From TechRadar

ClickClack

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Of course, the most important thing here is the display, which measures 5" diagonally and has a 1920 x 1080 resolution. That give us a pixel density of 441 PPI. Couple that resolution with Nokia's ClearBlack display technology and you should have a sight for sore eyes.

However, it appears as though Nokia went with a PenTile arrangement with the Lumia Icon. Text doesn't look very sharp, and images on web pages and apps look completely awful. Instagram, Facebook and web photos, for example, appear to be washed out and look a little pixelated.

The display's colors are rich and high in contrast, and the high brightness and ClearBlack technology make it easier to view in bright conditions. However, where this counts most - in pictures - it is very hit or miss, mostly miss.

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Everything is sharp and crystal clear on mine, even very small text is crisp and readable. I cannot make out any pixels at all. Love it and have wowed everyone I have shown it to in person.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
1.) Techradar blows. For months leading up to MWC, they published that Nokia would be releasing a whole new line of wp8's at MWC. 1820, 1525, 930, etc... Bunch of bologna. They should not be taken as a reliable source for anything because their editors are garbage.

2.) Take some time to learn about Pentile display vs RGB. You'll find that Pentile displays are often considered better for AMOLED displays overall.

3.) High quality 1080p in a 5 inch device makes the potentially grainy feature of Pentile displays unnoticeable.

The reviewer in this article was speaking out of his ***. He saw on a spec sheet that the NL Icon was Pentile and thus decided to spout off whatever little he knows about Pentile displays from previous generation devices. He was essentially just typing for the sake of typing... Kinda like you seem to be doing on most of your posts. Before I posted, there was 8 posts in this thread, and 5 of them were yours. Stop trolling.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The display has been one of the best features of the phone for me. Washed out???? Either he got a bad phone, is color blind or a troll.

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
What could this reviewer be referring to then?

Their inner ******.

Funny how they complain about the screen quality on this phone but they talk about how impressive the screen looks in their Note 3 review which is also Pentile:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | TechRadar

Really with so many reviews talking about this being one of the best displays out there, how the hell could you take this review serious or even think it was a good idea posting it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3