is a free version for seeding the idea. Just the kind of guy I am).

Is it possible to develop a clock/notification screen that stays on while the phone is being charged? Many of us chronic lack-of-Glance complainers user wireless charging, and if I could at least see the screen and notifications while it was on the mat, that would be enough. And I would pay for it (even though I shouldn't have to, but that's another thread).

There are several clock and nightstand apps out there, where the brightness is dialed way down, can notifications be added? Is such a feat possible, or is this a flight of fancy?

Trying to hang in there, but the lack of a notification stings just as much now as it did on the 20th (luckily I have a 30 return).

Any takers?

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
this will end up causing screen burns and blobs on your screen, some already experience it with glance, could be a great idea but has a downside

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Even with the brightness dimmed to lowest and the info moving around? My wife uses a night stand app as a clock that does this already...

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm leaning toward this considering you want to see notifications. I'm not sure WP allows other apps to see notification states.

That would figure...worth a try I guess...I'm afraid Nokia is sending me running into the arms of Samsung. I'm sold on the OS, disappointed in the execution of this unit...

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
That would figure...worth a try I guess...I'm afraid Nokia is sending me running into the arms of Samsung. I'm sold on the OS, disappointed in the execution of this unit...

It's not Nokia. Judging by your posts here, you've wanted to jump to Android for a while.

ret18057

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
It's not Nokia. Judging by your posts here, you've wanted to jump to Android for a while.

Well, Kage the Sage, thank you for the scrub of my posts to determine my subjective intent. Nokia built the phone, Verizon didn't. Nokia stammers why Glance doesn't work. For the record, I jumped to WP from Android, and am trying to find reasons to stay. Most of you here have been helpful in answering questions and getting me acclimated, which I appreciate immensely. If you want a private club of people who think WP is whizz bang fine and anyone who dares question it not worthy, this will be a lonely place for the few of you who remain. I'm the demo you want to convert, taking market share away from Google and Apple, so maybe apps get developed at the same speed as the major platforms. But I calls 'em like I sees 'em...And the the Icon is almost there...almost...

Peace to you, Maru...

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, Kage the Sage, thank you for the scrub of my posts to determine my subjective intent. Nokia built the phone, Verizon didn't. Nokia stammers why Glance doesn't work. For the record, I jumped to WP from Android, and am trying to find reasons to stay. Most of you here have been helpful in answering questions and getting me acclimated, which I appreciate immensely. If you want a private club of people who think WP is whizz bang fine and anyone who dares question it not worthy, this will be a lonely place for the few of you who remain. I'm the demo you want to convert, taking market share away from Google and Apple, so maybe apps get developed at the same speed as the major platforms. But I calls 'em like I sees 'em...And the the Icon is almost there...almost...

Peace to you, Maru...

That wasn't meant as a passing insult or anything, it was just the way I viewed it. The problem isn't Nokia, no company can make a phone for everyone. I don't think everyone here should think WP is the greatest thing in the world. If people thought that, we wouldn't have all of the new features coming in 8.1. In fact I defended another poster recently because he was thinking differently from everyone else.

I am just able to tell that the questions you've had, the comments you've made, and the needs you've expressed show that WP isn't for you quite yet. Maybe when 8.1 hits and new phones are out, you'll have a better experience with WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos