So I cams from an iPhone 5s and never really had issues with batteries. The Icon has a bigger battery but I'm finding less battery life. There are 2 things that my battery app suggests doing but I'm not sure if its really necessary.

Will turning off location services save battery? I know when I had android I could keep GPS off but leave cell location on. This is like the iPhone where its on or off and its a pain to have to keep going into settings to flip the switch. If it won't save much battery then there isn't a point in that effort.

Also when the phone is connected to WiFi it seems like the cell days isn't disabled like it is on android and iPhone. Is this actually the case and if so will disabling cell data while on WiFi save significant battery?
    03-05-2014 05:53 AM
    Here's a whole article for you in regards to saving battery on WP8.

17 tips to extend battery life on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central
    rockstarzzz likes this.
    03-05-2014 06:11 AM
    Thanks. That was helpful 😊
    03-05-2014 08:13 AM
    It doesn't mention location services. Does anyone know if turning it off saves significant battery?
    03-05-2014 10:21 AM
    Also time. Its takes 1-2 weeks for battery life to normalize. And referring to another thread in the forums, it seems as though this normalizing period is much more drastic on the Icon than other devices!
    03-05-2014 10:24 AM
    I'm not sure how you manage to get LESS battery life than on an iPhone.

First of all, I'd get rid of any third-party battery indicating app, they are a huge strain on your battery.
    Robinsonmac likes this.
    03-05-2014 10:26 AM
    I'm not sure how you manage to get LESS battery life than on an iPhone.

First of all, I'd get rid of any third-party battery indicating app, they are a huge strain on your battery.
    Exactly! It's Just another app constantly running in the background slowly draining your battery
    03-05-2014 10:29 AM
    Exactly! It's Just another app constantly running in the background slowly draining your battery
    Yes, but, of course, the trade-off is knowing more about your battery usage which should help you even more on how to save more battery.
    03-05-2014 11:55 AM
    you can always click on Settings and scroll down to battery saver, which has a readout of % even before you click onthe feature

it's been 7 hours since I left this morning and I'm still on 82%. wow. but then again, I am coming from an HTC Thunderbolt and its 5-hour battery life :-)
    03-05-2014 01:22 PM
    I appreciate everyone's feedback. The tips that were given were very helpful. But does anyone turn location services off when not using them?
    03-08-2014 04:57 PM
    I leave location services on, so can't tell you what the impact of turning it off would be. I do turn off NFC. I leave wi-fi on all the time, same with bluetooth.
    My Icon is still very new, so I don't think that the battery is properly conditioned yet, but it has been 12 hours since I took it off the charger and I have 53% battery charge left.
    This is with moderate use. I think that is pretty good!
    03-08-2014 09:10 PM
    That is much more than in getting. However I can't seem to put it down since its new and I love playing with it lol
    03-09-2014 08:58 AM