Defective phone or just the way it is?

Brightness set to automatic and black background. When reading with the Kindle app, the text on the top of the screen are white. The text at the bottom of the screen seem pink-ish. If you change to a white background and brightness set to automatic you can see the difference in the top half of the screen from the lower. Less noticeable as you increase the brightness but still there.

The screen on my surface doesn't do that.
    03-05-2014 06:25 AM
    Mine was like that, so I exchanged it and the replacement is not like that. If it bothers you a lot, see if they'll give you a new one.
    03-05-2014 06:50 AM
    My first phone was like that also,I returned it and the second phone is perfect.
    03-05-2014 03:06 PM
    I returned 3 because of that 2 times on the top half and once on the bottom, definitely a problem with that.

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
    03-05-2014 11:48 PM
    I returned my first two Icons because of the same problem. Make your background white, then go to settings, or from home swipe over to the apps menu. It's easy to tell from there. On my first Icon, it was a pink hue at the bottom and yellow-ish at the top. On my second Icon, it was vice versa and even worse than my first. My third Icon was just right. People talk about Nokia's superior build quality, but from my experience with this and the 928, Nokia's QA/QC has become absent from their phone assembly and testing.
    03-06-2014 09:36 AM
    I returned my first two Icons because of the same problem. Make your background white, then go to settings, or from home swipe over to the apps menu. It's easy to tell from there. On my first Icon, it was a pink hue at the bottom and yellow-ish at the top. On my second Icon, it was vice versa and even worse than my first. My third Icon was just right. People talk about Nokia's superior build quality, but from my experience with this and the 928, Nokia's QA/QC has become absent from their phone assembly and testing.
    I would honestly chalk it up to early production issues. It's not uncommon to have a slightly higher percentage of faulty units during early productions runs with any piece of technology.
    03-06-2014 11:41 AM