How do I... on the Icon & WP8?

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

This might not be the best place for this type of topic (mods please feel free to move), but as I get back into the swing of using WP8 and soon WP8.1 there are a few things that i am wondering how to do on the Windows Phone 8 platform that i was used to doing on either iOS or Android. Please feel free to add you own questions, and if I or anybody else knows the answer then please share.

So I will start this off with my own question about the default mail app. How do I select a few items in the mail, mark them as read and still keep them selected if I want to perform any other functions such as delete? I get tons of mail to my Outlook.com account and I want to select a bunch, mark them as read, and then delete them without having to select them twice or more. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Anthony

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
why not just delete to begin with?

but you just touch all the way to the left of the email and magic checkboxes will appear.

I don't know if they will stay selected though, let me know how it goes

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
why not just delete to begin with?

but you just touch all the way to the left of the email and magic checkboxes will appear.

I don't know if they will stay selected though, let me know how it goes

Yeah, you don't need to mark it as read before deleting. You can just tap on the left side of the items, then delete them.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Like they already said, just click to the left of the list, check the boxes then you can delete with the trashcan or press the ... menu and mark as read. Once you select them and pick 'Mark as Read' the selections are removed. So, if you want to do both, you will have to select them twice. But as others has said, there is no reason to mark as read if you are going to delete anyway.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Okay. I've got one. It's a question about the default music app. How do I turn a songs volume all the way down to 1/30 before I hit skip to the next song? I would like to do both at the same time. I have tons of songs on my phone that I don't really like, but I'd like to turn the volume all the way down right before I skip to the next song.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay. I've got one. It's a question about the default music app. How do I turn a songs volume all the way down to 1/30 before I hit skip to the next song? I would like to do both at the same time. I have tons of songs on my phone that I don't really like, but I'd like to turn the volume all the way down right before I skip to the next song.

there is an audio leveling option in the settings under Audio
you probably have to press the volume down like everyone else.

Chrono803

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I was curious if there was any way to get the old Nokia message tone instead of the new one? I'm sure I can get used to the new one but if I have a chance to change it back to the old one, I would.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
there is an audio leveling option in the settings under Audio
you probably have to press the volume down like everyone else.

I was being sarcastic ;)

I was curious if there was any way to get the old Nokia message tone instead of the new one? I'm sure I can get used to the new one but if I have a chance to change it back to the old one, I would.

Check this thread out: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-ringtones/228856-original-nokia-ringtones.html

Download the folder, unzip it, then you can move the tunes you want onto your phone.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I got another one...again coming from an Android device. Is there a list somewhere of all of the voice commands? (I am banking that things will get much better on 8.1 with Cortana), but I am so used to using Google Now for navigation, play music, set reminders etc...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I got another one...again coming from an Android device. Is there a list somewhere of all of the voice commands? (I am banking that things will get much better on 8.1 with Cortana), but I am so used to using Google Now for navigation, play music, set reminders etc...

Try holding down the windows button like you would normally to bring up voice activation, then hit the question mark on the right side during the listening time. You can scroll through some different commands and uses that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans