Lumia Icon on Straight Talk?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Can someone run their ESN through Welcome | Straight Talk and see if they say it is compatible. The morons at ST (great service, stupid support) say this is the only way to know and I'm not going to buy one just to find out they don't support it. I want to know if the Verizon LTE side is supported so that's why the ESN needs verifying.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Verizon, to the best of my knowledge, does not offer LTE service through Straight Talk or any other MVNO. Limited to 3G only through Straight Talk for Verizon Phones.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
yeah I doubt that. Verizon would need to have the ESN registered active in their network to get LTE provisioned. and even then they'd need someone to charge roaming back to if it was on T-Mobile for instance. I'll just take the previous poster's advice that Verizon isn't handing out LTE to mvnos.

phyo21

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I am using icon on straight talk using tmobile sim. It gets LTE service. I have tried using at&t sim too, but unfortunately at&t limit their LTE to at&t branded phones only hence only 3g for icon.
Only little problem on tmobile is that the signal meter will show no service when the phone is on LTE. Everything works fine though for data and calls and mms.

Garry Peppers

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Is your Icon unlocked, or still Verizon branded? Also, what settings did you use?
I am using icon on straight talk using tmobile sim. It gets LTE service. I have tried using at&t sim too, but unfortunately at&t limit their LTE to at&t branded phones only hence only 3g for icon.
Only little problem on tmobile is that the signal meter will show no service when the phone is on LTE. Everything works fine though for data and calls and mms.

techmojo

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have an Icon with the tMobile SIM. Works well. I have the same issue with no signal bar indicators. Did you ever solve this mystery?
Thanks

Garry Peppers

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I just bought an unlocked Lumia Icon, ran my ESN through the site, and it said that my phone WILL work on Straight Talk. It advised me that I would need to buy the AT&T nano sim, though. Not the TMobile. I'm going for it, and will report back in a couple of days to let you know if it works or not.

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Unless it's guaranteed that you'll get lte, I wouldn't think it's worth it. It'd be like buying a Ferrari and only diving it on dirt roads.

eth3rton

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Anyone try this yet with Verizon ST? I'm on wifi the majority of the time and would love to save a little money!

Thanks!

shann123

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone try this yet with Verizon ST? I'm on wifi the majority of the time and would love to save a little money!

Thanks!

Later this month page plus is supposed to get support for LTE phones, you can preorder SIM cards now. It will definitely work with them.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm using my Icon on Verizon Straight Talk with full LTE and everything. The activation kits now come with CDMA LTE Nano SIM cards for every carrier.

Yes, that's a rather new development. Straight Talk just recently started adding Verizon SIMs to their BYOP kits. They say that pretty much any Verizon LTE phone is compatible. They have always been compatible with Straight Talk's AT&T and T-Mobile services, since Verizon LTE phones are SIM unlocked.

One question: do the BYOP starter kits come with Sprint SIM cards?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)